Lookin for tips on my Firebird Distintergrate build

Looking for tips about items, skills and play styles for my Wizard. I do gr 75s in 2 or 3 minutes pretty well only getting hurt by certain mob types. Haven’t tested too much higher than 95 which took like 6 or 7 minutes I can’t recall. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

You’re using a different build that I don’t know. By chance I just saw a video by Rob2628

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDfk9hArFXI

(Don’t wanna post a direct link). He uses Focus Restraint and Squirts. You can see the setup if you click “show more” and you’ll get a link to Maxroll.
With the gear you have now you probably need a Topaz in helmet to be able to channel disintegrate.

You seem to be missing Arcane Power On Crit, which usually comes only from Source. Try to find / reforge another, possibly without Vit / % Life Bonus. This is a crucial attribute for MirrorBird.

Edit: oh, and your amulet doesn’t make much sense. I understand it’s simply the best one you have, but Squirt’s would do better, esp. if you build enough shields.

I’d like to use Squirts but then I’d be really too squishy which I already am right now… that’s why I’m asking for help, I’m not too concerned about my damage as that’s more straight forward to increase but the toughness on the other hand is a little more cloudy for me.

For what reason are you using Fragment of Destiny in the cube? Thing is, the Mirrorbird build does not really benefit from it. Unless your wizard is attacking with Spectral Blades to gain Stricken Stacks - and I can see you are not… on your paragon level you should consider using Orb of Infinite Depth in the cube. It will increase your damage but the important part is that you gain 80% DR from this, making Squirt a viable option.

Squirt aside, you could also ditch Focus/Restraint and equip Compass Rose to gain the EW set bonus. Pair it with CoE or go for DR overkill and use Squirts+CoE+Halo of Karini.

Trust me, doing either will improve things for you significantly. Even ORotZ is an option, it would allow you to more or less spam Explosive Blast and help resetting Mirror Image cooldown.

Lol I had the fragment on cuz I ran out of aracane too quickly and needed to attack faster for more mana regen but then I got a new source with arcane on crit and forgot to change it. I’m having a hard time finding a decent compass rose I can use to switch out. When I had orb of infitite depth I found I was running out of arcane again too quickly to sustain my disintegrate hence why i switched to the frag. Now that I have the arcane on crit I’ll have to try to orb cubed and see how it goes. Hopefully when I get some augments it’ll help me too which is something I’m working on.

A good Compass Rose is hard to come by but even a mediocre one will help you along, and then a CoE in the other slot. If you (mostly) move by teleporting (by holding down force stand still and then press teleport in the direction of your cursor) you’ll be at 100% extra damage in your fights.

The problem with F+R rings is that you have to break your channelling at least every 5 seconds and cast generators to get the full bonus (unless Explosive Blast counts as one? Not sure, tbh). Even a rubbish Compass Rose will have better effect overall. Add CoE to the equation, and you are covered in terms of damage. Yes, monitoring CoE cycles is a hassle, no argument here, but focusing Images around Fire phase will make wonders, you will see.

Another things you can try:

• Switch the Diamond in the helm for Topaz, it will reduce the pressure of your AP spending and (through Crimson) increase your defence a bit, as well;
  • Consider switching Templar for Enchantress, as she has extra cooldown skill, which will help mitigate the removal of Diamond from the helm.
  • Replacing one of your passives with Galvanising Ward (I’d start with Unwavering Will probably) if defence is still an issue.