[Main Thread] Windows 19041 - Freezing for 5-10 seconds

Just be mindful that when you launch battle.net.exe that sometimes it kicks off an immediate repair which will replace the fmodex64.dll file

1 Like

Yep. So far it hasnā€™t yet. Just need to make sure battle.net is already running. If you use it without battle.net then only that process will start and thatā€™s where it will perform a file check.

1 Like

I have been using Jamieā€™s version. After the launcher starts it replaces the files but I just run the script before starting the game and it works well that way.

Still no fix ??? The game is unplayable for me

Any updates Caterpepi ?

Iā€™ve been having similar issues. Another thing that happens to me is when my D3 game stutters, my sound on DISCORD stops working for a bit! Specifically, I cannot hear my friends. They can still hear me.

Do you guys think this is related to the bug? My pc temperature isnt the problem. not sure what else it might be.

Our team is still looking into the issue and still havenā€™t confirmed what exactly is causing the problem, but they do have a hunch to what the issue is. With it being the weekend, I may not be able to get more information until the weekday. Iā€™ll check back to see if thereā€™s any additional information to share on this issue.

4 Likes

Bizarre how this is not fixed yet. The game is unplayable for most of us, unless we break the game files. This results in no sound. A lot of us have taken a lot of time to resolve this issue, before stumbling upon this forum post. I had this issue for over 3 weeks before i found a fix/workaround. i put in hours and hours of time to try and fix it. I was afraid that my pc was the problem ofcourseā€¦
I can imagine that less technical people thought their pc is broken and bought a new one or they have just stopped playing the game they like. Issues like this should get high priority! It seems like this will take another month at lease if they have not even found the cause of the problem yet. That is just unacceptable.

4 Likes

I havenā€™t played much with the latest patch itā€™s not playable.

D3 is unplayable for me right now, stutter mess.

Each GR game I start I get 3 freezes now per game that last 20seconds each and some crash the game.

It is a mess! Unplayable and constantly freezes. It is certainly a server side error!

1 Like

yup i also have this wierd problem afther latest windows update 2004 unplayable thinking about unistalling the game becaus season is kinda game over for me anywhays becaus of this GG unlocks GG diablo

1 Like

Same here, HC is kinda frustrating with random freezes. They should be able to restore characters because of dying and not being my fault. Well, maybe it is my fault for playing this game. Time to move on?

Been a long time diablo fan but this has gotten old not enjoying playing with no sound or constant problems thinking why should we pay for d4 when they cant even keep 3 workingā€¦

Ok so let me get this straightā€¦ The first post of this thread was in mid-June. There are over 130 replies to the original post. Andā€¦ itā€™s AUGUST!!! AND THE PROBLEM IS STILL NOT FIXED??? Are you serious??? I GOTTA know: Do you care anymore? Are you too busy with other things to worry about an issue that actually makes the game unplayable? I have tried these DLL thingys and Iā€™m stillā€¦ STILL having issues. Againā€¦ It is now AUGUST!!! 2 months of this happening and you canā€™t be bothered to stay during a weekend to see if your ā€œhunchā€ was correct? I would love nothing more than to play this game to keep from going crazy with everything that is going on out there these days. But I canā€™t because you seem to not take this game-breaking issue seriously. I usually donā€™t go a dramatic cry baby like this butā€¦ I seriously donā€™t think you guys care about us anymore. ESPECIALLY the HC players that have had their progress and characters erased because of this bug. I really hope you have something in place for them. Because this is not their faultā€¦ at all.

1 Like

So many angry players here :slight_smile:

They are working on the issue; we have a workaround that will solve the problem in the short term albeit without gameplay sound.

The issue is with the bug that while 100ā€™s are effected maybe 1000ā€™s there are 10,000ā€™s that donā€™t have an issue. I play with around 100 different people and 10 might have the issue ranging from full lockups for 10+ seconds (me) to .5 seconds (many). So, replicating the issue is difficult because not everyone has the issue.

My advice is to stay calm but if you canā€™t for the sake of your mental wellbeing, move onto something else and remove Diablo from your life.

Right. Hardware combination could be a factor. Software setup as well. Either way they would have to try to get as close to condition as possible to reproduce and then verify fix. Itā€™s a long and tedious process.

It is frustrating that after so long the problem persists. Does anyone else deal with this problem?

Yes, I stopped playing d3 :laughing:
And I realized, crap maps, crap loots AND bugsā€¦ why am I playing this game ?!
Good luck guys.