Lost my most geared toon in the dumbest way just now

So I had apparently ported to a location for bounties when I heard what sounded like someone coming through our front door so I went to investigate afraid something bad might be happening. Turns out it was just the neighbor across the hall’s door slamming really loud. So I come back to my computer and to your character has died. Welp after 9+ years it’s been fun playing this game, but because I just lost my most geared (by a pretty big gap) character, I guess I’m calling it quits. Now I know why I should have invested in my normal difficulty toons instead of switching to hardcore. Had only lost the barb before that on my way up to 70 on all my alts. To lose my DH who was full geared out in Natalya’s/Marauders and doing Grift 70 at paragon 1005 is just too much.

You still have paragon and knowledge of the game. Using your knowledge of the game should be much easier.

Take a break hope you return soon.

I have also ever lost a toon with prized gear due to dozing off. Pains but knowing the community brought me back.

1 Like

RIP :vulcan_salute:

Don’t be discouraged. You still have your paragon and Kanai Cube loadout. As Airintake said, just take a break until the frustration ends.

Grab a Gem of Ease, level it as high as you can quickly, throw it a level 70 2H weapon and powerlevel yourself.

Or you could always just ask nicely for someone to help you get back on your feet. The HC community is great like that from my experience.

As a hardcore player, hopefully you kept a lesser copy of your build, if not it doesn’t matter, you can get a crappy version going quite easily losing about half your power from your original.

Unfortunately it happens. Sometimes from something stupid, sometimes from dc’s, and sometimes its glorious while your trying to get a PB.

Its what makes Hardcore, Hardcore.

If it’s really that bad and your done, SC is still fun and you never have to worry about this ever again, while you laugh at how OP you can make yourself.

2 Likes

Most six-piece Sets are capable of Greater Rift (GR) 70, with or without accoutrements (:bow_and_arrow::shield:) and augments (:gem:). And at paragon level 1000, I would have expected your other Hardcore heroes to be equipped with more suitable items, unless you choose to exclusively play at low difficulty levels, like Torment 13 Rifts or GR 70.

But, as a veteran Hardcore player, I totally understand the (temporary) devastating sense of loss one feels when a player sees all of their time and effort be squandered. And, sometimes it is just too much to ask of a player for them to move on.

Personally, what I find to be helpful in a situation like this, is to select a totally different character class, one that has a totally different feel and play style than the hero you previously lost. Moreover, you can create a Seasonal (:leaves:) hero for easy access to a six-piece Set. After all, whatever amount of time you spent on your Demon Hunter (DH) will be inconsequential, and whatever items you have acquired on your DH will be obsolete, once you decide to play a new Season or character class, regardless of whether your DH is dead or alive. Remember: The point of the game is to have fun!

RIP. :bouquet: :coffin:

How do you not have backup sets at 1000pg I’m only 600 but have 2 full backup sets that could do gr90+

Diablo III closed beta was in early September 2011.
Diablo III open beta was in mid September 2011.
Diablo III was released to live on 15th May 2012.
So, no, you haven’t been playing it for 9+ years.

I got almost 800 paragon in HC last season, with just 100 hours of play.
How did you only get 1005 after years?

1 Like

I will happily power level you if you decide to come back.

My most annoying HC death was due to my ISP kicking me off so I could log in again. It didn’t do this when I was town, it was right when I started a 4 man rift. If it had happened to my Invoksader, he probably would have lived. Sadly it was my janky homebrewed LoN Wiz build that I created. She required constant attention in order to survive the horrors of Sanctuary. May she rest in piece.

Was it the front door or was your cat on fire and you had to put it out? All you had to do was hit esc to pause the game. Troll post is troll.

My best gear DH that cleared GR 102 ripped to a disconnect yesterday.

I must say playing the game for so many years, I have stashed if possible 2 sets of backup gear, for myself and the follower.

I did not expect a disconnect while doing a bounty helping out fellow hardcore player, but it happened.

The last time I took a longer break. This time I am back in the game to try to enjoy the grinding of levelling gems and augmenting ancient gear.

I will never play hardcore.

OMG blizzard. You said you would stop having elites right at the door when you enter a new level. Not to mention your latency issues which cost several toons. Its not my providers download or upload speeds . If you say your going to do something , do it.