Magic Missiles need a buff for DMO set

That way we can play it with DMO set. And with Magic Missile as a main damage dealer. Otherwise, the only viable option for DMO is Frozen Orb and it gets boring really fast.

I tried T16 with DMO magic missile. It can kill but it’s lacking damage.

I suggest you add more multipliers to Magic Missiles.

Currently, the only items that benefit magic missiles are:

1. Fragment of Destiny (wand) - it makes magic missile deal triple damage. I suggest you change triple damage to 800-900% more damage.

2. The Shame of Delsere (belt) - signature spells attack 50% faster and restore 12 arcane power. I suggest you add “signature spells attack 50% faster and deal 3x more damage”.

That should make DMO magic missiles viable for GR 90-100 (which is still sub par, but at least you can farm gear with it).

PS:

Future update, you can add items (probably an offhand) that make magic missiles explode on impact, dealing more damage. Give it some nice visuals.

The reason being, DMO magic missiles probably won’t be viable without the seasonal sanctified power. It need something new to make it viable to carry on with DMO for the future.

2 Likes

Not just MM but Electrocute needs more damage multipliers and needs to be supported by the DMO 6pc and the Electrocute support items needs a damage buff on them too.

Only problem with Electrocute is that with Crown of Primus being required now to keep the DMO DR constantly active (needed for ranged builds), there’s no room for Velvet Camaral AND Depth Diggers in a DMO build.

It’s not required for DR. You get the DMO DR as long as you have a bubble up somewhere. No need to be standing in it. It’s been that way for 6 years (since 2.4.1). It’s only party members that have to be standing in a bubble to get DR.

Hmmm, looks like I misread the PTR notes… thought they changed it so that we get the DR when we’re in a slow time (and thus why Crown of Primus added a permanent slow time). Guess there’s no real need for Primus then.

All for build diversity, but with so many skills DMO has to choose from why magic missile as main damage dealer? They were pretty against this years ago, they wanted us to cast it in conjunction with Arcane Orb (hence the current Trimuvirate).

That being said LoD / FB should see MM viable as those sets/NS do not have a major dedicated arcane spender for dealing damage.

So Magic missiles need a buff period, but DMO shouldn’t be the focus of the buff.

I found if you use oculus, dmo mm is viable for 100… but past say 110 not a chance in hell…

The perm slow time helm, doesn’t really work… If you have it on the bar, you only get the rune selected, you don’t get any DMO ‘while in slow time bubble’ buffs. Dmg buff in the perm slow time works tho. If you don’t have slow time on the bar, you get some of the positive buffs from the runes like increased atk speed constantly… but you have no bubble at all 0.0 Just the buffs

Gotta say it’s the signature spells that need a higher multiplier, you’re getting about 30b crit MAX with full primal, best stats, 60% fire, 600ish paragon… On trash or elites, now when it’s a boss? They boss just melts thanks to the extra 15% from stricken, which shows the difference even 15% can make… Though all 20 shots are hitting a single target with the extra damage… but still.

Gotta agree with the item suggestions, I might even add the condition ‘while at full arcane receive x% bonus to signature spells’.

Dev’s will likely be concerned about buffing the firebirds version too much and they are right… the firebirds will have 2 sources of real dmg the set and the MM… one fix would be ‘applies to non-signature and non-channelling spells’? Which would instantly nuke that build out of existence and make it a LoD or DMO build…

Edit: Gonna try a LoD version, builder says it should work and might be better than firebirds - planner I’m gonna use is - d3.maxroll.gg/d3planner/817857950

Can confirm LoD MM is actually worse than DMO, it’s the multipliers available to MM that’s the issue. Tho will say less lag with LoD, but when you only do 30-90bil dmg per hit… Good luck clearing a 100. Have tried it on both LoD and DMO, like MasterJay says MM is the issue, not DMO else the arcane orb build would be having the same issues

1 Like