Looking for a "lazy" build

I’ve recently come back and have been using the WW Barb to do some speed farming GRs to level gems and whatnot.

I was wondering if there was a Necro build just as fast/lazy for the same purpose? I don’t really want to push the boards or anything, just something I can chill with while watching TV shows or something.

The Master of Pestilence can be somewhat lazy but it does require a fair chunk of cooldown reduction to get Land of the Dead recycled. Most every Necro build I have tried has been rather active in that you need to use several skills in rotation for effectiveness even if you are using auras like the Curse one and the Corpse Eating one (I do not recall their names offhand.)

I wish the LoD death’s bargain and related items worked well… it does to about Torment VI.

It’s old, lazy and not particularly powerful but…

Pop Bone Armour next to some mobs to get protection stacks, curses are in aura versions (so you don’t have to cast them), the blind from the helm procs Krysbin’s, and you walk around with the bone armour killing trash, and you use the Siphon Blood to proc Blood Nova for elites / big packs / boss.

1 Like

Thank you, sir!

Last time I really played my Necro, I think I used the “anti carpal tunnel” build; if I remember correctly, you pretty much just had to pop Devour or something and run into mobs.

So when you say not very powerful, is it capable of doing like 110-115s relatively smoothly? I’m still low Paragon, but I have been clearing about 109s in 5ish minutes on my Rend barb.

The Necro I linked could probably do 100s, but I have no idea if it could do 110-115. Even if it could, it wouldn’t do them quickly. Whilst it’s fine clearing lots of trash, the build really struggles on single-target fights so if you get unlucky with the Guardian, it’ll take ages. It was purely, as you asked for, a lazy build that doesn’t need button-mashing. If you’re farming 5 minute GR109s on your Barb, stick to your Barb.

1 Like

Thanks again for your help!

I probably will stick to the Barb; I was just seeing if there was a Necro-equivalent to break up the monotony a bit.