Look What You've Done 😠

Neither Do You! I suggest you stop acting like do! :grimacing:

2 Likes

Which is what I see happening in a lot of videos, the tactics involved are the one that keeps everyone alive, one that goes bring the mobs to the trash killers to kill and the boss killer
which isn’t the same as grabbing any 4 dps and just run through the rift

There are plenty of other D2 players that pretend they don’t exist

I don’t play D2 anymore so why waste my time in a forum in a game I no longer play, just because D2 players have nothing better to do than to infest a forum of a game that they don’t even play doesn’t mean it works the other way

Says the guy who’s last character that was last updated nov 2019 and is a huge 15th level and 57 paragons

So how does that work when you want to buy all your items and not have them handed to you?

We aren’t struggling with the concept we just straight out don’t want it
Just like you believe that the only way to play is to buy everything, we believe you should go out and find your own

Is that to get rid of the legitamite players who don’t want to put up with captcha bs that a bot can easily solve
Is this a ploy to turn D3 into a bot only society like D2

It’s not like you found it yourself, you went and bought it so you can have it immediately, and not go find it yourself

If there is no loot hunt why don’t I still only have white items in my hands that I started with and no armour sets or anything else

2 Likes

Lol no. Rare items are veeeery expensive so they keep being rare and very difficult to obtain playing or trading.
A good arpg should have a good balance between self found and traded items. Open and free market but good drops that make possible a solo player to play most of the Game.
Poe should be a good example. I would not be 100% agree with poe design but you can enjoy thegame solo or trading.

1 Like

Because cheating is not the problem that gets created by trading. Deficit of engagement and subverted gameplay loops are.

Your logic is extremely fallacious.

No, why would it have failed? The noob would just have to go and find cool items for himself.

Not getting free items does not invalidate the game.

2 Likes

Expect no less than this lot. I go into full detail about their lack of solid reasons why open trade should return :point_down:

1 Like

Pretty sure he also didn’t understand he could keep upgrading legendary gems. He thought you could only upgrade the one you got from the GR he just completed. But he’s definitely played enough to understand all the ins and outside to make comparisons to other games.

Actually, it is easy to get items in D3 not because D3 has generous drop rate. It was because the player can target the drop thru Kadala and Upgrade Rare. If the player are strictly playing D3 without using those and relying on the drop alone, it would be difficult to gear up fast as it is hard to get desired item in the huge item pool alone.

They will by default be much less rare with trading than without.

That is certainly a big part of it. Both the droprate and crafting mechanisms would need to be very different. Something like Haedrigs gift doesn’t exactly help either.

Even without gambling and the cube, it’s pretty easy from just playing. One bounty, at T16, before opening the cache, nets me easily 30 legendary/set items. I can easily get 90% of the gear I need in my first few days after hitting 70 without gambling.

Well, if it not because of upgrade rare, reforge legendary and kadala, I wasn’t able to complete all Ancient gear for my character in S20 solely rely on the drop alone, and I am running GR90 a lot.

I know. I still use it for flails and shields, usually the hardest for me to get. My point still stands that gear shouldn’t be this easy to get. I understand how loot 2.0 works and why it was implemented. Drop rates are way too high regardless. If it took a month to gear up fully, not fully with primal and perfect stats and so on it about a month to get all you gear, it would be a bit more balanced.

Part of the problem is tied into the seasonal structure.

1 Like

We should also remember that yeah, you can get some gear pretty easy. What you can’t get though is good versions of it.
Chances are if you roll everything through Kadala, even if you end up with a full set - it will be pretty crap with bad stats.

Getting actually good gear takes much more time.

The difference between good gear and bad gear isn’t that much of a difference though, and at the end of the day you can reroll the stats or worse case reforge the item. All of this is pretty easy and doesn’t take a long time (RNG may vary). Anyone can start a new seasonal character and be geared to at least start running your actual full build in a few days tops. Then it’s just a matter of tweaking pieces and that does take longer.

The point is the gear in this game simply isn’t special or rare in anyway. Only upgraded version of the exact same thing are. Paragon and leveled gems do most of the heavy lifting once the basics are done.

2 Likes

Yeah. Exactly why ancients and primsls was a bad idea. Getting 90% of your power, and gameplay changes, nearly instantly, with the rest of the game just being small number increases.

2 Likes

You can reduce the D3 legendary drop rate to D2 drop rate tier and people will still able to gear up relatively fast as long as a feature like Kadala, and Upgrade Rare exists. These 2 features are just too good and powerful when it comes to gearing.

Primal drop rate (extremely low despite on how generous D3 drop rate was) in D3 is the best example here and most of the players gotten their usable Primals from Reforge Legendary instead from the monster drop. If we removed all those features, how many players do you think that they will have at least 3 usable Primals for their character thru monster drop in D3 alone?

I’m not worried about D3 threads. My eyes glaze over on most D3 related topics because it doesn’t interest me.

Trolling. I’ve probably mentioned at least twice that I don’t trade much and I’ve never bought gear with money.

Correct.

I know you’re a D3 player so you don’t really know but the lvl 2 uniques from D2 are awesome! Yes, it invalidates the game some if there isn’t something fun like this in D4. It’s inconsequential in the grand scheme of the game for me to throw a lvl 2 unique on the ground and they are kind of rare. When I get my girlfriend to play a new alt with me I definitely want to drop these for us, it’s a lot of fun in D2.

My play time has nothing to do with me asking why he thinks bots can’t be managed.

Also, who cares. Obviously I got bored of the game years ago. Sorry, not into wasting my time on an action game without carrots (no item hunt). Not going to grind for the sake of grinding slightly higher numbers, that’s not a crunchy carrot and I prefer games that have more options and player choices. Too many better games for me to waste much time on this one.

You think when D4 comes out anybody is going to care about how much you played D3? Lol. You should name your next D4 character - “D3Pr0”, people will think it’s really cool; try it.

1 Like

The more reason not to be able to hand them out for free.

Getting items handed to you is not fun.

2 Likes

I know. I wasn’t arguing that that wasn’t the case. It’s just way to easy to gear up in D3. Drop rates, kadala, the cube. Drop rates can be cut, kadal could be way more expensive and the cube as well if not remove the upgrade and conversion options.

The problem with trading is that it’s hard to CONTROL it. Blizzard has always been OBSESSED with control and “free for all” trading goes against their core philosophy. This is especially true today, when they lost their way, and looking for some kind of stable identity which is not based upon straight corporate greed and mix-maxing everything do death (Overwatch).