Monk low Survivability and Damage bug

I encountered a strange bug yesterday while leveling up my Monk. I was playing on Torment VI where I was once dealing significant damage to enemies, but still relied on my shadow clones to destroy everything in its path. To ensure that I had better survivability I changed all of my skills to fit a more defensive playstyle expecting my shadow clones to do all the work, and after a couple of minutes killing enemies on act 2 suddenly nothing around me was taking damage, neither from my character or from my clones and my character got weaker; getting to critical health after two different enemy strikes. I tried swapping around some gear and skills to find a solution and I could only manage to get my clones to deal its original intended damage but my survivability is still extremely low and I can hardly damage enemies despite having apparently good gear for the difficulty I’m in. I’ve tried lowering the difficulty to normal and it seems like the scale is off since I kill enemies like how I used to in torment VI but without the added benefits of xp or magic find of course. Let me know if there is something else I should try to fix the issue, and I don’t know if it helps but here are my primary stats which I’m sure should be decent enough for Torment VI:
Strength 77
Dexterity 3977
Intelligence 77
Vitality 2658
Armor 8602
Damage 163,106.
All of my resistances are above 300

So, while leveling, the level of the enemies levels up as well. If you level quickly, the power of your character’s gear and stats you have quickly deminish in ratio to the health of the enemies. The solution is to obtain higher level gear and likely start looking for big multipliers and set bonuses. The difficulty of the game does not grow in a linear fashion, it is more of an exponential growth.