Missing Boon of the Hoarder

I don’t have Boon of the Hoarder gem. I’m playing seasonal and have checked every seasonal character I own, inventory, stash, all followers, by search and by manually looking over every single piece of gear that exists that I have in case it was stuck but it’s not there. I’ve killed hundreds of RG’s and done both the vault and ancient vault many, many times. I’ve opened the vault myself and gone in others vaults. No boon of the hoarder.

Not a bug. BotH is dropped by Greed.

If the OP has cleared the Vault, then they’ve clearly also killed Greed.

If you kill Greed inside the Vault, the only reason that you won’t get a Boon of the Hoarder gem dropped is if you already have one available, either in your hero’s equipment, in your follower’s equipment, or in your Stash.

An easy way to check if this is the case is to see if the gem is available to be upgraded at Urshi after you complete a GR. If so, take a look at…

3 Likes

Oh, I almost forgot. There is actually a bug regarding the Boon of the Hoarder gem. The first time you’re supposed to be able to get it is by killing Greed inside the end chamber of The Vault and thereafter GR guardians are able to drop it.

However, if you go into Not The Cow Level, for some reason this triggers the flag as if you’ve previously killed Greed, and GR guardians can drop Boon of the Hoarder even though you haven’t killed Greed yet. It’s actually a good way to obtain the gem early in a season, as it’s much easier to obtain a Bovine Bardiche than a Puzzle Ring via Cube upgrades.

1 Like

Wow really ?
I had no idea. If this is true then, I gotta test it out !

I’m very sorry guys. I thought I checked everywhere, followers, mouse over everything, but apparently I missed it. I talked to Urshi like you suggested and it was upgradeable. I knew it had to be in my stash and I could have sworn that I moused over every single piece of jewelry but I guess not. It also seems to hide when searching within an item and not making it stand out. I was going to link a picture but apparently I can’t link in these forums. Searching “boon” will not cause the item it’s in to glow and look like everything else being “faded out” which also threw me off.

Thanks again guys, sorry I was an idiot and thought I was thorough enough.

Don’t worry. The fact that the Stash’s filter thing doesn’t find gems that are socketed inside jewellery was brought up, and ignored, in the PTR Feedback forum when the feature was first introduced.

As for linking things on the forums (without Trust Level 3)…

1. Copy the URL to the clipboard
  2. Paste the URL into your forum post
  3. Highlight the URL in your post
  4. Click the </> button in the editor
  5. This will turn your URL into pre-formatted text
  6. Whilst not clickable, the URL will be properly formatted so others can copy / paste it like this… http://www.ThisIsAnExample.com/HowToMakeLinks.htm

Glad you found the gem.

3 Likes

Thanks Meteorblade - you’ve been very helpful.

https://i.imgur.com/VlKu753.png

Good to know that other people have complained about the gem highlighting issue at least.