Make WW Barbs good again

In pre-lod WW barbs were king and you could WW forever as long as there was monsters in your path and had the mana/life leech to keep going. They also did amazing damage and were probably #1 played class, now they are a myth and with all the physical immune monsters they are just bleh.

2 Likes

Mmmm… Powercreep fuel.

The only thing wrong with the WW barb is that he will sometimes become locked, you can’t use any skills or even a town portal, your items turn red and the only options you have is to either die or leave the game.

5 Likes

They still own with the right gear. 1 point into zerk takes care of the physical immune.

5 Likes

Grief/Grief
Nigma

Reapermerc.

GG. You’re welcome.

Pretty much this. I can clear chaos in no time.

Any class in the game would be powerful with those items. This is not a discussion about being fullied geared at the end of the game when there is no more progression.

3 Likes

Ok, if that’s your opinion that’s fine. I love the feeling of getting my barb geared up and showing off how badass he is.

I think part of that is the fact he’s regarded as an underdog. It’s part of the charm of the game. Balance changes will destroy this aspect, and the remaster.

2 Likes

I made one ww in hc long ago with an eth repaers toll with ZOD and ed/ias jewel, some fortitude and decent amount of charms and was a machine cleaning honestly. A lot of fun with that character indeed, could clean like everything at decent speed.

Also, I usually make one ww barb every ladder, with cheap IK set, and worked decently enough for my tastes.

I like the fact there are good and bad characters indeed. And I love they dont try to balance them.

3 Likes

how could you make this?

You could conceivably socket quest it for a zod but that only adds 1 socket to uniques as far as I can remember.

It was at the end of a ladder like, dunno, 10 years ago or so, after trading a lot and that. Not the usual stuff but was fun.

1 Like

yeah that’s why i am confused you can’t make a multi socket reaper’s

1 Like

OOoh sorry I see the confusion. My bad, not a reapers toll, it was an eth cryptic axe unique, I mistake the name, its called Tomb Reaver! Sorry, my bad

1 Like

ahh okay np was just confused by the 2 socket thing

1 Like

Yeah were 3 indeed, a zod and 2 x ed/ias things.
I prefer that weapon in a fury druid wolf, but was fun also in barb.

1 Like

People commonly confuse these two, but yes, that is indeed a VERY good 2H ww weapon. One of my favorites, mostly because of the looks.

Awesome char. <3

1 Like

This is amazing in PvP. You can lock on a paladin with vigor aura and he can use you as a lawn mower.

1 Like

I remember an old rumor going around for a bit. if you were WW locked, you can even whirl all the way through town to see if it’s possible to kill Deckard Cain for the lols.

Yeah maybe bring back the Iron Maiden in chaos sanctuary.

Like every Blizzard game, ranged/caster play is highly favored and melee classes get the short end of the stick. Personally, my favorite is the zealer in either pure fanatic mode or auradin. Very expensive characters to make them work and they don’t zip around the screen with enigma like the rest, but they can be godly. If you think an enigma can be expensive, try getting two dreams, a dragon and a HOJ. 2 Sur, 2 Lo, 1 Cham and 2 Jah. Yup. No biggie. Very satisfying to walk through normal or nightmare and have everything instantly melt the second it appears on screen though.