Monk Set Changes

Exactly this!

They bring new sets to the game after soo long time…then cool and creativ sets pls…not this boring crap :expressionless:

Not enough! To bring the Set to WOL Performance it needs:

• Eye of Storm unlimited 200%

• Include Tempest Rush to the Set

• Include all TR Runes

• 6 piece Bonus 50000%

• Delete TR from Sunwuko Set

Ratio of the total Damage would be 2/3 Tr and 1/3 Wind.

Personally I very much hope they just remove the Tempest Rush interaction with this set. I’d like to see the 6p retooled to allow any melee ability to proc the size increase. I also think the movement speed bonus should be dropped in favor of damage reduction, as movement speed feels like a dead stat when you have the best teleport in the game. For speed runs you’re teleporting pack to pack with Ingeom, for pushing you won’t generally need to move more often than Dashing Strike’s cooldown.

I really, really want to see Tempest Rush disconnected from the set entirely. It’s just not fun to use IMO, and it requires gearing decisions that clash horribly with the rest of the set. TR needs RCR and doesn’t want AS, SW needs AS and doesn’t want RCR.

I don’t understand the fixation on Tempest Rush for this set. TR is already buffed specifically by SWK and generally by Inna and LOD/LON. If you want to play TR, go play TR. Let this set be something new.

In my testing I found Cyclone + generator to be more fun and more effective than trying to shoehorn in TR. If the 4p is changed to DR and the 6pc is changed to any melee ability (along with a sizeable damage increase), this will probably be my favorite Monk set.

Based on the highest non-season clear I saw of 114 I’d say the set needs about 25 GRs worth of damage on top of at least the standard 50% DR on the set.

Honestly the damage was so low that it felt like something was bugged. The damage wasn’t scaling as expected with SW stacks or Kyoshiro’s was supposed to be buffed as well and didn’t get into the PTR patch for some reason or something. Given how close the buffs to other items and sets has been recently it really seemed off to me.

1 Like

Sunwuko can handle this ability. In fact I would like this new set to give us some new gameplay for Epiphany and Cyclone.

Honestly, all the new sets have so far been creatively weak. I wish Blizz didn’t release them now, could wait longer, to give us something better.

2 Likes

Oh yes…this would be nice :grinning:

I love the Cylone rune so much…but in fact, the 95 % weapon dmg of the tornados is too low…so we need a support item only for this rune or the tornados will be only cool optic crap. And Epiphany is also cool…the inner fire rune with TR looks amazing!

I liked your suggestions if the set stays with TR as part of it. I was replying to the post from DakotaNut about adding a 1 handed weapon to buff TR. I preferred the Gen / CS version of the build when I tested it. It reminded me of vanilla monks and generators seemed to spawn more cyclones and CS pulled mobs into those cyclones, nice synergy there.

1 Like

If they put those numbers in place then TR builds “may” surpass WoL builds. Perfect WoL gear has 142x damage from the 4 gear slots. Your modified gear has 154x from it’s 4 slots (MoC, Hexing, Balance and Cesar’s) plus has potentially 100% Crit Chance from Balance and should be easy to maintain TR due to the 50% RCR.

Doing the math on your proposal, PoJ will likely surpass WoL in dps since TR and SW are basically permanent damage sources and WoL still has to drop bells and wait for animation times. I don’t know if the devs will go that far, but who knows?

1 Like

I still think they have to change Cesar’s Memento to either remove the cc restriction or make it: when ever you blind,freeze or stun an enemy TR damage is increesed by xxx% damage for 5 seconds.

Insted of enemys taking % more damage like it is now.

My LOD TR build on seasons now, hit for 20-49b.(lightning)

My cold can hit over 1500b with 80-100 stacks of flurry, but the build up is about every 30 sec… (if i am not inturrupted, pluss 3 of 5 times the flurry stacs dont work/ hit.)

While my LOD WOL hits the entire screen for 500- to 1200b on each hit. 2 times every seconds.
Depending if i stay in the seasonal rings and have fire rotation on elemental ring.

WOL is in another world. I dont think TR build would come close.

And you dont have to worry as mutch about DR due to range casting

(post deleted by author)

Surely WOL need more dps, it’s piss weak compare to other class.

2 Likes

Well steve, while i understand what you are saying, i have to say.

Devs made this set with a vision of how this set should be.

I do not think they will deviate from this vision, so with that in mind we have to bring feed back that helps there vision.

If you/us/others wish some thing els, make a suggestion of what you want, and pray it comes further down the line.

In the mean time help this set to shine.

Have a good day😊

1 Like

When I tested PoJ with gen / CS instead of TR, the build felt NOTHING like WW Barb. You would dash into a pack, CS and start punching things which triggered cyclones. It was pretty far ftom a one button build that WW is. Running this build with TR was much more of a one button build since you basically TR around the map trying to proc the larger SW and let SW do your damage (similar to WW had the Dust Devils doing most of the damage before recent WW buffs). So the people asking for the build to drop TR and focus on CS and generators is making the build LESS like WW.

Your idea of using 4 different generators to trigger various built up powers is just not very feasible. There are only 6 skill slots. If 4 of them are generators and you’re channeling TR to build up something to be unleashed, that is 1 other skill left in the build. It would likely be Dashing Strike since it’s the best mobility in the game. That leaves you with no defensive skills or mantras or you drop Dash for 1 survivability skill. The way that damage scales, you’d die in a heartbeat. Just look at PoJ as it was on the ptr. The build had no toughness in it and the only way to survive was to stack DR on as many items as possible (Crystal Fist and Dash, Spirit Guards and generator, Lefevbre’s and CS, Desert Shroud, Unity, et.al.).

3 Likes

Agreed 1000%! I am a longtime fan of TR, back to the days of Inna4 Wuko4. I used to run Flurry and cold SSS with Madstone. It was a fun build just running around stacking Flurry until SSS reset and then watch the explosions.

1 Like