Major 2020 D3 Patch Wish List Before D4

I’m still hoping for some super patch addressing the glaring flaws in this game. I’m just listing some points where I think D3 can improve and become more enjoyable, I’ve beaten this game 100% and tried every class. Some people might not agree with all the points and that’s understandable because these are just some of my personal patch wishes and some are universally agreed upon. These points are aimed to make the game more fair to players, more rewarding, and hopefully more fun. At the moment I feel like D3 isn’t as rewarding as it should be for the time I put in. #SaveD3 #MakeD3Great

1. More stash tabs, 2 free tabs through a patch for a minimum of 15. Ideally, 5 max per class so 35 max tabs total. I use at least 5 tabs per class during seasonal play; 1 tab for gems, 1 tab for set items, 1 tab for legendaries, 1 tab for extra set/legendary items, and 1 tab for unidentified items or bounty chests. Stash space has been Diablo 3’s biggest problem since 2012.
  2. Item balance, there are still tons of underused useless set and legendary items, blackthorns for example. Either remove them or buff and add creative powers.
  3. Kadala needs to be placed closer to smith on all acts so we don’t have to teleport to act 1 all the time to effectively clean inventory. And the Rift portal tower should also be closer, Act 1 is so popular because the rift portal, Kadala, and smith are close together making it more efficient to salvage and start games.
  4. Myriam needs to give more enchant options, not just 2. I’d say 4 at least, not including your original roll so 5 total. There’s clearly room under the enchanting options for more enchants. Ancient items should allow 2 enchants, 3 for primal items. Enchanting gear hundreds of times over and over again just to get 1 right stat is annoying and takes away the joy of D3. Having to re-farm a rare ancient or primal because of a wrong stat is also very frustrating, I have a life outside of D3.
  5. Follower buff please, they’re not helpful enough to justify them even being there for solo play. Allowing players to use all 3 amulets for each follower and raising the numbers on the skills is a start.
  6. Infernal machine portals need to close by itself after beating the boss and when all members recall back to town. Should be able to choose the difficulty of the bosses and get better loot after the kill, makes the Infernal machine game option for public games more prevalent.
  7. Cow portal needs to close after completing the cow event (30-second window) and it should be marked on the map, shouldn’t have to search for it. Ancient cow level possibly? Like the ancient vault for puzzle rings.
  8. 6 passives max instead of 4, there are so many passives that I’d like to use but can’t. There are around 18 possible passives per character and we’re limited to 4, feels a bit too low for me personally. 6 would match the number of skills we have too and would barely add any power creep, most of the passives are defensive or resource related.
  9. 9 cube powers max instead of 3. The cube offers more than 50+ powers but we’re only allowed to use 3, it really limits the possible power combinations and takes away the potential joy of using a really useful power. It’d make pushing a bit easier and offer more build diversity because you can use more item powers. Once item numbers get buffed and get new powers, having more cube powers become a necessity.
  10. Lastly, I would love to be able to use more items; 6 jewelry items max and 6 gems max like THANOS. So 2 neck amulets and 4 finger rings would be appropriate. Furthermore, 2 wrists would also make sense too. Just imagine nemesis bracers and 1 of your core bracers on each hand.

Okay, I just decided to add some insight as to why I decided to type out certain wish list points.
#9 The cube itself has 9 square spots so whenever you have a power equipped 1 of the black slots can start to glow yellow. By having 9 cube powers I mean this; 3 weapon slots, 3 armor slots, 3 jewelry slots. This would add more build diversity because we can choose more powers to play with, people can use different powers for different types of builds. So 3 different types of powers for each category of an item are ideal for players in my opinion.
#10 More equip items = more build diversity. Many of the gems are underused or not even used at all, offering 6 gem slots gives players more gem choices and adds more build diversity. Some people can run a defensive gem build or offensive gem build.
Extra Point: Reforge legendary recipe in the cube should raise your chances to get an ancient and primal item every time you use it. And once an item goes ancient or primal it doesn’t lose it’s status once it’s reforged again. Reforging items in this game and not getting a decent item is one of Diablo 3’s most painful experiences.
Extra Point 2: Gift cubes should be usable on amulets and rings, freeing up 1 more useful primary. Gift cubes should also be usable on off-hands as well. A maximum of 3 slots on weapons and off-hands is ideal. It would allow players to use the other underused gems along with the green/purple/orange one. You cannot be allowed to use 3 gems of the same type or that’d be too powerful, only 1 of each type (e.g. green, red, white gems for damage builds).

I think these changes will make the gameplay more fun and enjoyable but will add power creep so Blizzard can just increase the difficulty of the current torments and increase the drop rate of loot like crafting materials/death breaths/legendary/set items in the current torments to deal with the power creep from these changes. Or they can just redesign the difficulty system and make TX the highest difficulty and equivalent to greater rift 100. Example: T1 = Gr 10, T2 = Gr 20, T3 = Gr 30…etc. all the way to T10 = Gr 100. Cause at the moment I think there’s just too many difficulty levels, setting T10 as the max difficulty seems cleaner.

What are some of the other important patch points that can make the game more enjoyable? I edit this post once in a while to add more info and useful ideas.

8 Likes

I don’t really have a horse in this race as I’m mostly here for Diablo 4, but it sounds like you want to massively power creep a game that already has runaway power creep.

Wont half this stuff make the game even more trivial?

19 Likes

I’m a 100% agreed with everything you said OP!

3 Likes

remove filler items and auto pick up all craft materials.

6 Likes

I got no time to pick up arcane dust.
I am on the move … I am going places.

2 Likes

Way to much power creep OP, I miss the down vote button.

20 Likes
  1. This won’t be happening due to technical reasons.
  2. Yes, there are a bunch of items that are basically autosalvage. No use in any build.
  3. Agreed.
  4. Yes for more options per enchant, no for more enchants per item tier.
  5. Yes to buffs but not how you suggested.
  6. Agreed.
  7. Needs to be something that players don’t accidentally trigger.
  8. This has come up before and my point still stands. This is nothing but unnecessary power creep and definitely does not create more build diversity.
  9. Same as 8.
  10. Power creep again, definite no for this.
6 Likes

All I want to know is where you live so I know not to drink the water if I ever visit.

8 Likes

Even this alone would be good. Some Legendarys don’t even have powers, like The Grandfather sword. (My favourite unusable item). If they make all legendary’s more viable we might see more LoN builds and diversity!

2 Likes

9 cube slots? GR150 would be done in 2 days with that so no.

No more stash tabs, they have repeatedly said it will cause too much lag on PC and Consoles.

2 Likes

You wont be doing better in the ladder with these. Thats a fact. It will make the game a lot more complicated with that many options. I am assuming you want new skills and new legendaries for the extra slots.
Those will make everything very complicated. I agree that the game should get more complex this is why we donot have different trashkiller. If it was more complex we would have different trashkillers and supports and bosskillers.

You have not thought of act 6 there must be a new act new scenerio. It is not that simple

Indeed. It’d be just absurd.

The thing is, I’ve seen the OP suggesting this 6 passives and 9 cubed powers thingie several times before and I still can’t get my brains wrapped around to by what logic those, especially the cubed powers, would create more build diversity when in reality the effect would be the very opposite. You create build diversity by having many viable option but only being able to choose a few at the same time. If one could choose many at the same time, that would greatly reduce potential combinations.

5 Likes

For stash space, I would cut the number of general tabs down to just 3, but add 5 tabs for each individual character that are only accessible by that character. That would eliminate the storage problem in D3 without taking additional in-game memory. If you want to share an item in one of your character’s individual tabs with one of your other characters, you simply move it to a general tab.

I agree with some of your other points such as on the portals all needing to close after finishing a level. I think 9 cube powers might be a little much though.

One other thing I would like to see is a change to the mystic. I think you should be able to pay the extra gold/mats and roll more than just two attributes per roll. Maybe allow up to 8 or something. This wouldn’t feed into power creep or anything, it would just reduce the monotony of rerolling your gear. I would also like to see the ability to reroll more than one attribute on ancients/primals. Maybe allow one primary stat/one secondary stat on an ancient and any two stats on a primal.

The chest is already split in groups of five tabs, so I would want it with 5 shared tabs (game mode wide) and another 5 tabs for the character.

As for follower boost… agreed. As a solo player I’m all game for better followers. Not necessarily the way OP suggested it, though. One way would be to let Legacy of Dreams among other gems work on Followers and add all armor slots for them. Because right now the are completely underwhelming and undergeared. Also it is bad that certain stats are capped (like 150% CHD cap) which is pretty much pointless in the current state of the game. If they do something for followers I would ideally want them to grant us the choice to either gear them for utility or dps.

Absolutely no for something like more jewelry slots or nine cube slots and such. That’s completely overdoing it. Regarding the cube I would agree to getting one more cube slot for armor piece type affixes - there are so many slots and so few ways to actually use them. Especially if the introduce new items. And then they could add one more cube slot, but for follower related items (like the tokens - and adding more tokens in the process - why? Because that would actually make the non-immortality tokens usable!

2 Likes

variants of yours;
1 =

1 stash tab per character, not gated like now to prepare for P2W in D4…

4 = hard to have an opinion.
5 = i posted already a suggestion: make 3 of your own characters your 3 followers: Solo heaven.
9 and 10 are way over the balancing line :dizzy_face:

Lets add more powercreep just for fun!
Most of the ideas are just terrible and offers nothing.
I prefer balance patches.

2 Likes

I just want a WoL monk build to be able to play a DPS role in a 4 man push, preferably as trash clear, and they can make LTK like a RGK type build, that would be nice.

1 Like
  • Make pets pick up crafting materials.
  • Lower forgotten souls cost for reforging legendary items from 50 to 30.
1 Like

5 is excessive

This is correct

This is such a minimalistic quality of life change that it doesn’t even matter.

Absolutely not. Having 2 new enchants each iteration may be annoying, but it’s supposed to be like that. Being able to reroll an item stat is powerful enough as is.

Followers are not useless to any extent. They are there to support you, not kill enemies.

Yet another nit-picky quality of life change, it’s not hard to leave the game and start a new one.

Same as above.

Balancing this would be nearly impossible, and would lead to even more OP builds.

This is so incredibly irrational, I don’t even know what to say. If this were to happen, each class would be regularly clearing GR 150 solo.

I feel like you don’t understand that more isn’t always better.

Not necessarily. More useful, and more balanced items will mean more build diversity. D3 is inherently flawed in this, and it’s not a quick fix. D4 will be addressing this.

3 Likes

As Rhízōma mentioned, make pets be able to pick up crafting materials. Additionally, somehow make bounties not completely useless, like increase ancient and primal ancient drop rate from reforging items. At the current 5 mats each per reforge, it’s not worth it to the slightest extent to play bounties beyond extracting powers and finishing the season journey.

1 Like