[Main Thread] Windows 19041 - Freezing for 5-10 seconds

Hello - I lost 7 hardcore characters this season (22) to about 10-15 seconds freezes. All of them were while playing with friends in greater rifts. No freezes in anything else for me and it never happened before this season personally. As about now Hardcore is officially unplayable. I’ve heard that the bug is still here in the new version ptr 2.7 but there’s a LOT of maintenance and shutdowns of the test servers. Which I think could mean they are working hard on something… It could be this bug we never know.

If they were working on it, they would at least acknowledge it and update us. S23 looks to be a quiet one for me :frowning:

2 Likes

I’m not PC expert but I’m pretty sure it’s not an issue with the computer as ppl have different hardwares/softwares installed/different version of Windows. Don’t think it’s from internet/wifi lagging either because ppl have different internet service provider/different modem & wifi router etc. For those who are also having this freeze issue, the only thing in common is that we play D3. So where do you think the problem originate from?

2 Likes

Did you read any of this thread. The problem relates to Blizzard using and old version of FMOD, the new Windows 10 update has caused this out of date file to become an issue. Blizzard can update FMOD but it could be a a large task. One would hope they are working on a fix atm, but don’t hold your breath as they wont even acknowledge the fault.

Guys and girls this thread needs attention, please post here daily until we get a answer from Blizzard!

Okay.

• I’m running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.870).
  • I’ve completed Season 22 on all 3 Regions.
  • My fmodex.dll and fmodex64.dll files are Version 0.4.34.20
  • I am running D3 in 64-bit.
  • I am not experiencing freeze issues.

Blue post… fixed topic… a lot of bla bla bla and the solution doesnt not exist… if you doesnt know how to fix, at least give us some position about anything… we are asking for help about this issue for more than one year… its a shame!!

5 Likes

Fine. The new season is starting soon and the blizzard still hasn’t fixed the bug. Thank you.

4 Likes

I am running Window 10 Pro 64=bit Version 20H2 Build 19042.870
Only completed one region
Both my FMODs are 4.34.20
I am running in 64-bit and have ran it in 32-bit
I AM experiencing freezing issues, can happen multiple times in one rift, or go several without it happening, can happen in bounties as well. Ryzen 2600X, 32gb ram, AMD 5700 8GB evoke card, game installed on m.2 NVME Samsung 970 Plus 1TB and have tried on standard hard drive as well.

This issue is still happening as of today for me. I implemented the replacement .dll file without sound and that solved my problem. I had to modify my pathways for the Diablo III folder, and I added an exit command, so it closes the terminal window automatically, but if you launch using that custom .bat file, it works fine. Have your sound enabled and when it launches, you should hear nothing. That’s how you know it worked.

@echo off
copy /Y "{Path to}\Diablo III\x64\fmodex64.dll.new" "{Path To}\Diablo III\x64\fmodex64.dll"
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Battle.net\"
Battle.net.exe --exec="launch D3"
exit

This works well but why should we play with no sound and also break T&C’s -modifying files? A year after the fault started they should have implemented an approved work around until fixed.

4 Likes

Still 10sec-freezing… do something Blizzard…

6 Likes

If we give Bobby another $200 million bonus could we get this fixed?

4 Likes

For what it’s worth, I got a new Razer Blade 15 laptop around the holidays, and played D3 for a month or so before I started having this problem too.

I’m also getting the “FMOD Error sound not ready in 200ms” error in my D3Debug file.

Any chance of an Update??, or should us loyal fans just drop playing your games until we get a fix? - FOI: customer service is as bad as EA’s and that takes some doing.

3 Likes

The silence from CS continues as does the BUG, taking the P*SS :frowning:

4 Likes

I am a hardcore player.
Came back to check the new season and firebird.
Once I started pushing GR110 I had again the freeze lag bug!
So nothing has been fixed in months now.
I was lucky I had 2 cheat death skills activated and both were triggered.

Can Blizzard please reply? Otherwise my new firebird wizard will be fast freeze lagged into hell during S23.

4 Likes

Please fix this already! It’s been almost a year!

5 Likes

I too have this freezing problem
I played season 22 and this problem was frequent in every activity in the game, but mostly in Greater Rifts. Freezing for about 10-20 seconds and then resuming on a killed character surrounded by a lot of monsters. I was hoping that Blizzard would have fix this major problem with patch 2.7.0 , but nope. Problem is still present. So im forced to use fmodex64.dll (version 0.4.44.23 that can’t play sound but no freeze) instead of the original fmodex64.dll (version 0.4.31.4 that is able to play sound with frequent freeze)

Blizzard please fix this !

4 Likes

Last blue post was in 09/20. No bug correction, no season bonus.
Guys… the truth is that the game is dead and we are persecuinting a phantom

3 Likes