Mirror Images - Zei's, Audacity, Power Hungry

Hi.

Have a look at the FireBird Mirror Images ‘GR Group Speeds’ build on maxroll: https://maxroll.gg/guides/firebird-mirror-image-wizard-guide/2#advgb-tabs-tab2

Given that the Wiz wears Zei’s, why is Audacity used instead of Power Hungry?

Is the damage bonus of Audacity dealt to enemies within 15 yards of the wizard AND within 15 yards of each Mirror Image ?

My understanding was that the damage bonus of Audacity, Power Hungry and Zei’s https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/6bdx7k/comment/dhng0aw/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3 were determined by the distance from the player to the enemy hit, rather than from the pet to the enemy hit.

Thanks !

even if you sit on top of the monsters you still get the 16% multiplier from zeis

The reason is that the guide on Maxroll is simply wrong. You must use the two builds in this link, where the wizards complement each other with buffs: https://maxroll.gg/d3planner/266974637
You can see these builds all over the 4-player leaderboards, as wizard is so powerful this season that GR 150 is considered “speeds”.

I should have mentioned that the build I linked to in the OP was for non-seasonal play. Nonetheless, your reply got me to check the seasonal version of their ‘GR Group Speeds’ build and, again, Audacity was preferred over Power Hungry.

But I also found this remark under the ‘Passives’ section:

Audacity provides us with a separate 1.3 multiplier if our target is within 15 yards. Power Hungry is used in some group push variants for its synergy with Zei’s Stone of Vengeance

This leads me to conclude that their idea for using Audacity is to increase the 6-piece damage proc’d by the wizard’s Explosive Blasts, and not the 6-piece damage proc’d by the Mirror Images’ Flame Blades attacks.

Its simply wrong. EB dmg is low unless specifically focuses it. In standard 4p meta, regardless of NS or Seasonal, EB only serves the purpose of proc OID. Audacity can be taken in conjunction with Power Hungry to fully utilise close occy or waiting for occy to spawn from 2nd wiz.

When dealing with Maxroll guides, you have to realise it is written pre season after PTR testings. It rarely updates through out season or patch when builds evolve over time.

An alternate version of zeis + audacity takes no power hungry, it is an audacity melee build. This is because taeguk is heavily diminished when zb+zdh is present, providing 300% additive buffs. True return of 80% taeguk is diminished into 20%. Zeis on other hand can proc 32% even sitting @15 yards. Now zeis has 5 tiers, many may believe zeis tier is 10-50 yard but its actually tiered at 0-41 yard:

0-10 16%

11-20 32%

21-30 48%

31-40 64%

41+ 80%

The best guide is in game seasonal LB snapshot. Adapt and tweak into NS playstyle.

1 Like

I push solo with trapped, zeis, taeguk, power hungry and audacity. the build is so much fun playing with zeis

Just a point on terminology, “pushing” means “pushing the build to the limits”, as in clearing as close as possible to the highest difficulty and best time possible for your character, which you aren’t doing.

Wont matter now since they are completely killing off FB MI builds.

1 Like