Morlu Legionnaires lose Ignite status when near death

Morlu Legionnaires lose their Firebird’s Ignite status when they start their death animation, which seems to happen while they still have about 5% of life left. Because they still have some life, they don’t die. The only way to kill them is to reapply Combustion and then Ignite them again.

This happens consistently with every instance of a ML in all areas and tile sets in which they appear. I haven’t noticed the behavior with any other enemy. I haven’t played the Firebird set before, so this is the first season in which I’ve observed this behavior. In order to reproduce this behavior it helps to be playing at least a fairly high GRift level so that your Ignite skill doesn’t kill the ML on its own.

I’m using Electrocute / Forked Lightning as my Ignite proc. Also using Focus / Restraint and Stricken, Trapped, and Zei gems.

I am not sure this is considered a bug.

Think of it as comparable to your own cheat death passive. They lose all debuffs, and are frozen for a few seconds with more toughness, but then they come back to life with more health if you do not finish them off.

I think this was not by accident, but rather game design, They have their own cheat death passive.

3 Likes

It’s not a bug, it’s how Morlu work.

Try to apply Locust Swarm (WD) with Pestilence. After their cheat death, if you don’t apply another damage, they… won’t die :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fooled me. That being the case, I’ve suggested this for Dragonmaster’s list of Things that are NOT bugs.

2 Likes