Mantle of Channeling not rolling Necro stats

I noticed when I purchased the armament bags on PTR none of the mantle of channeling rolled necro stats. I tried to reroll some, since I just needed a good shoulder with the right stats, and none rolled necro stats, but I got several pairs of barbarian, DH, and wizard pairs. I think that the item has not been calibrated to detect necromancers looting the item and statting it accordingly. It rolls random classes like it doesnt know what to do.

1 Like

Think it’s normal to all non-class specific items. But you can buy bag of fortune which gives you a good amount of materials, so why don’t you ask to Kulle to reroll the option?

Do you want to be more clear on that?
Stats are shared by all classes, the only things that you would consider Necro stats are “Intellect” (also shared with Wiz/WD), and “Essence”… Well you can’t get essence on them, and the channeling buff applies to the same channeled spells, it’s static. You just aren’t getting the stats that you “want”, that’s why you reroll off the bad one.

I’m just guessing here, but I’m assuming that bonus damage to skills is what is being referred to here.

Possibly, but they’re not random, and the only “channeling” skill that we have is Siphon Blood, this was added to the item this patch. I don’t think that’s what he’s referring to.

Well, “Wizard” stats, if not referring to bonuses to specific skills, would just be intelligence, which would be the exact same for a Necromancer. So what else could it possibly mean? How do you distinguish between Wizard and Necromancer? There aren’t even any secondary stats that can roll on shoulders that would be different between the two classes.

Exactly my point, i think he’s complaining that he hasn’t seen one roll with the stats that he WANTS, like CC/CD + Siphon blood damage or something like that.
Be nice if the OP could actually respond.

Ok here’s what I mean. I loot 10 mantle of channeling, a few come out with intellect and either WD or wiz spell dmg affixes, and the rest are barb DH or monk with either dex or strength. Shoulder slots can roll mainstat, and then a combination of generic rolls, but it also has the chance to do class-specific skill dmg affixes. Not one of the mantles I looted or rerolled 50 times ever had a necromancer skill affix, and maybe you can reroll it, but its always a disadvantage to necros to use this if they have to reroll for skill damage, at least a relative disadvantage over other classes when enchanting items.

So, its not to say I cant get intellect on a mantle, but it is to say that there is a big difference between an item rolling for a specific classs than for a generic intellect class. Especially since if rerolling or looting you need to have a good chance at getting your own type of item - that is, rolled for necromancers specifically, not just intellect, since there is no such thing as “just intellect class” in loot rolling - to be on par with other classes. Plus, if i do spend mats to reroll, even though it is PTR and doesnt matter really, and my rerolls come out a mixture of intellect, dex, and strength, I am even more disadvantaged to get the rolls i want, like CDR, AD, and skill dmg with mainstat on an ancient or primal item for LOD builds.

To put it in perspective, if I reroll Swampland Waders, I will get an elemental damage affix according to my class’s abilities, not the WD or another class. To get a perfect pair of SWL, all I need is the right combination of ele damage and 1 other stat, since vit is almost guaranteed to roll - usually correct ele dmg and either armor or resistance as main stats. So say I’m a LOD monk who wants fire skill SWL pants, I reroll them and get an ancient with fire damage, int, vit, and all resist, and i roll off the intellect for dex - not always easy in practice but thats how it works. Here I have a non-class specific item that I can successfully and easily reroll for the exact rolls I want for my class and build, because I am really looking for about 1-2 statlines to roll the way I want, knowing I will need to enchant the main stat. With Mantle of Channeling, I have to contend with up to 3 stat lines rolling off what I want, which is exponentially more than getting 1-2. Unlike SWL, which has 2-3 guaranteed stat lines (I know int and ele damage are fixed categories on all rerolls, vit is not always), Mantle has no guaranteed stat lines except main stat - which currently on a necro rerolling or looting this item may be int, dex, or str, since as I said necros currently dont seem to register class-specific rerolls that would produce intellect and/or necro skill dmg as stat lines on this item.

I hope this makes more sense than my original post did, please go and test this on your own to see what I mean. Try to roll a mantle of channeling on a necro with AD, CDR, and Corpse explosion damage on an ancient pair, let me know how long it takes you.

1 Like

If MoC can’t roll Necro skills as an affix that is a bug, and as such should be reported as a bug, not a feedback. But do check at Kadala and see which affixes she offers for it.

Ok I didnt know if it was a bug or not, I will move it. Sometimes I get my head bitten off in reporting bugs so I didnt.

1 Like

No worries, there’s a lot to keep track of. I don’t have necromancer, so I can’t say whether anything concrete.

Also it is fair to check and see if others have noticed similar behaviour. That is good use of the PTR.

So i just checked it.
I bought 10 bags at the vendor, 3 moc had dh skill, 3 had wiz skill, 2 had wd skill, 1 had monk skill and 1 had no skill but rolled dex as the main stat.

then i reforged the moc 10 times and i got 8 times a skill not for necro and 2 without a class skill but they both had dex as the main stat.

i did this using a necro btw.

this is clearly a bug

2 Likes

Yes this is what I was referring to, it doesnt consistently roll recognizing your class for int, and never getting your skill rolls by default.

We will look into this.

4 Likes