LoD Blessed Shield

Ah. No, I use Ice Climbers plus Stone Gauntlets, and Magefist. Everything else is probably normal. And heavy on IAS.

Thanks guys! Thanks to your advices for to put the Ice Clinbers in to the cube, yesterday I have success in 133! Video will be today :)))

SOLO GR 133

2 Likes

SA is strong arm.

With Stone G / Ice climbers, you dont need indestructible. Swap it to Tower shield. The primal is definitely an upgrade.

You can use it. Drop illusory, use wings of angel law. BS is flexible. There are lots of viable tweaks that suits individual play style.

Ya…no. Strongarms are too weak and there has to be like 20 better options…

The other day, i got a primal Akkhan Leniency with LpH. So of course I wanted to test it and learn how much weaker it was in hand. The results were surprisingly decent.

I picked LoN Rings w/ PE to bring up APS. I was at 1.75 Sheet APS. Stacks were approaching 80-90. The damage numbers were about 10-15% lower, while also being slower. GR125 complete. Survival felt better than equipping Gyrfalcon’s Foote, oddly. These weren’t extensive tests, just one evening of play.

I would say, 3 GRs weaker.

1 Like

Nice on the GR133. You are really pushing the limits. It doesn’t suit your play style, but have you explored iron skin:flash instead of illusory boots? HunterKiller and I push like this, you might be able to restore Strongarms or Nemesis for extra gains.

Also, i have stuck in a PE instead of Stricken in the past – if you miraculously land Hamelin or Saxtris, it is possible to win – power pylon accelerates the death.

36Q Health on that 133 boss. I see very early hits for 14T (non-fire) and 51T (fire) around 8 stacks. So I’m going to guess 10T / 30T without stricken. If you can get adds quickly and you average 50 shield stacks, those hits go up to 50T / 150T, which averages 75T hits @2.4APS is 200 seconds. But when you have those adds the APS is throttled up to 3-3.5APS. Add in a power pylon and the kill time could go down. I did a few 130 attempts like this and came close, often screwed due to the wrong boss.

1 Like

First of all, great chat, everyone keep it up.

Second, I agree with DMKT and HunterKiller: Flash on Iron Skin lets you drop Illusory, which in turn means you can use Climbers and Stone G, and that means in turn you need less CDR.

Back to my shield problem: So lets say I go with the Primal with STR, VIT, and CRIT. I can roll CDR on it, drop Indestructible due to the VIT boost, and go Towering Shield. Or I can go with the 15% BS on the Shield, and roll my attack speed on gloves in CDR. OR…keep going with only shoulders having the CDR roll. I am currently doing 115s, putting me in the 300’s on the US LB.

What does +% Blessed Shield stack in the same category as? I am trying to figure out how much the Towering Shield passive really does, as I am really suffering from not having Indestructible and not having enough CDR for substantial AC uptime.

It stacks with Towering Shield and Strongarms. You’re going to need more paragon to get away with not having indestructible, or incredible stutter stepping.

I’ve been playing solo recently due to this thread. I see benefits to having Illusory. Stutter stepping is really helpful for survival purposes. In the most most lucky situations, you can get away without the boots, but in some grifts, you need illusory to live. It pays off when you’re dragging 3+ elites through festering woods towards the next pylon while keeping progress at break even.

If you keep moving, just like Borfet does – you’ll do more damage, plus that extended iron skin is clutch for avoiding nasty knockbacks, try popping it in the middle of the physical cycle to ensure you remain in position for the oculus ring.

On average, I’d say both are pretty equal – but in perfect rift conditions, the iron skin:flash w/ Strongarms or Nemesis will win out.

Are you comparing SA and Illusory to Stone G and Ice C specifically?

Stone Gauntlets and Ice Climbers are staples in the lower CDR builds (40%-50%) and those legendary effects were active in my previous push sessions.

The comparison is really about:
Illusory Boots vs Iron Skin:Flash + Strongarms/Nemesis

I hope that clears things up.

But then you are NOT using Magefist?

I am using Flash and Magefist.

You could cube Magefist as an option, but i’d think you’ll profit more from Nemesis or Strongarms if you time it right.

Ah, so cut Steed Charge for Condemn: Vaxuum?

Another question: what is the right attack speed break point to get past 6/7 stacks on the Rift Guardian? Usually, I feel like the trade is attack speed or cool down. What is the proper mix?

That’s nice! I think I like the Ice Climbers / Illusory boots combo better as well. More elegant, easier to play, than with Magefist gauntlets.

Have you tried running this with the Pain Enhancer Gem instead of Bane of the Trapped?

Having trouble any suggestions. Using lon shield build and am getting great results with big groups where i get the 5 bounces for max damage increase. Trouble is when groups get 4 or less the extra damage or single hit that you get is almost useless and takes forever to get kills.

You have to make decisions on whether to stay, drag or leave.

Leave if your blessed shield stacks are less than 50, you are by the exit and there is no new trash nearby, the elite has more than 50% health, etc. Don’t waste the clock killing 8 trash pieces.

Drag if there is new trash nearby, walk about 50-75 yards away from your kill site, find the the new trash, double back halfway only if you find 10+ trash to merge with your previous pack. Chuck a shield at each group of enemies (new and old) to ensure they stay aggressive and meet you in the middle, you want to combine them to form a bigger pack, so you can achieve 70+ shield stacks again. Sometimes your follower will block the path or hold agro, you might need to reposition them. More times than not, you will drag.

Stay when your lone elite is at 15%, or if the elite has the illusionist affix or summons adds. Off the CoE cycle, in Holy and Lightning, try throwing a shield into unexplored open spaces to lure in adds and finish the kill. Even 1 lucky add can double your damage.

Big enemies tend to lower your stacks, golgors and tusked bogans, give them less priority.

5 Likes

dmkt has great advise here.