Monster Glitches?

Is anyone else having an issue with some creatures not dying AFTER you’ve killed them? I’m seeing this happen a lot more frequently lately. I kill them and then they just keep chasing me. I can’t re-kill them but they can damage me. I usually have to book it all the way to the nearest exit to get them to stop following me.

Thank you, Miss Cheetah, it’s greatly appreciated.

Sorry I don’t have better news for you. It is just one of those pesky bugs that has been around forever without being squashed.

No worries, I’m just glad to know it’s not just me. I thought it was my system somehow.

I think I have seen that particular bug 3 or 4 times in the past couple years. At least its rare.

If I recall correctly, a couple of them were spawns from the RG during a GR run that after I killed the RG they were still there trying to kill me. I would either have to kite them away or hurry with my gem levels and get out.

1 Like

It isn’t your system. D3’s chock full of those kinds of bugs. It even has its own version of the World of Warcraft perpetually sliding corpse bug that is still around from 2003.

My guess here is that on very rare occasions, there is an overflow issue, likely caused by overkill damage exceeding a certain amount relative to the monster’s remaining HP, resulting in a sort of “wrap around” that crosses the zero threshold, and back to positive, but because the monster has been “killed”, is flagged as killed even though it can still go after you throughout the map with impunity.

2 Likes

It’s the ultimate rage monster. LOL

Edit:

Left overs maybe from invulnerable minions they used to have I wonder?

1 Like

Yeah same here. It’s very rare from my experiences. Of course, if you’re playing HC, it’s outright dangerous!

Can’t argue with that.

2 Likes

I have this unkillable monster bug often; it started a few weeks ago. Open a ticket problem but no news from blizz

It has been going on for years. This is not new.

Blizzard does not accept bug reports via ticket. The place to report bugs is the Bug Report Forum. They don’t respond directly to you or fix things for individuals, but the QA team does investigate. Bugs are usually eventually fixed in a future patch.

In this case, the bug has been around for years, does not need to be reported again, and has been almost impossible to pinpoint and fix. You are not going to get an answer from Blizzard.

1 Like