LoD WoL back with final patch?

With the change to Rabid Strike in the final patch notes, the WoL cast by the Epiphany clones will be a lot stronger than the live server and about half as strong as the first version of the PTR (which was pretty damn strong by all accounts). It is about 12.5x stronger than the live server which should put it into the conversation for group trash clear.

2 Likes

Yes, WoL exp meta will be a thing. Wudijo just put out a video about it yesterday. This will finally be the season I don’t start as GoD DH. Super excited for WoL in S24. Easy & strong one-build-for-everything.

1 Like

Was already doing 130 speeds in PTR. Glad it got stronger, but they said “Hey! WOL is too strong!” then the way they fix that is over double the damage compared to PTR. “That fixed it.”

Even with the Rabid Strike buff, it’s still slightly weaker than WoL with original bracers/boots, if I’m not mistaken. So basically, it’s a nerf from being completely insane to potentially-beating-firebirds-strong. Not complaining though!

It would be about half the damage, had the crudest boots also worked with the bracers at the time. They didn’t work before they nerfed both. So pre-nerf, they were doing X * 21 now it’s X * 3 * 3 * 5.5, which is around 2.5x damage compared to PTR and 5.5x more damage then before they changed Rabid Strike. That’s 8 grifts higher then PTR pre-nerf and 11-12 grifts higher then post nerf.

Which basically means, 135+ speeds will be a thing with monks.

5 Likes

I stand corrected. Thanks for the breakdown. Can’t wait for S24! Why is S23 ending next week instead of tomorrow? .__.

1 Like

As someone who has been playing LoD WoL (and many other classes’ LoD builds) ever since LoD was added to the game, I’m very whelmed.

It’s not often a specific build I play regardless of rankings gets a buff. Ethereals just became a secondary interest for me in S24.

How challenging is this build to play? Is there a lot of micromanaging or a lot of abilities to use or anything?

It is definitely not a passive, one button win build. You need to cast Cyclone Strike to group up enemies, which also buffs your Rabid Strike clones and keep Epiphany active so that when you drop a Bell, the RS clone drops one.

Also it looks like using WoTHF Assimilation Stacks will be important too

I didn’t use a generator for my GR130. Instead, I used Mantra of Salvation - Agility for the extra toughness. I had more than enough spirit by using Explosive Blast with the Jade Talon procs with many targets on the screen to not need to cast Mystic Ally - Air Ally often.

For the boss, since there was only 1 target, I needed to attack constantly though to keep both Epiphany and frequent use of the Air Ally; thus I used Dashing Strike sparingly.

Eventually, when I get more augments and higher paragon, I’ll probably use the Lightning build but the Fire one is far more fun.