Monsters can not be attacked or targeted, but can attack and kill your char

I Use a WW Barbarian, and find that occasionally (once or twice a day), there are monsters that I cannot target or attack, but can attack me. Most recent case was a Fallen Cur. These monsters will continue to follow me around the level. If it occurs in a greater rift and I kill the Guardian, I cannot interact with Ursi, because its attacks break the interaction. They have even killed my character, and therefore can’t consider playing HC until this is resolved.

1 Like

Read the sticky notes. Known bug.

So… the answer is, don’t play HC, the game is broken?
or are there particular builds that have this problem, and not other builds?

This regularly happens to me with my Tal Rasha’s set wizard. It seems only happen with certain builds, for example my Demon Hunter never has this problem. I play in HC so you can imagine the frustration. However I’ve found something of a work around, it’s ugly as sin, but it has worked the last few times this happened.

After killing the guardian if you’ve got an untargetable/unkillable monster walk to the next rift level and go thru. The monster will be stuck by that door. Hopefully it’s far enough away from Urshi when you do the truly annoying “hack”.

Use Town Portal from this new floor and re-enter the rift by Orek and slog back to Urshi by walking thru the already cleared rift. You get the correct time for your completion, a chance to upgrade your Legendary gems, and to curse the devs who can’t seem to find and fix this bug.

If Urshi is too close to the rift exit (or she’s on the last floor) then the best you can do is walk back to that floor’s entrance and town portal from there. You get your completion but not the chance to upgrade your Legendary’s which sucks, especially if you’ve shelled out for extra chance.

It’s happening to me in roughly 1 in 5 GR’s. Freaking annoying…

It seems to be a known issue and happening to people with DoT builds aka Rend, where the creature dies underground and then when it pops up instead of popping up dead it is now GodMode and will wreck yer world, i do not recommend playing HC toons with these sort of builds at this time, because yes this has been costly as i’ve lost quite a few empowered keystones simply because i cant get the mob to quit attacking me and as of now i can not farm the gibbering gemstone on my barb because half the time chiltara becomes GodMode instead of dropping any loot at all… I also made a post called “Unkillable Monsters?” that has had quite a bit of feed back so it’s a rather quite well known problem and hopefully blizz will fix it soon

Well, this bug is still not fixed, nearly a year later and how many patches? Stupid. You know devs, as a 30+ year developer, I could have fixed it a LONG time ago. There’s really no excuse. (BTW, I have two of the little suckers following my Barb. around interrupting every interrupting interaction.)

Still not fixed. WW Barb and I am still dealing with this. It’s been what 3 years now?

@Madcowdiseas I am having the same issue, clearing in GRs. I have experienced this with small little mobs and elites. And this is very annoying esp since I cannot afford to die on HC.

Playing WW barb HC. I’ve never had it happen as bad as this season though. I end up with 2 or 3 almost every other GR. So far I’ve been able to lead them to the exit to next level then come back around from the beginning to upgrade, or get lucky and leave them stuck somewhere.

1 Like

Same issue. Version 2.7.4.84161

You’d think they’d patch something like this permanently. smh