[Main Thread] Windows 19041 - Freezing for 5-10 seconds

They literally just gave up. With no updates to the community. I’d pay for a fix…

Biggest post on forums for years and they are still ignoring it, clearly pushing us not to buy games from them. No doubt PTR has same bugs as the files have not changed that make a difference. Poor show from Craptivision

2 Likes

Happy Birthday to this thread - it’s now one year old!
Wonder if we’ll get a fix as a present…

6 Likes

Massive Happy Birthday to the game breaking bug from the inept team working on destroying D3

BTW: If you cant get D3 a 9 year old game working, I will certainly spend my money else where, Blizzards great Customer service has died

Also bug still present on next season if PTR is anything to go by :frowning:

2 Likes

I have had 3 characters died to game freeze for 2-5 sec on my main gaming PC.
This is quite annoyed bug to fix as I definitely think it isn’t anything to do with your systems.

Out of frustration, I went out and buy all brand new components and built a brand new pc with nothing identical. Install battle.net and D3 only on a fresh windows 10 version 20H2. Launch the game played for 6 hours straight and bam … game got frozed and wasted another HC character.

I gave up.

Please Help keep the PTR post alive if your having the issue in D3 (post post post)

Diablo 3 expansion “The Frozen Troll” Welcome

4 Likes

Well add me to the list of people affected by this bug. Turning sounds down to 32 worked as a temporary fix, but it’s not ideal.

Man, first the Nvidia flickering issue with WoW that FINALLY got fixed after 6 months, and now I have this bug to deal with!

Going from 128 to 32 doesn’t seem to be THAT noticeable, but still sucks.

Edit: Had to go to 16 for groups. Really noticeable now :(. How is this not fixed? It’s pretty game breaking.

Tried the DEV channel version of Windows 11 earlier, and game actually feels better and no freezes yet :open_mouth: Will report back after some higher gr’s 110 was ok and no freezes normally 3 or 4 for me.

1 Like

3 hours of gaming and NO rage quit yet! Windows 11 dual boot working great for this bug so far and I have sound at full quality :smiley: - Hopefully others are also testing so we can confirm Windows 11 will fix the lack of effort on craptivisions behalf.

1 Like

yep stopped playing two seasons ago not because i dont like the game i realy like it but the freezing was just too annoying and im sorry bliz but bypassing the sound is a lame cop out i figured it had been long enough maybe they got it fixed but they didnt dosent even look like they care

How is it after a few days of play? Can anyone else confirm that Windows 11 fixes the underlying issue?

It’s quite possible the issue was originally caused by Microsoft and not Blizzard and Blizzard was under an NDA per the pending Windows 11 release - e.g. even if they knew Windows 11 would fix the underlying issue with the audio, they may not have been allowed to tell the public / forums about it…

Still enjoying D3 in Windows 11, shame I have to dual boot to play one game! No more micro stutter and no more freezing (FMOD issues). I was getting freezes all the time on Windows 10. My advice would be to install 11 on a spare HD and test yourself, no harm in trying :slight_smile:

• Would be great if some others could test as well, I don’t want to be a one off
4 Likes

After reading a lot of posts on this issue, I decided to run the game on my old workhorse PC with the Windows 7 Premium operating system.

Surprisingly, I played a full, continuous 10 hours in Hardcore mode without a single stutter, freeze or disconnect. This is compared to my new, high-powered rig running Windows 10 which earlier in the day, froze 4 times in the space of an hour.

edit: Played 8 hours Wednesday, Gr 80 to GR 120, both solo and multiplayer without any problems whatsoever. Most enjoyable session of D3 I’ve had for months!

My thinking is it’s an old game built for an old operating system. So far, it seems rock solid. Though fmodx is part of the issue, I think Windows 10 is the ultimate culprit. Considering that every issue of Windows has been plagued with errors and problems, this comes as no surprise. Only every 3rd or 4th iteration of Windows seems to be adequately functional. i.e. Windows for Workgroups 3.11, Windows 7 and possibly Windows 11 as per Crinel above.

I’ll post again if this issue rears its ugly head in its ‘new’ environment.

1 Like

Still working on this?
Even if you said you are I wouldn’t believe it tbh. 1+ year later and this issue still exists and hasn’t been solved.

1 Like

My 150 member clan is really frustrated with this “sound freeze”. Most of the clan has stopped playing HC because of the issue. Is there any word for Blizz as to what is going on. Is it a Blizz issue or a Windows 10 issue? A simple question why no answer?

TLDR. I don’t know if this was answered. With Diablo running, Open task manager>Details tab>Diablo 3>Right Klik and select set affinity>unselect all and select 1&2. close. You need to do that every time you log on. That should fix the micro freezes. You can play with sound with this fix.

this dosent work for me still the same

Hi Crinel,
with the W11 version 22000.1, Diablo 3 ran extremely well and very quickly, without errors.
With the W11 version 22000.65, Diablo also ran well, but I often noticed micro stutters.
Greetings from Germany. :wink:

Happy belated birthday thread!

We understand you are a small indie company but 1+ year seems to be a long time to solve a game breaking bug guys.

4 Likes