Low fps for no apparent reason?

I don’t know if this is the correct chategory in which I should write this topic so apologies in advance.
I started playing again diablo 3 again two days ago because I was interested in the content of the new season. Since then, my pc can’t run the game as smoothly as before the last patch (before season 24 I always had 60 fps, now the game always has 30/40 fps at best).
I tried everything, to solve this problem: run the game as an administrator, play the game without any application opened other than diablo 3, I disabled windows firewall, I unistalled and installed again the game, put all the graphical settings on low… Nothing, the problem persists.
So I came to the conclusion that this a compatibility problem, for 2 different reasons:

1. My pc is not the best gaming pc atm but it has good components (nvidia gtx 1060, i7 6700k and 16 gb of ram), so it does fit in the minimum requirements to run diablo 3;
  2. I also have a notebook which has worse components than my desktop but it runs diablo 3 at 60 fps without any problems.
    I wanted to make sure that I’m not the only one to have this kind of problem and if there’s someone who knows how to solve this