LoD bone spear... to be stronger then masquerade?

After reading the upcoming patch notes, the necromancer masquerade set is getting adjusted to 6,000 without simulacrims gaining triple the buff as well.

Masquerade of the Burning Carnival 6-Piece Set: Bone Spear cast by you and your Simulacrums deals 6000% increased damage.

The Legacy of Dreams gem, after having a build that is full ancient, amounts to 9,750. Why even keep the masquerade set if Legacy of Dreams is stronger? Is this going to be rathma set all over again? I think we should reconsider the numbers being adjusted for the bone spear build.

The removal of triple damage for simulacrums might also be an oversight. Remains to be seen. However if it isn’t, then LoD seems a much more attractive choice for bone spear. While it does have higher damage however, it won’t be anywhere near as tough as Masquerade. No immortal simulacrums, no all runes, no shared toughness.

While Masquerade could use a nerf, removing the triple damage for sims is an overnerf. 6k% damage with triple damage for sims maintained would be fine.

1 Like

fingers crossed they keep triple the buff, otherwise that set is a write-off.

1 Like

No it’s not fine, the only thing that’s overperforming is the poison rune in high density in high GR. Any nerf to the set instead of the poison rune will severely reduce Necromancer’s lower GR farming efficiency (GR110~120 solo fast runs), which is already mediocre compared to other top farming builds in the first place.

The poison rune actually doesn’t bring a lot to the table, it helps some, but it doesn’t provide “broken” “overperforming” gameplay. the area damage of your first hit in poison does the biggest damage then the following hits are slightly less.

Try to push 140+ with other runes and tell us how it goes.

Oh it is definitely the best rune, but considering two of the runes don’t pierce cold rune gives you increased speed after attacking it isn’t necessarily any utility to be gained. But try to push 150 and tell us how it goes after the first pop.

You’re the one who’s saying Poison’s scaling with density “doesn’t bring a lot to the table”, so the burden of proof should be on you.

The fact that you said attack speed buff from Cold rune isn’t necessarily any utility to be gained makes me wonder if you have actually pushed with the build or not, because attack speed is important for casting as many BS as possible during CoE and Bone Armor stun combo for max burst damage output as well as stacking BotS on RG.

If poison’s scaling weren’t broken, both 30% higher base damage from Blood Spear and attack speed buff (it’s not actually 30% IAS, but +0.3 APS to weapon) from Crystallization would be superior but obviously they’re not.

Literally the first hit kills off mobs and your area damage tapers off. Area damage scales, per mob, much like the wording on the blighted marrow rune, however, area damage is multiplicative per mob. You don’t want attack speed for killing trash, especially if your in a group. It’s clear that your idealisms are catered towards solo play. So I’ll just leave this at that.

So you’re just gonna ignore Blood Spear’s 30% higher base damage and continue to claim that poison rune scaling does very little huh?

In comparison, yes. As you continue to ignore 150+ area damage per mob.

Are you for real right now?

You’re like “I’m making these comparisons, and my conclusion is that the deciding factor of varying results is the contant (AD) instead of the actual changing variables (rune effects).”

The way you draw your conclusion is simply illogical.

I didn’t say I didn’t try different runes. I’m just saying area damage is more broken then blighted marrow. You can do 150 bone spear in 4 man in current live season with blighted marrow, crystalization, blood spear, and the one that detonates if you want to try that flavor.

The first 150 4 man in season 22 PTR 2.6.9 was done with the bone spear that detonates.