[Mechanics] Davlok's Random Testing Shack 2.0

Why would that make sense?

I just does. TR mechanics are a bit murky but more attack speed translates into more damage.

1 Like

Kind of because they can’t code. The dmg ticks and spirit costs are higher with more ias and not the tick rate. And so explo also goes higher

Ahh pewp. I didn’t read they would be nuking the old forums before I could backup any of my old thread. All I have left are drafts of my old post in gmail… so the only TR mechanics post I could find in there is probably slightly wrong (stacks being uncapped, but think everything else is still valid)

Sure, I had actually started a “draft” of a TR mechanics post during 2.3 PTR when the speed normalization. Its not complete yet, but essentially:

• TR cost remained the same (scales with IAS)

• TR tick rate normalized (doesn’t scale with IAS)

• TR base weapon damage scales linearly with APS

• Damage per second = 390% weapon damage x APS

• IAS is dynamic, so FD proccing = damage + cost go up.

• TR “tick” damage = (390%xAPS)/5 - All TR runes tick every 12 frames (5x/sec)

• Electric Field AoE Ticks every 15 frames (4x/sec)

• Flurry gains 1 stack per tick (5stacks/s), and stacks to infinity. (buff display caps at 100)

• All runes have .25 proc coefficent per tick. (very good)

• Mythic Rhythm works with TR can lasts the full channeled duration

[Screenshot of Testing:](Imgur = JUtBxB2)

1-2
3-4

Test#1
Crit = 473,827,442,688 = ~900 stack flurry
Conclusion I have too much time on my hands.

Test#2 = Basic Attack

100% weapon damage = 2273
Conclusion That staff is sexy.

Test#3 = TR Tick

2273 * 390% / 5 * 1.46APS = 2589
Conclusion TR scales with IAS

Test#3 = TR Explosion @ 1898 stacks
2273 * 90% * 1.46APS * 1898 = 5,669,652 damage

2 Likes

Does the Flurry explosion proc area damage? There is a claim in a different thread that it does not but the channeled TR does proc AD. I figured this is the best spot to get a definitive answer.

Yep, Flurry does proc Area Damage.

Went on PTR today to mess around and confirm:
Screenshot of Testing:

https://i.imgur.com/UStwUod.jpg

Melee Attack = 100% weapon damage = 2465.6
Flurry Tick = 2465.6 * 1.13 * 1.392 * 390% / 5 = 3025.117
25 Stack Flurry Explosion = 2465.6 * 90% * 1.13 * 1.392 * 25 = 87263
45% Area Damage of 87263 = 39268 = Correct.

3 Likes

One other question about Flurry from a different thread. Does Mythic Rhythm affect the Flurry explosion? I don’t think that it would but I wanted confirmation.

Yes it does, if you look at rank 2 eu - He’s using MR and that’s ‘Monkforever’

Ist this even still in :thinking:

Couldnt notice any differance between 100 Stacks at Cold … or if i missed it with an extra Rotation for another 20 Seconds.

Pretty sure they put an actual cap of 100 on Flurry at some point after Davlok wrote that and he actually stated that earlier in the same post that you quoted.

What does this video prove? That TR is not capped at 100?

Yes or are you wondering how to do it correctly?

That doesn’t prove that TR isn’t capped. The only thing it proves IF anything, is that a power pylon can be used to manipulate flurrys pop damage after having channeled to 100, similarly to pain enhancer was used in s19.
Its common knowledge that the game snaps your stats prior to calculating flurry damage, and apparently clicking on a power pylon while channeling TR allows the power pylon to be included in those stats as long as you’re not left click + shift channeling TR.
It’s a neat trick, but TR is capped at 100.

Surely if it were not capped you’d showcase a 1 shot, of lets say a 135+ instead of a 15 quad hit which is already doable with a few rotation of stricken stacks.

You can even look at the same channel on that youtube, same monk doing a 139:

He uses fists of thunder with mythic rhythm to gain 40% more flurry dmg. If he could stack flurry indefinitely there certainly wouldnt be any need for that.

This player is me xD the power Trick was found by me but the work of MR was found by my friend Njinx
and an effective group of 4 monks is also my idea. Now before me the task is to make the monk boss killer PoJ+shenglongs+squirt and no CHC in item x4+ damage

MR has been known to affect TR since the days of vanilla. A Flurry based RGK is not very optimal. RGK builds tend to have lots of attack speed to stack Stricken as much as possible. While you are running around channeling TR to build up Flurry stacks to make a big detonation on Cold CoE rotation, a Shotgun Sader will have done a significant amount of damage already and they are on a shorter CoE rotation since they only have 4 elements. A Thorn Necro is on an even shorter 3 element rotation plus has a free 15% - 18% of damage from Frailty.

I can confirm that MR works really well, I swapped harmony for MR and added more toughness, 8% CDR out for RCR and more VIT, it’s clearly harder to stay alive but if you play it right with enough dex (3k + augment for around 130s) you should be fine. Just make sure you have LPH (20k)

I wanted to swap seize out but it’s mandatory for this build, imo.

Drop bomb in the beginning of cold cycle and punch instantly after to proc MR, and next rotation should give you around 90 stacks. This build tweak is mainly for high paragon but give it a shot.

The higher paragon you go the less the build works, as toughness becomes exponentially more important…

You’re better off with balance + flying dragon + furnace + WKL with squirts, even then as Khord said a flurry build is not really suitable for RGK, and you have to gimp yourself too much to be running a generator with TR for MR for acutal high GRs. 140+

Also, why are you saying TR has no stack limit ?

Only works as Speedversion with Lightning, coz the PoJ Spirit-Reg is also canceled by the Shenlongs

For Flurry, you have to take the Sword-Set

:+1:

This.
At best up to 5 APS