Modernize the PC Lobbies to Mirror the Console Lobbies

I’m pretty sure I’m crazy, but also I wanted to get PC players in on the conversation.

We all know that no matter what the PC product will be the better product, but we should all hope that everyone gets the best version of the game they can get.

It seems kind of absurd that they would ruin multiplayer and call it “modern”

Obviously it’s not good enough for PC players to be on a broken multiplayer system, so console players shouldn’t be stuck on it either.

2 Likes

Argh. If this was a joke thread, then my apologies.
But, honestly, it’s pretty difficult to tell when someone is joking around here with some of the stuff that gets posted.

It’s partially a joke. It’s to point out how crazy it is that they are calling a downgrade modernized. We shouldn’t settle for less of a product.

Your comment is what I was looking for though. It shows that this “modern” system isn’t accepted by the majority of the gamers playing the game (PC players) and it shouldn’t be acceptable on any platform.

It was extra work to ruin good multiplayer.

3 Likes

Absolutely now. This is a remaster of the original D2 which was ONLY PC. You don’t change a remaster game just because you think it is too complex. Which is funny because the lobby is not complexed at all.

Again. This is a remastered game not a re-make. Since it will be for console too obviously some things have had to change for console like the lobby, but I don’t want a remaster of a game to start changing other things losing that original feel especially since this was ONLY a PC game.

Sounds like someone is afraid of modern. You purists are trying to ruin the game!

Ok, I get what your intent was now.

But… maybe this IS the “best version you can get” of D2, as it was originally designed, on a console.
Redesigning such an integral part of the game’s original function would go well beyond a remaster.

I’ve seen a few people complaining that the console version of D2R feels like an afterthought.
And to that I have to say, “Well, DUH.
D2 didn’t have a console version, so, of course, creating one for a remaster is an afterthought.
I’m actually surprised they even attempted a console port, given that it would never be as robust as the PC version, without redesigning the game from the ground up in the process. Which, again, is well beyond the scope of a remastering project for a game that didn’t have a console version to begin with.

Seriously, I am baffled by the number of selfish people on this forum, if the issue doesn’t bother someone then they don’t care if it’s ruining the experience for someone else.

That seems kind of like a cop out though. It’s not like the consoles don’t support lobbies, I mean the game makes it for you.

Essentially what the console lobbies are is a middle man that does everything the player would normally do, it even picks the game for you.

If it was like 8k 21:9 support that got cut from consoles it would make more sense as to why they weren’t there, it would be a power issue.

But this is something they went out of their way to ruin to make it seem like it was the easiest for of multiplayer for console users.

Also, it’s a port of D2R, so it’s not really designed from the ground up. Hell Diablo 1 on the PS1 was a great port and they were able to keep the proper menus in tact.

That game not having online made sense though. That was literally something the PS1 couldn’t do lol

Absolutely agree. It’s a joke that they’re acting like these “modernized” lobbies on consoles are better.

1 Like

I know. It’s pretty sad. Like why wouldn’t you want people on consoles to be able to enjoy D2R in all its glory? Why would you be okay with them getting a dumbed down product that’s going to detract from the experience?

2 Likes

Not dumbed down, Modernized!