[Main Thread] Windows 19041 - Freezing for 5-10 seconds

Blizzard have had months to fix this and the requirement’s going to get a lot more urgent I feel, as the feature update to 2004 just turned up as non-optional tonight…
https://i.imgur.com/dU1667d.jpg

Let’s hope they fix it before Season 22 starts…

ya i don’t know why they don’t try to fix it after all these year’s , so many people are having this problem . Im starting to think they are just lazy and won’t do it and plus they keep saying post your logs over and over and it keeps coming back to the same problem .

Patch 2.6.10 is now live and we still have that:

|2020.11.11 10:50:12.468034100|I 07:50:12.466012 [BGS] |event=rich_presence_failure|key=id: 131407597, id: 5434817 program: 17459 region: 2|missing_presence_unique_id=0 (src\low\service\presence\rich_presence.cpp:156)|
|---|---|
|2020.11.11 10:50:19.809760300|[Telemetry] (TELE): Requested sending batch messages by multi-part http POST messages count 1|
|2020.11.11 10:51:37.409496600|FMOD Error sound not ready in 200ms|
|2020.11.11 10:51:40.534493200|FMOD Error sound not ready in 200ms|
|2020.11.11 10:51:43.675139300|FMOD Error sound not ready in 200ms|
|2020.11.11 10:51:43.714822100|I 07:51:43.706485 [BGS] |event=rich_presence_failure|key=id: 131407597, id: 903319370 program: 17459 region: 2|missing_presence_unique_id=0 (src\low\service\presence\rich_presence.cpp:156)|

Please fix this before S22 starts becouse each such freezing is RIP of hero in hardcore mode :frowning:

Yep, I had the 2004 update pushed out to me recently. I was hoping I would be able to postpone it once it was non-optional, but it went through on its own before I caught it.

I don’t have the audio/freezing issues people are reporting here, but I did have some weird framerate issues.

Might be a bit off-topic given the scope of this thread I suppose, but anyway.

Previously, I would cap D3 at 60 fps in game but leave v-sync off. After the 2004 update, I would only get 32-33 fps (reported from in-game fps counter) with my usual settings (i.e. foreground fps capped at 60 in game), but then strangely ~47 fps if I had foreground fps capped at 61 in game, and 60+ fps if I had foreground fps capped at 65+, and my usual 120ish fps with uncapped fps in game. Very odd.

After trying a few things, I eventually got my fps to stabilize at 60 by uncapping fps within D3 and enabling v-sync for D3 in the Nvidia control panel. I tried just enabling v-sync within D3 but that didn’t work the way I wanted it to, it didn’t lock me at 60.

2009/20H2 is out now as well. Probably going to find more people pushed to 2004 at least now its been superseeded.

just take the fmodex.dll and fmodex64.dll from Star Craft 2 and after starting the launcher replace them and copy them into the installation directory of Diablo 3. Unfortunately, you have to do this every time you start the launcher, but the game doesn’t freeze anymore. The disadvantage is you have no sound in the game, everything else works but without problems.

1 Like

Come on! This blue post was 4 months ago and in Season 22 we will still have to play with no sound!

3 Likes

Just happened to me while trying to level some gems. Thankfully I wasn’t on HC.

Screen freezes for 5-10 seconds, completely unresponsive. Happened several times in 1 minute. When it unfroze = dead.

It can happen anywhere. Rifting, grifting, running bounties, contemplating your navel in town.

Only thing you can do in game is hit escape real quick then let the game respond. When it comes back you will be paused. Works most of the time.

I’ve lost at least 7 toons to this since the start of last season, and I’ve hit pause very quickly each time. It easily takes more than a second for the game to respond enough to show that your paused. I’ve waited several minutes for the game to “catch up” and without fail when I tried to resume, my cheat death was proc’d. I’ve hit pause again and only once did I survive.

This makes HC unplayable.

I am torn up about the start of next season because I can compete for top 100 on HC leaderboards, and that is my favorite play style. The regular game is just practice mode. Still…

This makes HC unplayable.

My d3degug.txt has never showed an issue with anything.

Same thing happening to me.Game just stop for 5-10 seconds then resumes. Its always in a fight. Last night it errored out of game and gave a box to fillout and its sends to blizz it said. I read a few other posts here and i disabled ingame sound and still does it every gr. Never happened till i upgraded to win 10. Actually i think this started last season with that patch( season 21)

I have the same problem, it’s just drives me mad, I cant play HC anymore, cuz this freezes can happen any time :((( I have Windows 10 version 20H2

I also have occasional freezes in playing GRs, very very annoying. No problems in other games, just D3 is a huge problem…Blizzard when do you start doing something about that? Planned a fix for this century?

Sad to say this is a game made for WIN7 and never gonna be fully compatible with WIN10. Cause probadbly Blizz wil have to rebuid it for a new OS from scratch, and D4 is main focus of devs right now.

bump, fix please. playing with no sound is ruining my experience.

Shouldn’t be hard for bliz to replicate as it happens ALL THE FRICKIN’ TIME

2 Likes

I was getting a crazy framerate issue to in season 21. That patch is when my issues started. And now its frame freeze up. And the sound goes like a echo chamber.

Hopefully issue is solved. Upgraded to win 10-20h2 it was already waiting for me.
graphic card is gtx 970 and had driver 456.71 driver. Went to utube and watched a few vids on it and seen it has freeze issues. Went to nvidia site and dloaded
457.30 driver and just did 3 grs with no issues . I will post if anything changes.
All sounds are working. I cant disable sound cuz i have a expensive music program i use everyday. I was starting to get suspicious of the ASIO sound drivers it uses

I had 20H2 and I got my first heavy freeze after 4 days of playin. Yesterday I’ve downloaded Win 10 ver 1909, played some time yesterday so far so good. 20H2 is not the way to fix freezes, but maybe you get lucky and wont have any problems!

My driver is the 457.30 and still freezing on it.
Less than with the old driver, but still freezing

The guy on utube said to use really old driver like 431 but i didnt see it there so i used the newest . havnt tried multiplayer yet and thats when i had the most freezes so i cant say its fixed yet.

update : I played hard and heavy today trying for a freeze,multi,sole ,speeds and still no freeze. but i forgot to mention also i turned all apps off running in the background maybe that was it. also reset nevidia control panels back to default

update 11/19 starting freezing again in 2 player also noticed a frame rate going up and down. I have a very good internet connection so its not lag.

update 11/28 its happening a lot now. I give up. Please fix blizz.