Mod guidelines?

Hi All,

Are the forum mod guidelines posted somewhere?

I put some info together about RNG algorithms last night when the topic of concern about the RNG had come up in another thread, but while editing some of the final details the post vanished. I’ve read before that d3 operators dont like min/maxing too much so I’m guessing it disappeared on grounds of taking readers out of game world immersion by getting into behind the scenes detail.

I’d like to check so I know in future what’s not worth spending time writing about and how to work best with the operators intentions.

I’ve posted min/maxing stuff before on the forums, and that’s never been removed. The forum rules are in the general forum.

There have been posts/replies though I’ve made that have been removed. They tend to involve the discussion of cheating, and I’m not even talking about discussing what the cheat is, or accusations.

The rule I tend to follow is just not to post anything that could bring about negative replies.

1 Like

There is, I assume, automated software on these forums that deletes posts based on keywords…I have had plenty posts deleted after I’ve created them and they are not controversal.

It has to be automated software. I copy and paste long topics and adjust words I think may flag it then create topics until they are not deleted.

I think adding Blizzard too many times will do it as well as certain other keywords in the topic title.

I’m in the EU and post in the morning where it is 2am in the US and the mods are not online yet my post disappears seconds after creation hence why I assume it is automated software.

2 Likes

Yeah, its definitely automated. Like a mod ever comes into our broom closet, lol.

We don’t get pins or mod posted topics in here.

3 Likes

Next day the post returned… so guessing maybe the automated removals are reviewed by a person later.