Minor QOL suggestion for D2R. Would love to hear opinions from other players too

Apologies if this is inappropriate for this forum, I’ll remove it if it doesn’t fit here. Moving along to the topic, I was playing D2 earlier today and found it annoying how I had to manually click the potion onto my mercenary as he was tanking 10 lightning beetles, cause I could only either cast or heal my merc. If we could get a shortcut to do this with a Shift + potion key or Ctrl + potion key that would be an incredible QOL improvement I think. Also curious to see what others have to say on this. It’s just that when my sorc dies in two hits, I really need to have my merc be able to tank and it would be nice to manage damage and his health at once. Thanks dudes!

Shift + beltkey or shift + right click is already a hotkey for merc potions in LoD. I don’t know if it works in classic non-LoD, is that where you want it added in D2:R is when using a classic character?

3 Likes

This :point_up: = Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

I’ll make a classic toon just to test that and will let you know.

Edit: After making a classic toon and rushing blood raven relatively fast, I can indeed confirm that the mercenary potion shortcut does not work for Classic characters. I tried it in town, and it used the potion on me. I thought maybe it was because her health was full, so I went to The Cave to let some mobs beat her up, and the shortcut still didn’t work.

While you may think I wasted my time, I really just wanted an excuse to make an HCCL character again, something I haven’t done in a long while.

2 Likes

Not sure if its QOL but i’d like a third option for screen resolution. A polished legacy mode, that look good in full screen (by comparison as good as window mode) and support wide screen resolution (without black bars).

For those of us with computers that cannot run 3d graphic, and would like something a bit better than current legacy.

The closest you can get to that at the moment is playing legacy D2 with a glide wrapper. If you had a high resolution display (something like a 4k monitor) you could also use integer scaling on D2 to get a really nice and crisp upscaled look. Unfortunately, other than those scaling features, there isn’t much else that can be done to improve the look of the 2D sprites, given they are all designed for a low resolution.

1 Like

i am surprised you can even remember the shortcuts, i just do it without thinking. i can never explain to friends how its done. i look down at my keyboard and have no clue where i press. and when i try to see where i press in-game i suddenly cant remember where to click. i am so brain dead

I usually remember the keys by imagining that I’m playing the game and have to do the desired action. Even though I’m only imagining myself playing, I’m able to picture the keys I’m pressing. It’s easier with D2 than most games, since I put thousands of hours into it in over a decade of time playing.