Losing the battle for your own IP

Balancing symmetrical numbers is hard though. Could you imagine if sets had 1021% damage increase?

Side note: I really hope numbers stay in check in D4.

Not easy in an absolute sense, but easier than balancing non-number based combat options.

Yes. That is a foundation for any balancing.

usually people who exclusively play poe lmao.

if you ever explain what an aarpg is to someone whos never been into the genre they would most likely be like, “what like a diablo kinda game?”

anyone who tries to defend a game will ever only do it with fanboy googles on tight.

1. I havent played PoE in over a year, got burned out and bored by it
  2. Its owners 10 Cent really worries me
  3. I laughed when they announced PoE mobile
  4. I hate the speed meta
  5. They keep inventing new currencies and I suspect its to sell more stash tabs to house them. Effectively creating a problem and selling you the solution

Anything else, or was ‘fanboy goggles lmao’ your best shot

I burn out on POE but i come back …
I also burn out on diablo and mostly come back.

But the burn out reasons are polar opposites.
In poe im gong to burn out cause i like to min max a character and the mean s to do that in POE can really burn you out with the combination of crafting and needed farmed items … i play SSF.

But in Diablo I burn out from boredom!
and that is not good…

When I refuse to do another trivial bounty cause they suck so bad !
I’m not going to speed run another trivial low level rift 40 times so I can add 500 main stat to an item.

Then I fail anyway to clear the GR because i didn’t pick the “Right” class and weapon options, like everybody else.

Why go anyplace in diablo ? all the loot is in town!
I got my 6 set in town .
I got my primal weapons in town.
all of my upgrades are from in town.

That type of game is dead.
I stand by my first post.

Do better

The diablo franchise would do better to blatantly rip off the ideas of other games and then present them better with awesome cut scenes and have a smoother more polished combat system, kina like … WoW for instance… that worked out well !

1 Like

I only got one of my primals from in town. I don’t play the cube game and neither does anyone else, that’s optional. I also don’t just play one character, I play multiple.

Then you don’t know how to play

The no1 upgrade path in this game is Bounties…
and id wager 80% of all worn loot in Diablo came from Season Reward,Kadala or the Cube.

Forget Easy to Play Difficult to master, just run a bot and get uber faster!

1 Like

I can play just fine and ranked decently on the Lb’s. I just chose to play another way which is killing mobs for loot most of the time and not do bounties to upgrade. D3 has its flaws and too much power creep with too big of numbers…but there is still other ways to play besides meta and bounties. If one can’t do this, they obviously “don’t know how to play”.

You sounded like you did not think town was the loot piñata that it is.
You can try to make Diablo deeper by not using the game mechanics … but then … what are you playing ? Self imposed rules are fine but it doesnt change the fact that the most Epic adventures happen in town.

Im sitting here thinking to myself…

You could take out Hadrig he is really just a loot janitor.
You don’t need any merchants in town.

All you “Need” to win is the cube, Kadala, The reroll woman…forget her name.
that’s it .

Danm it now i just worked myself up thinking about it.

You could have a black screen … with just the rift portal pylon, the cube Kadala, your stash, Boom Endgame done.

1 Like

Oh no, you can get full set of primals from the cube. One of my clan mates has done this all but a FoT. I won’t argue at all about how the cookie cutter play style is…the cube game.

D2 actually started to turn into a cube game as well before I quit playing. Those that remained were all about rares and awesome crafted gear with FHR, FCR, and strength.

I’m just saying there is the option to play mostly or all found loot from mobs. Most don’t and won’t…but they can. I do “mostly”.

I have been trying to express what i think the diablo team should try.
Im not just a POE fanboy … i been playing Diablo since the 90’s.

Im just tired of trying, once i would have been more sugar, im just done.
Make the game the way fans have been telling you you should or just produce a beautiful cutscene flop…

man, you seem pretty invested lol good luck with that.

I was pissed I was being seen as a POE fanboy here to slag Blizzard … Im not, im a fan trying to speak sense to a game developer who is loosing connection to it’s fans

1 Like

Dude, the old Blizzard is dead. I am a loooong time fan too (original Diablo, The lost Vikings 2 and Warcraft 2 were my first games by them). The old Blizzard people don’t exist anymore in this company and the newer ones do not operate in the same manner, you are wasting your time, they have other priorities. The no1 priority for nu-Blizzard is moneytization and steady flow of income, that is what they need first and foremost, the implement a new way to get money and then they design a video game around it. LOL. I don’t have high hopes for Diablo IV and i am keeping a “wait and see” approach, definitely not pre-ordering (it took years for me to jump to D3 too as well, for good reason). From what i am seeing they are just making a D3 with darker graphics and more mmorpgied, i wouldn’t be surprised if it required a monthly subscription too.

Well me personally, besides just being a diablo fan for over 20 years, I’m also still a fan of diablo and find it more pleasurable to play than others that have tried to use many of Diablo’s fan favorites and make a different game.

I haven’t and don’t call out “fan boys” as I personally don’t know anyone here (or do I???:thinking:) therefor have no clue what their agenda is. I always say to each their own and I believe in this. I know there are tons of players out there that like diablo for diablo and would not like them to try and copy another games terms or mechanics for a new Diablo.

Invested in what? PoE? After I slammed it harder than anyone else in this thread?

Why do I always get the nutters

you legit took it into your own hands to being hyper defensive and offended that i mentioned poe. thats on you. no ones “nutters” here. just you bud. im not going to present further than someone proving my point even if youre for or against poe. i jsut said those that love whatever game it may be will always champion the game they like even if its not good or its niche and you took it into your own hands to bash it. your choice.

“its” for possession and “it’s” for it is. its fans

This could be a blessing. They would have to make a game people want to play.

You know, I used to think the same thing. Then I got tired of the thousands of bots on D2 so I tried out PoE again. Also, I found out I can use up to 12 skills (instead of just 6 they show on skill bar1) on PoE and bind em like I do my D2 skills. Also, the resource is filled up simply by a flask instead of an awful resource skill. I’m starting to picture myself no longer playing Diablo in the future if D4 can’t compete for me with PoE2, more D3 won’t do for me.

Can you imagine if Blizz had released D3 as a game that was more like D2? PoE wouldn’t stand a chance. Now PoE not only has a foot in the door but they have the most active players and appear to have figured out how to monetize the game better than Blizz has. PoE’s secret? They basically made a game that tried to be a D2 sequel.

The name Diablo (and Blizz) are still valuable to very valuable so Blizz will get at least one more shot to right the ship (or maybe they are blind to the red flags cause they think sales of D3 went well, I’d argue to look at the current popularity. Less players than 20 yo D2 and well behind PoE? Please go back to the office and give us a different product.).

You found a game that you like and that’s awesome. I personally don’t like how PoE does the thousands of different items that are only used for currency or skill stuff that’s put into item? I didn’t get very far on PoE before I didn’t like how that game worked.

To each their own. I also don’t need 12 skills to use for a mob fight…didn’t need 12 skills in D2 either. A lot of builds on D2 I used less hot keys for than in D3. From a zon that I just spammed multi shot and guided arrow to ww barb to hammerdin…very very few hot keys needed.

MMO like WoW has tons of hotkeys. When I did play WoW long ago, I played a warlock that I had 12 skills I had to cast at certain times during a bigger fight and raids…never had to on diablo and I’m fine never having to in the future.

You know why I did that? Because you quoted what I said and inferred I exclusively play PoE. Then you said anyone who defends a game only does it because they’re a fanboy. And you were wrong on both counts, hence my post.

Thats not being hyper defensive nor offended. Thats correcting false assumptions.