LoD Tempest Rush Zmonk For Speeds

d3 planner url : 900814581

Here is my build I’ve put together for speed farming 95-115s. There is play in the build and area damage will be removed when I get the pieces.

Stats: Resource cost Reduction and cooldown play big rolls in this build! There is enough mitigation to survive. I will give a list of what the build does for the group and the rest will be below to follow if you’d like to know more on why I chose the rest of the loadout.

What are the benefits to bringing this zmonk build?

Eye of Peshkov: Breath of Heaven will constantly give a speed buff to the group which you can bounce around providing it to those lagging behind or yourself(also a nice heal as a bonus)

Mantra of Conviction -Annihilation: Another speed boost that will help move you and the group forward after killing large groups or even a single mob.

Changed from
Passive - Unity: Provides extra damage for allies (needs testing to see if it works with Mantra of Conviction)
Changed To
Chant of Resonance: As the unity passive is not effected by Mantra of Conviction, I believe this new passive is the way to go. It helps your upkeep on your mantra providing additional damage bonuses.
Passive - Resolve: Provides damage reduction from monsters to help soften their hits against allies

Strongarm Bracers - Provides significant damage buff to allies constantly as you’ll be pulling everything in with your cyclone strike thanks to the Implosion rune as well as the equipped weapon Won Khim Lau.

Oculus Ring: Provides 85% bonus damage to allies while standing in the circle. Easy choice!

Legendary Gem - Iceblink: Thanks to Tempest Rush - Flurry you’ll constantly be hitting enemies with cold damage after being pulled in by your cyclone strike causing allies crit more often(more damage!)

Legendary Gem - Gem of Efficacious Toxin: Since you’ll be damaging everything this will bring a nice damage increase for your allies as they follow behind you in your trail as you suck everything in for them to gobble up

Frostburn: I opt in for these gloves due to the fact that freezing enemies gives your damage dealers some extra time to finish off enemies without being hit. Especially for squirt users. More CC is always better when speed running as a support.

Protect that pretty face!
Levebyvre’s Soliloquy: 50% damage reduction. Need the tankiness in the build. If you die you slow the run down. Simple.

Hellfire Amulet: i chose this as an additional passive goes a long way & you don’t really need anything specific since you can cube flavor of time.

Nemesis Bracers: Hit those pylons and spawn those elites so they can be gobbled up by your allies!

String of Ears: Optional, but it’s more damage reduction. Don’t die

Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan: Extra resource regeneration. You’re not in a good position if you run out of spirit.

Illusory Boots: I believe these are optional as well, but I’d rather not have to deal with running into anything if I can help it.

Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac: Required as you need to have 100% uptime on your epiphany. Don’t run out of spirit. Simple

CHEST/TORSO: I have a filler chest in now, but the Aquila Cuirass is probably the way to go for more mitigation, I’m missing an ancient one to finish the piece, but it works fine without it.

Crystal Fist: Recommended, but not required. If you run the Aquila Cuirass you’ll have more mitigation making this less of a necessity. I think the Azurewrath can work really well here due to the freeze and knockup potential. If you don’t have the Aquila Cuirass or want to push higher tiers, use it.

Cubed
Warstaff of General Quang: This gives you more movement speed to keep up with, get ahead, or go back to use breath of heaven to boost your allies movement speed. With the GoD Demon Hunters roaming about, you’ll want to be as fast as you can. Feel free to replace this if you feel you’re fast enough
OR
The Executioner: As you move up on the speed runs, and everyone stops to group to kill packs, this is a good replacement as this will help speed up the drawn out Elite/Rift Guardian fights.
*OR
Crystal Fist/Won Khim Lau: If you choose to wear an Azurewrath, you can cube one of these instead as long as you’ve got the rest of the mitigation including Aquila Cuirass(which I do not). I noticed above 105 there is a higher chance to fall if RNG happens. You’re not supposed to be dying.

The Flavor of Time: Double Pylons are great, they’re wonderful. Also there isn’t much else you could put here. If you’ve got a sure glass cannon on your team that wants to use the Unity ring, you can cube it and wear The Flavor of Time.

Skills
Dashing Strike - Blinding Speed: You need to be able to get ahead of the group, scout, go back to your allies lagging behind… Take this to get you where you need to be. The extra dodge chance helps for survivability on top of the Crystal Fist damage reduction that’s provided. I don’t feel like you need more speed or an extra charge.

Cyclone Strike - Implosion: 34 yard pull constantly? Can you say OH YES! What a wonderful range considering you’ll be constantly pulling mobs in thanks to your Won Khim Lau. Freeze is unneccesary because you have that covered, the heal is unneeded because you have that covered. Simple choice. Pull it all!

Epiphany - Insight: You need the spirit regeneration. You’ll be using up a lot of it with Tempest Rush and your Mantra’s active for extra damage against bigger packs. You have enough survivability with the rest of your gear. Don’t die and don’t run out of spirit. Simple.

Tempest Rush - Flurry: Right, we’ve all seen this skill. The only reason we take it here is for that cold damage to proc both our Iceblink gem as well as our passive on Frostburn to freeze the enemies.

Passives

Harmony: I haven’t experimented with swapping this to others because I haven’t felt the need to try anything besides my current setup. More resistance = more survivability. You can another mitigation here instead

Beacon of Ytar: Spam that Breath of Heaven! Spam it! Keep up Epiphany 100% of the time or else! More Cooldown reduction is wonderful.

Right! There’s my build, so far I haven’t seen anyone use an LoD build as a zmonk. I had fun putting this together as I’m nearly 1800 paragon for Season 21. If there is anything you believe can be changed to optimize it, push higher or just plane faster… PLEASE comment and I will test as soon as soon as I can or maybe others can pick up on it and it can improve their gameplay as well as the friends they rift with. I haven’t tested with a second support yet. However since you’ve got the pull covered, there are plenty of zDH out there that can speed up your 3-4 mans.

Let me know what you think! I’m having so much fun with the build and I think you will too! ^.^

**EDIT: Changed Unity Passive to Chant of Resonance; Mantra of Conviction