Low DPS at LV 70

Not sure why this is happening but, as title says I’m experiencing excruciatingly low DPS on my necro at 70. I’m running INT boosting gems and I’m running 4 of the 6 pieces of the seasonal set. Despite this I can barely scratch Master level enemies.

In most all class sets you’ll need 6 pieces to do significant damage.

1 Like

You can get the 6 piece bonus by using the Ring of Royal Grandeur (found in act 1 bounty caches) and 5 pieces of a set. Also, you should look for gear that significantly boosts the damage of specific skills and use those skills in your setup.

But as Huert said, you are going to struggle until you get the 6 piece bonus.

Since the site’s profile feature is down, it’s hard to judge your character. What skills are you using? What weapon? Do you have any useful powers in the cube? Pestilence 2 piece provides free corpse lances when devouring corpses so you should focus on generating corpses via Land of the Dead, Flesh Golem, Devour Ruthless with Gift of Death (with Circle of Nailuj Evol you get unlimited free lances 2 at a time with no cool down in the build).

Import their hero into www.d3planner.com and take a look…

https://www.d3planner.com/526122166

Weapon - roll a socket onto it, put an emerald into it
Helm - roll death nova damage into 6% CHC
Chest - roll corpse lance into 3 sockets, put topazes into them
Amulet - roll life regen into 10% CHC

I checked Icy Veins but I have a new problem: I’ve never heard of half this gear. And these builds talk like all I have to do is waltz into the game and find it laying around. Where do I get this stuff? And how could I have the time to just HOPE it drops?

Looking at the d3planner link from Meteorblade (thanks), I see a few glaring problems. Since you have the cube, you should upgrade rare 2 handed Scythes and 1 handed Scythes. The best for your current situation would probably be Scythe of the Cycle and Nayr’s Black Death. Both of those would greatly buff your Bone Spear damage and easily allow you to get into Torment level rifts. There are only 4 available scythes in both the one and two handed pool. All 4 2 handers are powerful in their own way but Reilana’s Shadowhook and Nayr’s Black Death are the easiest to use (and you’re already set up for Nayr’s). The only BAD one hander is a Funerary Pick (instant salvage), but Trag 'Oul’s Corroded Fang and Scythe of the Cycle are good and since you’re using Bone Spear and Bone Armor, Scythe of the Cycle is a natural fit.

Once you get that sorted out and can handle mid level Torment runs and get your 6 piece up and running, then I’d recommend trying Lord Fluffy’s Blood and Essence Necro build. He is a YouTuber with excellent guides for the Necro class. That build is probably the strongest Pestilence build available once you get the right gear and the correct rolls on it (LOTS of cool down rolls needed). Eventually you’ll probably move into a Legacy of Dreams build but a good Pestilence build is still viable for completing the season journey.

Good luck to you.

@Khord-1419: I’ll try that. Thank you for all the help. That SHOULD solve my problem but I’ll post again if I need anything else.

@All: Thank you all for being so helpful and, in my personal case, patient with my problem.

Good Luck, and remember: “The last shadow anyone suspects is their own”