[Main Thread] Windows 19041 - Freezing for 5-10 seconds

I do realize that the Diablo 3 techs know about this issue but I have not seen a blue post since July 19th.
I have been using the fmodex64.dll work around since the middle of season 21 but it kind of sucks not having sound when playing the game!

I and many others here in this post would really appreciate it if there was a fresh blue post saying that you haven’t forgotten about us here.

4 Likes

Froze 3 times today, once in Public bounty run, twice in private GRs. Fellow clan member just lost his 4th HC DH this season, all of them to freeze up. Haven’t seen him online since the last one died.

Now what I’ve been experiencing continuously throughout the day are momentary hesitations in my strafing. My DH will be spinning, suddenly stop and then resume strafing. Though very short, the hesitations are noticeable and do affect gameplay. This happens with regular frequency, as often as 2 or 3 times a minute. More often, I have to re-press the mouse button to jolt it back into motion again.

Never experienced this before and I’ve played this build almost exclusively since it started.

Blizzard doesn’t give a damn to us D3 players, nothing is done, absolutely nothing. but the main thing is always a fresh season for such a crap but not have the time for a patch. The one with the Fmodex and Fmodex64.dll files is also just an emergency solution a friend of mine plays D3 on a private server and the community fixed it themselves and everything runs without what freezes or that you no longer exchange sound with the dll files Has. Blizzard you are really poor

2 Likes

The latest Blizzard post was in September, but that’s still months ago…

wow I have problems with freezing and lag in GR and normal rift. I dont know what too do too fix this problem. But plzz blizz fix the problem so I can play GR. and normal rift with out lag an frezz issues

1 Like

I’ve been lucky this Season 22 and have not experienced freezing in-game.

However, twice this Season, while playing on the Americas Region, I’ve had the game freeze on me when leaving the game and going to the Game Menu. The Menu animation continues, but the Start Game button, Game Settings button, and the Quick Join games available are grayed-out. See image below.

The only way I can correct this is to quit the game and relaunch. Once I do this I no longer have any issues… until the next time it happens. (Like I stated above, this is only the second time it’s happened to me this Season).

This issue is becoming a lot more annoying. I’ve been running Windows 10 2004 20H2 since May 2020. I started having this issue when the Nvidia RTX 30 series drivers were released. in Aug/Sept 2020. I also had other issues when Microsoft introduced HAGS.

1 Like

Happy new year bliz! Please prioritize this and get it fixed early 2021!
I want to play hardcore again!
Maybe make it a personal target of CEO otherwise no bonus :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Happy new Year : HC not possible with this kind of issue…

2021.01.02 19:49:52.315223100 FMOD Error sound not ready in 200ms
2021.01.02 19:49:55.617468400 FMOD Error sound not ready in 200ms
2021.01.02 19:49:58.683201700 FMOD Error sound not ready in 200ms

I have 3800 lvl on HC s22, I have been playing this game for 22 seasons always on hc, but what is happening this season just irritates me so much that I probably won’t start the next one - thanks to blizzard!

I am talking to technical support and they have no ideas anymore … I followed the replacement of the dll file and creating the bat file, the problem with the crash has practically disappeared, but the game throws me to the desktop during the game with an error message - this problem occurs daily 1-3x. I play a little more like you, sometimes even 5-10 hours a day and the problem occurs randomly, after 40 minutes, an hour or no time - it’s pure random.

I updated the BIOS, nvidia drivers, last season I didn’t have it or any other. I want to play and I have really cool characters for rank1 but I’m afraid to do anything to not lose my character …

BLIZZARD try your best at least once, the problem is not in the equipment … all friends from hc or streamers, youtubers have the same and all speak with one voice - the problem with throwing the game to windows entered this season.

It happens rarely, but it happens that the game stops responding and I have to close it from the task manager and restart it. I have verified RAM consumption and it is different … the problem occurs with over 5GB RAM but also with 2GB … I don’t know what else can be tested

2 Likes

did they fix the problem? yet cant push high keys always freezes when lots of mobs are on my screen

Problem is not fixed.

1 Like

Still getting random 5-10 seconds freezes and crashes to desktop… How the hell has this not been fixed yet lol??? Like I know it happens rarely so it may not be a big issue but its still annoying. Seriously whoever is in charge of the D3 team should be kicked and fired from his/her chair and title and get someone else in charge who actaully cares about the game.

5 Likes

Rarely? Like “once each 70+ GR” rarely? I’ve completely dropped HC chars until it’s fixed (and not through some hack - I do mean a real fix).

3 Likes

I believe I’m only seeing these issues during a GR run, most of the time im doing 4 man GR150s. I get those 5-10 sec freezes like once or twice each night I play, and crash to desktop like once every between 4-6 days. That’s rarely for me, it doesnt bother me too much.

Guess you play softcore then :innocent:

1 Like

I have not been playing much in public grifts this season, primarily due to the simple fact once you hit 100 or higher, the risk of 5 to 10 second gaps and the insta-death they cause are just too high. Not to mention that in 15 seconds the group is miles down the canyon and you are essentially out of the game until the boss dies.

I’ve had the delays occur in nearly every public grift I’ve run that was above 100. The length of the stall varies, shortest is a long stutter - longest was about 15 seconds, I was close to closing the game with Task Manager (Windows and mouse were responsive - but game was dead).

1 Like

Blizzard any news on this one? Or do we need to wait for Diablo 4?

1 Like

There is no new news … I died again yesterday - no longer counting the number of times, maybe 16, 17 times. I’m done playing this game because it doesn’t make sense. I speak to blizzard support, but they can’t help me. They send information about nvidia driver update 3 times … and make you wait for the problem to be fixed.

Dogram this season and it’s over, a few days ago I bought a COD clod war and now I play it.

Good luck … if they fix something, write, maybe I will program some records this season without fear that the game will throw me away

This worked for me for weeks and then suddenly stopped working. Every time I logged in using the .bat file it forced an update on me making the original fmodex64.dll reappear. If I try to rename it, put the new file in and remake the .bat file it just happens again.

Not sure if Blizzard changed something or if I’m just out of luck.