Molten wildebeest's gizzard question

hello all,

can somebody eplain how does exactly molten wildebeest’s gizzard work? i know what lps is, my question is about the shield. let’s say i have 10k lps. so my shield (from the gizzard gem) is 20k. what does this 20k mean? for example how much dmg i take if i’d get a 2.1k hit?

Assuming

• the gem is level 25+
  • the absorb shield is active (you didn’t take any damage for 4 seconds)
  • the absorb shield has at least 2.1k left in it

You would take no damage.

But, if you have been getting beaten on in a fight, the absorb shield will get worn down eventually and once it’s used up you’ll start to take full damage.

thanks for the answer. let me ask this in other way. how do i lose the shield?

when the shield is active i don’t take any damage?

Its been a very long time since I’ve used it and I could always be incorrect about some of the nitty gritty details of its workings, but it’s not a permanent shield and once its up it does not refresh every second, only every 4 seconds. And in 4 seconds you can be on the receiving end of a sizable can of whoop a$$.

At max level with end-game gear, etc… you could easily have 700k+ health or even 1mil+ health . Yet, in a high grift an elite can still destroy you in a second. Even a high level mwg gem doesn’t give you immunity to all incoming damage.

thank you again for the answer, but i am still confused. if i have 10k lps, i have 20k shield after not taking dmg for 4 seconds. that is ok. but what does that 20k mean? i can take 20k dmg hit with no harm? what if i’d get a 20.1k hit? i get 0.1k dmg?

If after all your armor, resistances, etc… the damage is reduced to 20.1k and you only have a 20k shield, you’re going to take 0.1k damage.

Or if you have this situation where you start with a 20k shield
Monster A hits you for 5k damage, shield is reduced to 15k and you take no damage.
Monster B also hits you for 5k, shield is reduced to 10k
Monster A hits you again for 10k, shield is reduced to 0
Monster B hits you again for 10k, you take all of it.

thanks, that is what i needed to know!

as columbo said just one more thing. i (the shield) get 5k dmg (i am still at full life) my shield will be 15k. if i (or my shield) don’t get dmg for 4 seconds, will my shield agan at 20k? i mean, what “After not taking damage for 4 seconds” refers to?

Yes if nothing gets past that shield and you take no damage in 4 seconds, then the shield refreshes to full strength. The 4 second cycle starts as soon as you equip the gem (or log into a game).

Generally wouldn’t use Molten gem if you’re a melee class above GR75. Chances are you won’t be hitting everything in one hit unless you have massive damage. The shield is practically worthless in long fights, but still handy if you need Life per Second.

1 Like