LOCUSTS! Suggested new set for the WD

The witch doctor is my fave class, and nothing makes me happier than unleashing locusts on low tier mobs and feeling like the god of pestilence. So I sketched up some concept art on theme and came up with the set bonus. (sadly I lack the rank to post links or images on the forums so please copy paste the link, its worth it.)

https://www.deviantart.com/adaline-industries/art/Witch-Doctor-suggested-build-820463430?ga_submit_new=10%3A1573907044

2 set:
Locust Swarm gains the effect of every rune.

4 set:
any time you damage an enemy with Locust Swarm Damage you take is reduced by 50% for 5 seconds.

6 set:
Locust Swarm gains a 2 second cool down. Locust swarm can be reapplied to enemies. When Locust swarm is reapplied to enemies it consumes the remaining damage over time of the first Locust Swarm dealing the damage instantly.

It would be simple enough for Blizzard to program, and fun to watch. I thought long and hard and I honestly believe the best way to modulate the damage of this build at the highest rift levels is to add a cool down to locust swarm. To that end wormwood might need some retooling to avoid breaking the game. I went at it with a calculator thinking about the “Quetzalcoatl” and “Ring of Emptiness” and the damage per second still totaled less than my best wizard build. I’m sure there is plenty of room for polishing but I’m hopeful the community will love it.

My eternal thanks to any high ranking member that posts the art I created in the comments below. : )

2 Likes

Kudos on the effort put into this suggestion! Artwork is on point.

I don’t think the 6-piece bonus will deal nearly enough damage though, and it kind of overlaps with Jade as far as mechanics. I think a XX,000% damage increase plus a supporting legendary would perform better.

I like this idea. It might need some balancing on the 6 piece damage (as suggested above), but that is what testing is for. Wormwood could be changed to work alongside the 6 piece. It would make sense, since it is already on topic.

The art is also fantastic. Good job!

This is basically Jade without Haunt or Soul Harvest.