[Main Thread] Windows 19041 - Freezing for 5-10 seconds

Howdy guys,

after being spared from this pesky freezing bug 'til last week, I noticed a post during my research i wanna share with you:

Funny thing is, I just play season on and off, never above 1k paragon and this issue never occured to me. But this season the necromancer is so powerful I gained more levels than usual. Got to 1200 paragon and guess what - had three freezes within’ an hour. I stopped playin’ my HC hero because of it.

Has anyone else recognized a connection to paragon…?

I am paragon 1015… and I’ve had this issue since I was in the 800’s…

Paragon 1800+ , Win10 v.1909 , nVidia drivers 461.09 (2080Ti) <= All that has nothing to do with that audio.dll that has problem with everything.

Well I guess all we can do is keep this thread up the top and HOPE a blue will respond. I have no confidence we will get a reply as the PTR 2.7 still has this bug, fmodex64.dll is still the same old version, and im sure without updating the libary for fmodex they wont be able to fix it.

Surely they can easily update fmod to latest version and recompile after any code changes to reflect version update. Blizzard must have the resources to have fixed this months ago

same here … on a fresh installed windows system I experience these 5 second freezes and die in them a lot.
… cant believe this is a 9 month old issue and there is no update from blizzard for such a long time now.

Why is this issue not included in the Sticky at top " Known Technical Support Issues - [Updated June 21, 2020!]"

2 Likes

Guys, cmon.

There’s absolutely no excuse for this to be happening almost a YEAR later.

You guys are going to drop a season that people ready for D2 Remastered and D4 are going to play, they’re going to get 10-15 second freezes on supercomputers, and aren’t going to trust you guys to deliver a stable product. You GOTTA fix this.

Bumping it up again, Blizzard CS currently being highly unprofessional.

3 Likes

Changed my platform (cpu 10th gen+motherboard+ram) not so long ago and the freezes got longer, sometimes 10 sec, on my older build i got them like for 2-3 sec. More powerful PC and freezes got worse WTF ?! Blizzard i want to play this game. PLEASE fix this issue.

Any definitive solution? My game is freezing too… very boring…

Soon we will have a cake for this problem… almost 1 year… what a shame

4 Likes

I’m just preaching to the choir here since no one from Blizzard can be bothered to address this problem, but this is pathetic. Six months since the last blue post. This problem still exists in PTR 2.7. Windows 10 1909, the last version most people don’t seem to have this issue with, is end of support in May. The only reason my wife and I can still play this game is not thanks to anyone at Blizzard, but because of that wonderful person who posted the fmod workaround with the .bat file some time ago. The community figured out the issue, while the game’s creators seemingly ignore it.

Again, pathetic. I just had to vent.

6 Likes

New update out for 20h2 this morning, again game still freezes, a bit like the feedback on this post.

+1 for the FMOD fix. Here’s hoping Blizz gets around to giving us a permanent solution.

1 Like

+1 they just reply with an update

The fact that such a gamebreaking bug is still unfixed after a year is crazy to me. I generally play solo, so i got maybe 1 freeze every 3 GR or so. But after i went to test it out in GR 100 in 4 man party it really amazes me that people are still playing lol. Literally first pack of the GR i freeze 2x in a row for about 10 seconds or so.
Good luck to people playing hardcore.

6 Likes

So 2 weeks left of the season, still no update, new season starts soon and the patch notes for bug fixes from PTR only shows

Bug Fixes

• General: Updated text on Blackthorne’s Jousting Mail item descriptor
  • Demon Hunter: Fixed a bug where Hungering Arrow - Shatter Shot pierced more than intended.
  • Wizard: Fixed bug where the Firebird’s Finery 6-piece bonus was not interacting with Wave of Force - Heat Wave and the base Hydra’s attacks.
  • Wizard: Fixed a bug where the Deathwish damage bonus was not always applying correctly while Channeling.
  • Leaderboard: Fixed a bug where players could be placed on the “No Six Piece Set” Leaderboard when having a Class Set equipped.
  • Leaderboard: Fixed a bug that caused the bottom of the Leaderboard UI to be cut off.

I’m playing Cartel Tycoon - Pre Alpha and even that performs better then this game :frowning:

1 Like

Agree. I froze twice today.

1 Like

Just to tune in, I also freeze from last 2 patches.

Now playing without sound and using Starcraft II *.dll and game not freezing.

Would really like to get this issue patched/fixed.

1 Like

Swapping files is not a fix by any means, worst case they could put a tick box in game to ACTUALLY disable the sound engine, the option in game only mutes, so bug persists.

They need to update the fmod and move on, reading on fmod forums it does not appear to be to difficult to accomplish.

2 Likes

July 20th was our last blue response. Pretty sad. Still having random freezes.

1 Like