LON multishot question

i know UE multishot is far and above superior in every way,but could LON multishot do t16 rifts reasonably fast?
I just have all kinds of useful ancient multishot gear laying around and want a mess around build to do t16 rifts for fun.
Not sure to what level it could do because no one plays it.

I think a lot would depend on paragon - the 30k+% damage bonus from UE 6pc would be a huge loss down to the LoN level…the loss of the hatred/disc generating and the DR from the 4pc is also an issue (not as much though and actually might be better if mobs jump you)

would be interesting to see if you went the LoD route instead too to keep ring slots open.

The differences in LoN and UE are huge for Multishot:

LoN Multishot

• 98.5x damage multiplier (13 ancients)
  • 2.083x toughness multiplier (13 ancients)

UE Multishot

• 483.2x damage multiplier (UE4+6 bonus w/ 86 disc)
  • 2.5x toughness multiplier (UE4 bonus)

Next the differences in gear: while LoN lets you use more things like Magefist, Cindercoat, Swampland Waders, and Visage of Gunes, the UE variant allows for the use of other set bonuses!

In particular, UE will allow the use of Focus/Restraint (huge 2.25x damage boost) and the Captain Crunch set (possibly around 3x toughness boost and 1.5x damage boost). Additionally, LoN will be limited to two legendary gems instead of three (if you use the new LoD gem which is preferred over losing 2 ring slots).

There is no combination of items that LoN Multishot can use that even come close to bridging the gap between it and UE Multishot.

3 Likes

Food for thought:

When Patch 2.6.6 goes Live, a 5-piece UE plus 2-piece SJ and a RoRG, either equipped or cubed, will make a pretty powerful DBs farming build. :wink:

i just wanted to know whether it would do t16 ok…lol

It will do T16, but it will be pretty slow unless you have about 2000 paragon. I made a LoN multi-shot in Season 16 but the highest difficulty then was T13. There it will one shot just like UE. A one shot is a one shot, so there’s little speed difference between the two.

At T16, you’re pushing the limits of what it can do concerning speed. Mine was able to clear up to 90+ in GRifts and ran Grift 75 in about 4 minutes. A far cry from the sub 2-3 minutes UE can do.

It’s a fun build though, because you can have principally unlimited vaults and never have to worry about discipline effecting your damage. It’ll rock the Boss Mode Conquest in less time than any UE build, even danetta’s because of this.

So if you just want to tool around with it, you can but it’s just less efficient. Less efficient though doesn’t mean less fun though, if you’re not concerned about efficiency.

2 Likes

thank you idolis, thats what i was after.
Dont care much about efficiency ,am looking more to trying out wacky item groupings.
I am almost 2700 paragon and items will be augmented so im thinking it will do pretty well.

2 Likes

Mine was built with damage and resource cost reduction in mind. Magefist, Cindercoat, Pride’s Fall, cooldown where needed and resource cost reduction where I could afford it. A lot of my equipment was Primal, including Yang’s, a terrible DML for UE but suited the LoN build, and Wraps of Clarity and I was fully augmented with level 80 gems and few 100 gems.

I wanted as cheap of vaults as I could get and as much damage as I could squeeze out.

I can run T16 with it even now but most creatures take 3 or 4 shots to kill and bosses and Rift Guardian take about 10 to 20 seconds to kill.

All that said, it’s still a ton of fun to fool around with.

2 Likes

The best part of the game IMO - having something funky to mess around and get relief from the dregs of bounties and rifts!!

1 Like