Modded/hacked leaderboard

Is that possible? On xbox? I can hardly believe that: wouldn’t every player (except Digitally Challenged, technological caveman, nooby noob me!) have an all-primal set?

Technically they could but don’t think many people bother with this save scumming as it is very tedious process. Since primals are on average 1 in 400, that takes a lot of rerolls per item.

Most people using this method likely just settle with a well rolled ancient.

It’s not possible on XB. Meteor is describing some old PSN trick which is irrelevant now. PSN is now just like Switch, completely broken with modded gear in seasons.

You can get all prefect primals on XB but it’s still a process. I’m not explaining it to you btw. On XB you still have to farm gear, run bounties etc. But, the glitch greatly improves your odds.

You want to know real odds of getting prefect gear? My estimate is that you need to reforge 600 times per item. So, 13 pieces x 600 reforges = 7800 reforges = 39,000 bounty mats and 390,000 Forgotten Souls. Good luck!

Oh, I certainly don’t want to get into any shortcut! I made a thread a few months ago about feeling “guilty” about a very minor thing, so I’m a bit of a goody-two-shoes dork… Anyway, I’m pretty glad to be on x-box. Now that I’m finally (after 8 years or so…) good enough to get a few good rankings, I think most x-players should be, and pray to the Gods of Games x-box never gets hacked… Outside of season its insane, people doing 1 minute GR150 runs with all sorts of modded stuff… I don’t really see the fun in that at all… It’s like playing normal mode with a good built: boring as f***!

Signing out and getting back your mats isnt legit.

Most people who play the game already know what rerolling is as in signing out

if you dont get a good ancient.

Its much easier than that, you simply sign out from the cube and get your mats back.

Okay… So… Not gonna lie, I tried it on my off-season character, and as I expected, it didn’t work… So there are three options:

1. I’m an idiot and I did it wrong
  2. The trick doesn’t work on x-box (as I expected, because I think I would have discovered it by accident)
  3. The trick has been removed
    Anyway, I stand by my claim that the x-box LB’s are 99% legit, the only real exception being the GoD exploit and perhaps a number of insanely high paragon levels as a result of that…

Unless of course, I’m an idiot who can’t even cheat…

Dude on XB1 you can easily reforge mats for gear and save scum. This exists on all consoles where D3 has local saves.

If it is not working for you you are doing it wrong but all console players can save the game, then spend mats reforging gear to get Primals and if they get no Primal they force quit the game so it doesn’t save them using the mats and upon reload they still have the mats.

They then move onto to reforging a different item. This is how console players get Primal gear in all 13 slots after a few days of Season.

2 Likes

Along with save scumming, there are ways to randomize Kadala, upgrades, etc., but not going to go into it, as one of the rules of the forum is not to explain cheating. But there’s nothing wrong with not knowing how to cheat. Though it’s really not as hard as has been made out in this thread.

But all of this really is minimal. While full primals can make you stronger, skill and a bit of luck can still overtake those players, provided you have similar enough gear. (I.e. You might be 5% weaker, etc.)

2 Likes

It’s not that reforging is hard, it’s just boring and stupid and frustrating. Not a single player that reforges enjoys reforging. I do it and I hate every second of it. Unfortunately, devs won’t give us game mechanic to collect mats to upgrade leg’s to ancients, and ancients to primals. If that was in the game, I’d do that.

I do agree with “skill+paragon” beating “perfect gear”. This has been proven over and over. But, dumb newbs always cry about lack of perfect gear, and how they would dominate if they just had perfect primals.

Whenever I see stuff like that, I tend to import the poster’s hero into d3planner. I then post the damage the hero does in their current gear, and then I change every single one of their items into primals with the same affixes, and post the damage their hero would do if every single piece of gear they were wearing was primal. Most times the difference is, at best, 10% more damage, i.e. less than a GR’s worth of damage. Correctly affixed ancient and knowing how to play can definitely overcome gear not having a red border.

4 Likes

Define playerbase…are we talking first week or entire season? I suspect the former will stay similar to before, but the latter will drop out, as players like myself play ONLY for the season journey and then drop the game like a hot potatoe.

By your (wrong) definition. Players are playing, no matter what rank they are on the LB. The elitism is dripping off your words…and it isn’t pretty.

PS4/5 yes. I’d be very surprised to see this on XBOX where there is no save wizard unlimited mats.

This Ikke. This is also what we refer to as ‘save scumming’. It is endemic.

It is NOT irrelevant now. Nearly all of the top meta group player are still doing this on PS4/.5. most of them now have save wizard too, as apparently doing bounties is too tedious.

This season, there was a guy with 7 primals on day 3 for his build. Day 3. I bagged via messaging and laughed at me saying he’d already had 12 primals for his builds that he was playing.

you’re referring to kanai recipe rules. That is also endemic.

Yes, but all the top meta group players are cheating en masse. They’re even grouping up with modded players in 4 man GR150 clears. Running 4 man GR150s in 30 seconds earns you a LOT of XP. A LOT…

+1.

You know, I can live with the save wizard scum, save scummers etc. All but the very top 4 man meta group players I can beat on the LBs. But, the modders…no skill, no talent, no idea about the game, but they clear GR150 solo in under 30 seconds via modded gear. SCUM. Those are the players that I want to see Blizzard remove from the LB server (and a permanent ban too, not hard to do via SQL) and have Blizzard also liaise with Sony to have their PSN accounts perma banned.

3 Likes

Just read all the comments, and it seems that I AM indeed an Idiot who can’t even cheat. It also confirms how much of a Digital Noob I am: when I absolutely want an Ancient for an LoD, I do about 100 bounties, and Reforge untill I get one with mostly good stats and then Enchant the one I really don’t like… AND I ASSUMED THAT EVERYONE DID IT THE SAME WAY… I guess I really am naive… Thank you all for explaining, and for not laughing in my face too loudly. That said, this whole getting Primals thing does seem really tedious and, like another poster said, not worth the time.

So, X-Box LB’s… 75% legit then??? At least we don’t have any modders on our LB’s.

3 Likes

I would never call someone that doesn’t cheat an idiot. Realise that by not cheating everything you ever accomplish you can be proud of for getting there honestly.

2 Likes

Im going with option 1 since it does work.

Its more about RNG than skill. Fishing and getting a GG map/mob trumps everything else if people have similar gear and paragon. Like getting a six pack condi. I have been playing on Hard core recently in 4 man on console. With 3 supports and 1 wiz and no lag we took #1 time on hardcore after 2 weeks of playing. A DH exploiter came over because they dont like gator. lol

1 Like

See? This!

Don’t get me wrong, we all play the way we want to, but this exactly what MrTheoden, the great advocate oof soloplay, has been saying all along. You say here that fishing and skill determine how far you get, but then proceed to tell us a story that basically says it comes down to teaming up and going fullblown 4-man META… So even though you are probably more skilled than me and have more patience than me (I’ll never Fish, I can’t even stand actual fishing) your greatest success comes from teaming. And that’s totally fair, BTW! I congratulate you on your achievement! However, it undermines your arguement for skill and/or patience being the defining factors.

But I’ll gladly see LB’s filled with 4-man META enthusiasts that PLAY, over exploiters and cheats!

Most team are similar in skill, but if you get a vile swarm festering with condi and power for RG compared to another team who gets bad floor/mob and rg, the times will be significantly different even if the second team is considered better. Skill does come into play, but RNG is the bigger driving factor for top time. If you choose to be inefficient and play solo that is your choice.

I choose to have fun, and since I do not enjoy META 4-man, I play solo. I still reached top 10 on 5 solo LB’s, top 5 in one of them. I choose fun over efficiency, and I sicerely hope that goes for you, too!

1 Like

This is why I suggested introducing a limited number of attempts to clear a new highest GR and after exhausting those attempts, then you are done. It eliminates fishing, which as far as I am concerned, is akin to cheating.

That is only because the game has been manipulated by Blizzard to be that way…even Raxx has been saying solo players are badly screwed. He’s a top tier player, I think he knows what he is talking about.

Group meta players just don’t understand that concept.