MacOS Catalina - will Blizzard be updating D3

I would just like to know if Blizzard intends to update Diablo 3 to 64 bit so that it will work with the new MacOS Catalina.

Does anybody know?

Howdy!

Diablo III works on the latest version of Mac Catalina. I would recommend to try the following steps:

1. Goto the Blizzard app -> Diablo III tab -> Options -> Game Settings -> Locate the Diablo III section make sure Additional command line arguments is unchecked and select the Reset In-Game Options button.

Retest. If the game doesn’t work. Return to the Diablo III tab -> Check for Updates the latest version should be: 2.6.6.62433 if you are using a different version and it’s not updating. Try reinstalling the game.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Diablo 3 is, and has been, 64-bit for some time now. There is no 32-bit client for OS X anymore. That’s gone. The only issues so far are with installation on Catalina, and usually only with the Battle.net app itself.

Exactly what issues are you having currently? There’s nothing in your post that epxlains any of what you might have happening to you currently, and as such, nothing we can use to diagnose and (hopefully) fix for you.

As yet, I am not having any issues. When I use the system report, I found that Diablo III was listed as 32 bit. That was after I sorted by yes or no for 64 bit. Then stupidly, I looked at only the 32 bit apps and saw Diablo III listed there. I just looked again and see Diablo III listed twice, one as 32 and the other as 64. The 32 bit has an older date. You many not have encouraged this directly, but thank you for causing me to look at the system report again.