Meat & Greet- reloaded?

I recently remembered the old “Meat + Greets” that had been around since the old forum, in which prominent Barb-first or all-Barb players shared a bit about themselves. We haven’t done one for a while, and the only ones still accessible are the new ones (just Basshead, Bastich, and Foamy) on the new forum. The ones from the old forum are all lost.

But, some of those folks, like Free, Blackarrows, Dieharder, JustinFan, and Haybaler are still around, at least some of the time. In addition, since those days, we’ve added prominent new members to our community, like Chris and Seras, our local Rend experts, and Cass, who has been killing it with Leapquake of late. Those are just a few possibilities… personally, I’m down with anybody who has love for Barb in their heart.

The most recent one, by Foamy, is here if you want to see the general format (and, of course, learn a bit about Foamy!)

And, before someone asks me to go… no, I don’t go. As somebody once said, “I will not accept if nominated and will not serve if elected.”

So:

@Free#1745
@Blackarrows#1814
@Chris#11418
@Seras#11432
@JustinFan#1165
@DieHarder#11668
@Cass#12575

Or, anybody else: are you up for it? I’m obviously not going to try to strongarm anybody into it. But hey, some folks like sharing things about themselves! If that describes you, now’s your chance!

3 Likes

Mate :heart_eyes: Great idea to get Meat n Greet going again. I really enjoyed reading about all the folks. It was engaging and I think helped shape the Barb community to what it is/was.

Nice work Rage🤘

1 Like

Haha, wow, that is a pretty deafening silence… so much for that idea!

1 Like

I for one would enjoy reading these if they were written. Went and read the three old ones that are there. It’s a shame all the others are lost!

P.S. on the dead silence I don’t know about anyone else but the barb forum has been pretty quiet. I didn’t notice this post until today. Been keeping entertained reading the back and forth in the banwave thread. :slightly_smiling_face:

I can probably put something together one of these days. I’m on vacation away from the game so havnt been keeping up with forums.
Not that I’ve missed anything important.

Hey Rage, Meat n Greet was great when D3 was thriving, but D3 is pretty much dead now or at I think so. I’ve been playing Wolcen for the last 3 months. I’m enjoying not having to deal with the GR timer and actually finding meaningful gear upgrades. I don’t think I would come back if Weapon Throw got a buff. I’ve grown weary of the layers of RNG that D3 subjects us to.

3 Likes

Back when I made a living as an internationally acclaimed male stripper, rest assured that I revealed absolutely everything about myself. These days, I’m a bit more circumspect.

Please note that this post was made using the comedy font.

3 Likes

Sounds good man, I’ll look forward to seeing it!

Well, sometimes the ol’ batteries just need a recharge. But if not, you’ve had a long run around these parts!

Ah, so that’s what “Meteorblade” refers to!

1 Like

Actually, no. The story behind the name came from an idea about blacksmithing back in a time when the smiths didn’t know that introducing extra elements into the forging could result in a stronger blade. So, the idea was that in a time when iron blades were being smithed, a meteor dropped from the sky containing not just iron ore but also other esoteric elements. The smith found the meteor, smelted the iron ore (and the other elements) and crafted a blade with it that was much stronger than iron. This Meteor Blade was his masterpiece. And that’s the name I’ve used for a couple of decades for all of my warrior / barbarian / paladin / martial characters. In dark times when most men are brittle iron, heroes are men of steely will and resolve.

4 Likes

Lol, yeah, I know. I don’t know if you remember, but I think the first time we ever spoke was me asking you about your name.

So, would you say he subjected it to… Esoteric Alteration?

1 Like