Look What You've Done 😠

Thank you for your answer, it is nice to discuss things with people who are constructive and interested in different opinions. The first reason which makes me come back for each season is that I enjoy starting fresh, from scratch. I enjoy finding again my first legendary, then my first ancient item, and later my first primal. I enjoy getting achievements again, getting new cosmetics, and competing in the leaderboards again. The second reason is my clan and my friends. At the start of each season we are happy to meet again and share the excitement of leveling up together again - it is similar but different each time. I also like to try different classes and different builds in each season, depending on the new patches and the different season themes. I can understand that for some people it might feel aways the same and therefore boring. But I just love it, which is why I have now over 5,400 hours of play in D3, in spite of having a wife and two kids (scary, I know :slight_smile:)

Just for those who come to regret the time they spent in D2, you can say it wasn’t as fun for them as they thought it was, in all fairness. It’s fine to speculate “D2 could have been fun if only X, Y, or Z”, and we can see if X, Y, or Z interferes with those players who never had major issues with any Diablo. (Most of them?)

Unlimited trading should be reinstated in D3.

The issue was the real money auction house for many people.
The real money one and gold one also influenced drop chances in the game, that was horrific.

I don’t care about people spending real money / game gold to get their equipment. That has no effect on me having fun playing the game.
I wouldn’t spent real money myself.

If it weren’t for its effects on drop rates / chances, the gold ah, would have been a good thing even.

Not that we’d need such a thing now with all the additions to the game.
Pretty easy now to obtain the items you need. Kadala, the cube, enchanting.
Playing the high gr levels.

People freely trading items, fine by me as well. We should be able to trade items and commodities. Even crafted and enchanted stuff.

However, trading in any way having a negative effect on my chances of getting something good , then yes, I would consider that a problem.

:kissing_heart:

Trading leads to botters.
Botters lead to scammers.
Scammers lead to suffering.

4 Likes

Ok, totally makes sense.

Firm grasp on logic.

You just proved that it doesn’t matter if trading exists or not, there will be bots. Contrary to the point you’re trying to make. Whenever I read your list and see “Fact” I like to think of it as being done in a Dwight Schrute voice :smiley:

Not wanting trading doesn’t have much to do with wanting to stop bots. Stopping bots is Blizzard’s job.

3 Likes

they’ve confirmed trading. don’t worry.

Always happy to have civil discussions! I totally understand the joy of starting over. It blows my mind how many times I have started over in Diablo 2 and still have the urge to do so. While I have put way more hours into Diablo 2 than Diablo 3, and prefer that game, part of me thinks about starting over in Diablo 3 and is excited by that. I think the game has its strengths, most of which is the combat, though in the end I have a hard time sticking with it long after being a 70. I guess it really depends what you enjoy about each game and what is most important to you. For me, Diablo 2 has brought me back over and over for thousands of hours (I assume…no idea the count at this point), though I have also sunk hundreds into Diablo 3, if you add all the time I put in since launch. To me, if Blizzard sticks to their thought of D1’s presentation, D2’s loot chase, and D3’s combat, then we are in for a great game that will be played for years to come.

1 Like

Sure, you dictate what I want for a game and what’s funny lol

No.

Open trading is a must in a game like this. Just make a solo self found league apart for these anti-fun guys and we all get what we want: you can play ssf and the mayority can trade and have fun.

Maybe every character can start with a “true solo” flag on (but call it something less tacky?), so instead of separate leagues, characters can permanently abandon “true solo” as they will.

Solo and non-trade has nothing to do with each other.

while d3 will never be remembered as crazy good it’s something far far away from the trade simulator that’s poe in general.

Without an auction house, if you only play solo, who are you going to trade with?

You shouldn’t have to play solo to avoid trading. So an SSF mode is not the answer.

If there are a trade-mode and a non-trade mode with different droprate balances, both should be solo and multiplayer.

As for how you trade solo, the amount of player interaction in PoE trading is pretty close to being an auction house.

Really, When D2 was in its prime, I couldnt get a Windforce to drop, It took me 2 or 3 weeks to farm 40 Soj’s to TRADE for it. it was actually satisfying cuz i was still loot hunting.

Actually, the game is about defeating diablo… finding items just comes along with it. You can still defeat diablo even without finding rare items. You only look cool if you defeated diablo with rare items.

1 Like

Maybe Blizzard to rename “diablo” title to “Rare Item” for real.

Yea, D2’s massive loot table spiced it up majorly but it was never meant to be a crutch. D3V and no other Diablo was decidedly “all about the loot”.

You are so living in denial…