Look What You've Done šŸ˜ 

Supply and demand.

I really donā€™t see the issue here. Why should you be able to trade an item you donā€™t want to an item you want, giving you much easier access to said item. Just find it yourself tbh.

2 Likes

I want trading back so I can type that credit card info in lickity split and have the best geared character on the realm in 5 minutes instead of months of play. I work a lot, so this is ideal for me in order to flex on some high school kids.

1 Like

Sounds like sarcasm, but this is exactly the reason why there should not be trading. If one is too busy to play the game, then maybe one shouldnā€™t be playing the game.

2 Likes

Then go back to it and stay there.

1 Like

And it doesnā€™t stop D3 trolls from posting personal attacks at D2 players asking for D2 features.

1 Like

:+1: :+1: :+1: :smiley:

3 Likes

lol, donā€™t think I have had any personal attacks in these forums outside what comes from D2 players who think their opinions about Diablo are universal truths to what is fun or not. In any discussion if one part say something is a universal truth then he/she is also saying that anyone contradicting it is stupid AF.

This thread is one of many examples:

2 Likes

How about the post that precedes my quoted post? Or one of the earlier posts in this thread that came out calling me a whiny baby? Or the several posts littered around the forum that call me a troll?

Thatā€™s true though, itā€™s probably only d2 fans that are toxic cause they are innately different kinds of humans :laughing:

Iā€™ve dealt with plenty of toxic D3 posters on this forum, itā€™s not exclusive to one side.

Iā€™m not gonna claim which side started this, though I have my suspicions. Itā€™s not cool to be called whiney for your opinions, just donā€™t think for a second that it only goes one way.

1 Like

It has nothing to do with being different and special, it has to do with basic human psychology.

Itā€™s easier to pull this illusion off as a veteran (D2 player) than as a noob (D3 player), because it is in human psychology that old people knows best due to being in the game longer, even though in reality a big part of the D3 crowd were once D2 players as well.

1 Like

Survival of the fittest, if they are old, competent and healthy then itā€™s a bit impressive and people want to know whatā€™s going on. A lot of silver foxes on the streets of Azeroth.

@strolin: I see you are holding on to your illusions. That is okay, but donā€™t whine when people are stepping back on you, that too is a part of human psychology, balance.

2 Likes

I see that there are more D2 players playing D2 on pc than players playing D3 on pc so that is enough for me to be immune to burns. Must not have taken all of the D2 crowd or the D3 crowd joined D2.

Lol thatā€™s what Tangerine Man sounds like when heā€™s magically producing non-existent numbers from his magic hat.

ā€œI see over 100k people have joined us here todayā€.

See how easy it is to make up numbers to suit oneā€™s warped reality?

Donā€™t even bother, bro. Itā€™s like dealing with R2F.

4 Likes

You can try to convince yourself that D3 is dead as much as you want. It is very much alive, and I am having a blast every season with the 150 members of my clan. But please feel free to continue whining if it makes you feel better, and see you in D4 maybe in a couple of years :wink:

2 Likes

D3 is a good game, and I can see why you like it so much, but out of curiosity, what keeps you coming back? I enjoy it for what it is, but the progression leaves for little choice (same skill/rune unlocks in the same order, with no points) and the leveling to 70 and acquiring near best gear is over very quickly. I know this sounds like I am antagonizing, but i am seriously curious what keeps you coming back season after season. It seems to mostly be a grind for legendary gems, paragon, and increasing stats on items infinitely.

Out of all the ARPGā€™s, D3 has the best combat by far. Smooth and fluid. Very enjoyable and relaxing.

But if you find yourself feeling brain-numb seeping in after playing just 15-20 minutes, then drop D3 for a while and play it in short bursts a few days apart.

Thank you for your answer, it is nice to discuss things with people who are constructive and interested in different opinions. The first reason which makes me come back for each season is that I enjoy starting fresh, from scratch. I enjoy finding again my first legendary, then my first ancient item, and later my first primal. I enjoy getting achievements again, getting new cosmetics, and competing in the leaderboards again. The second reason is my clan and my friends. At the start of each season we are happy to meet again and share the excitement of leveling up together again - it is similar but different each time. I also like to try different classes and different builds in each season, depending on the new patches and the different season themes. I can understand that for some people it might feel aways the same and therefore boring. But I just love it, which is why I have now over 5,400 hours of play in D3, in spite of having a wife and two kids (scary, I know :slight_smile:)

Just for those who come to regret the time they spent in D2, you can say it wasnā€™t as fun for them as they thought it was, in all fairness. Itā€™s fine to speculate ā€œD2 could have been fun if only X, Y, or Zā€, and we can see if X, Y, or Z interferes with those players who never had major issues with any Diablo. (Most of them?)

Unlimited trading should be reinstated in D3.

The issue was the real money auction house for many people.
The real money one and gold one also influenced drop chances in the game, that was horrific.

I donā€™t care about people spending real money / game gold to get their equipment. That has no effect on me having fun playing the game.
I wouldnā€™t spent real money myself.

If it werenā€™t for its effects on drop rates / chances, the gold ah, would have been a good thing even.

Not that weā€™d need such a thing now with all the additions to the game.
Pretty easy now to obtain the items you need. Kadala, the cube, enchanting.
Playing the high gr levels.

People freely trading items, fine by me as well. We should be able to trade items and commodities. Even crafted and enchanted stuff.

However, trading in any way having a negative effect on my chances of getting something good , then yes, I would consider that a problem.