[Main Thread] Windows 19041 - Freezing for 5-10 seconds

Problem is not fixed.

1 Like

Still getting random 5-10 seconds freezes and crashes to desktopā€¦ How the hell has this not been fixed yet lol??? Like I know it happens rarely so it may not be a big issue but its still annoying. Seriously whoever is in charge of the D3 team should be kicked and fired from his/her chair and title and get someone else in charge who actaully cares about the game.

5 Likes

Rarely? Like ā€œonce each 70+ GRā€ rarely? Iā€™ve completely dropped HC chars until itā€™s fixed (and not through some hack - I do mean a real fix).

3 Likes

I believe Iā€™m only seeing these issues during a GR run, most of the time im doing 4 man GR150s. I get those 5-10 sec freezes like once or twice each night I play, and crash to desktop like once every between 4-6 days. Thatā€™s rarely for me, it doesnt bother me too much.

Guess you play softcore then :innocent:

1 Like

I have not been playing much in public grifts this season, primarily due to the simple fact once you hit 100 or higher, the risk of 5 to 10 second gaps and the insta-death they cause are just too high. Not to mention that in 15 seconds the group is miles down the canyon and you are essentially out of the game until the boss dies.

Iā€™ve had the delays occur in nearly every public grift Iā€™ve run that was above 100. The length of the stall varies, shortest is a long stutter - longest was about 15 seconds, I was close to closing the game with Task Manager (Windows and mouse were responsive - but game was dead).

1 Like

Blizzard any news on this one? Or do we need to wait for Diablo 4?

1 Like

There is no new news ā€¦ I died again yesterday - no longer counting the number of times, maybe 16, 17 times. Iā€™m done playing this game because it doesnā€™t make sense. I speak to blizzard support, but they canā€™t help me. They send information about nvidia driver update 3 times ā€¦ and make you wait for the problem to be fixed.

Dogram this season and itā€™s over, a few days ago I bought a COD clod war and now I play it.

Good luck ā€¦ if they fix something, write, maybe I will program some records this season without fear that the game will throw me away

This worked for me for weeks and then suddenly stopped working. Every time I logged in using the .bat file it forced an update on me making the original fmodex64.dll reappear. If I try to rename it, put the new file in and remake the .bat file it just happens again.

Not sure if Blizzard changed something or if Iā€™m just out of luck.

ya i tried this. it worked for 1 day after which it started again and froze within 20 seconds in a normal rift (not even a GR).

Gentlemen, I was able to convert the bat file and it doesnā€™t download again, but it doesnā€™t work for me anyway - the problem persists. I have two problems: 1. The game crashes for no reason when I play Windows with an error code, 2. The diablo 3 application is not responding in the task manager and I have to close it manually to restart the game.

I sent all the error codes and logs to blizzard and they cannot help. Something just broke and they donā€™t know what, if for over 2 months from the start of the season the problem is occurring

after months of the problem, I finally solved it. On Windows 10 right click desktop, display settings, graphic settings, TURN OFF VARIABLE REFRESH RATE.
I can now max all the in game video settings and no problem.

This is the second time Iā€™ve seen you post this.

Iā€™m not having freezing issues. But, the first time you posted this, I was curious to see what Windowsā€™ Graphics Settings I had enabled. (Since I use the NVIDIA Control Panel for graphics settings).

I donā€™t even have an option listed for ā€œTURN OFF VARIABLE REFRESH RATEā€.

I did find a new option for Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling. It was off by default, so I turned it on. Research revealed that this new feature is supported by certain NVIDIA and AMD graphics cards. (Mine included). However, turning it on currently has such a minimal affect that players may not even notice the difference in-game. Microsoft is supposed to add further support in the future. So, it may eventually become a noticeable performance improvement.

Iā€™m glad that you have the option to turn off variable refresh rate on your system and that it solved the freezing issue for you.

Even after using the fmod fix, I still get freezes is there any other fixes? do I also need to launch it from desktop with the fix

Was also having freezing issue on win10 20HO for the previous 2 days, fixed it by going to device manager and uninstalled sound controllers driven and managed by Realtek and allowing microsoft to drive them instead. Havenā€™t encountered a single freeze since then, has only been 1 day thou.

Edit: started freezing again, must have had a good run. sigh this is painful

I had this setting disabled so it is not the solution to the problem. I verified it at home.

Iā€™ve been having this problem (freezing for 5+ seconds; no crashes as of yet) for the past several days. Itā€™s relatively random, but appears to only happen to me while Iā€™m in a rift; have died several times due to it. Itā€™s happened more than 10 times (with added updates below).

I play the game in windowed mode (max settings with ~120 fps) and I never have my sound/music enabled (if thatā€™s a variable).

Windows 10 20H2 (19042.746). Need more info? Let me know.

Very, very annoying.

Updates:

• Again, 1/23/21 at ~10:55 PST in a GR44
  • Again, 1/23/21 at ~18:36 PST @ Rakkis Crossing, Act III
  • Again, 1/24/21 at ~07:24 PST @ Pandemonium Fortress Level 2, Act V
  • Again, 1/24/21 at ~07:57 PST @ Stonefort, Act III

Still getting some crashes (Windows 20H2, no realtek drivers), even with the FMOD fix. It can happen in rifts or just when doing bounties. Very annoying.

Can we get an update on this issue from Blizzard team? Is it at least being worked on?

Big Shout out to Wudijo for covering the fix and linking my simple post ā€¦ Hopefully Blizzard see this is still a problem and do something

5 Likes

I have this problem as well Screen Freezes for 5 seconds then it comes back and Iā€™m dead. It Started last week after a Windows update too.

So no words or fix still from the devs? Damn

Anyways quick update Iā€™ve tried the method of replacing the FMOD and now it doesnā€™t freeze anymore.
I wonā€™t say it works because itā€™s a shame that a problem from 2013 is still running around to this day and never got fixed.