[localization] RU server

Dear managers! Can you influence the RU region of the forum? Namely: the localizers provided incorrect information about the start of the start of the 24th season for Moscow time (GMT + 3). Your information about the start of the 24th season reads like this - “Season 24 will begin on July 23, at 5PM (PDT / CEST / KST)”. Following its logic, CEST is GTM +2, which means that we (Moscow time) should start the 24th season at 6PM (since there is exactly 1 hour between Moscow time and CEST).
But we now have information on the forum that the start of the 24th season will be launched at 03AM on July 24th. Please influence this somehow. Otherwise, many players on the RU server will be very angry about this. RU forum
For consoles, Season 24 will start at the specified time (03AM). But not for the PC version of the game. Deal with this.
Thank you.
P.S.: I hope that my thoughts were correctly formulated for you, since I use google translator to communicate with You.

1 Like

Afaik there are no “russian” servers, right? Only EU, NA, Asia and China.

Correct. Russian players tend to play on the EU server which is why the OP is complaining that the starting time for Season 24 in the Russian “Season 24 Starting” blog post is incorrect. The blog states the season will start at 03:00 Pacific time, which equates to 13:00 Moscow. The actual start time for the EU server is 17:00 CEST, which equates to 18:00 Moscow.

I’ve heard a lot of complaints about the russian d3 team. For example some of the translation work is completely incorrect from what I’ve heard from my russian friends.

Hmmm… perhaps the Russian D3 team is related to the one that does the translation for the French forums ??? Could they be the same people ?

The French team got the time right (hourra !!) but screwed up the 7 miniature pictures (click on them and see what happens). They also “forgot” to say that the bug correction for the Gidbinn was for the ethereal version… prompting an unsuspecting player to write about it and ask since when the Gidbinn increased the damage done by Voodoo skills by 200%.

And, of course, a few seasons back, there was the issue of black text on a black background, the “Insert Patch Notes here” fiasco and, way back when the number of seasonal stash tabs was increased from 4 to 5, the “five” was translated to “six” in the French language blog!!! Just splendid !

So yeah… people who can’t read English rely on those that do… because they sure can’t trust the blogs in their own language.

2 Likes

Heck, the current English version of the Season 24 blog is wrong too…

https://eu.diablo3.com/en-gb/blog/23695733/season-24-|-ethereal-memory-|-preview-blog-7-9-2021

If you’ve been playing the past few Seasons diligently and reached Conqueror in the Season Journey each time, you’ve accrued a few extra stash tabs. Players who have not yet earned a total of four stash tabs via the Season Journey can still unlock an additional one by completing the following tasks at the Conqueror tier

It should read five stash tabs and this was pointed out on the very first day the blog was published and hasn’t been corrected since.

1 Like

@Meteorblade,

Yes, I know… I didn’t include that because that is not the fault of the translators… or the French D3 team. The original text says “four”… and they correctly translated that to “quatre”. Not sure why no one questioned the original text but… I’m giving the French D3 team the benefit of the doubt.

1 Like

That was the point I was making, i.e. they can’t even get the information correct in their native language blogs, let alone the translated articles based on them.

:bat: :flashlight:
I passed this up the line, which is not far! Still, good feedback and sadly, common feedback.

I used to check them right when Nev posted and usually caught issues and told her. I got out of the habit when she left. If you see something ping me on Bnet and I can pass it on to CMs a bit faster than forum posting.

Good plan. They are not the Devs and don’t talk to the Devs so they depend on the media given to them being accurate.

1 Like

Health to you and your family! Can you transmit this information to the CM? Спасибо тебе, добрый человек.

I asked them to read the whole thread. I am sorry, but I don’t read Russian :frowning:

it says: thank you, kind person.

I have this in my favourites https://translate.google.co.uk/?hl=en so that when I see a post in Bug Report or Tech Support that’s not in English I just copy the text, fire up the favourite, paste in the text and it shows me the English version. As for the Russian version of the Blog, Chrome automatically offered to translate the page between Russian and English.

1 Like

I would not apply here, but Blizzard has completely left the RU community. Many CMs left of their own accord or were dismissed from their positions. And now there, on the forum, there is no one to wait for help.

Hi:

A most generous offer but I’m sure you have better things to do than hunting down our 3 CMs with the latest French language website error, or when Blizzard neglects to post the invitation to the latest PTR on Europe, or… whatever else. If Blizzard was serious about fixing these types of issues, they would enable the various staff (forum moderators, community moderator, customer support, etc…) to escalate such issues back to the US Community Managers.

Besides, since you’re not on my friend list, I’d have to admit that I do not know how to “ping you” on Bnet… as far as I know, it is not possible to send a private message to another player unless he/she is a friend or, perhaps, in the same clan.

Have a nice day.

Quite simple. Accept the friend request on the Bnet app :stuck_out_tongue:

This is an issue they need to fix. If they want the games to be supported and sold in the EU, or other Localized places, they need to get their team sorted and fix the issues that are going on. It reflects very poorly on the company and sends the message to player that they don’t care. Inaccurate or incomplete information also prevents players from participating in event starts, etc.

Not cool, in my opinion.

2 Likes

Hi:

I thought I would provide some details on the current issues with the Season 24 blog page on the Europe French language blog page.

Both of the issues listed under occur only on the French language blog page – I have checked all the blog pages for Europe and all the blog pages for Americas. I don’t trust the translation by Google to verify the Chinese and Korean blog pages.

I find it disturbing that these issues only show up on the French language … why couldn’t the French language team provide the same level of excellence as the other language. Were the “mistakes” done on purpose ? I wonder. This is not the first time that we have have issues with blogs on the French language site.

============================================================================================

1) Translation error:

In Bug Fixes, in English, it says:

Witch Doctor Ethereal Fix | The Gidbinn

In the equivalent section on the French blog page, we have:

Correctif apporté au féticheur | Le Gidbinn

The problem with that translation is that it does not say that the bug fix is for the ethereal version of the Gidbinn… not the version currently in game. A more suitable translation would have been something like:

Correctif apporté à un objet éthérien pour le féticheur | Le Gidbinn

My translation is probably not perfect – I am not a translator – but I think that it would have likely been “good enough” to prevent this topic on the French forums:

============================================================================================

2) Web page layout / functionality:

On the English version, there are 7 miniatures… the “Season 24 has begun”, heroes from the 7 classes wielding ethereal weapons, the D2R Barbarian transmog, etc. Clicking on each of these miniatures opens a panel with the picture in full size (or enlarged to some extent).

On the French version, the 7 same miniatures are there, but clicking on them does not provide a full size picture of the miniature… the first 5 miniatures link to:

while the last 2 miniatures link to:

I stumbled on that issue “by accident” when I tried to zoom in the 10 conquests to find out what they were going to be… and was instead presented with a screenshot of the pane one normally gets when hovering the mouse over Haedrig’s gift.

===========================================================================================

There’s also the mistake about the allowable number of stash tab that can be obtained by completing the Conqueror level during a Season… and you probably already know about this. I will tell you that all the translators correctly translated four stash tabs in all languages for Americas, Europe and Asia regions.

I now see that the error has already been corrected on the US blog page… and that an attempt was made to correct it on the French page. I should say that “five” is spelled “cinq” in French… not “cinque”
703x650

Thank you for your attention !

2 Likes

It was passed on just after you posted it and I did get confirmation that is was received :slight_smile:

Thank you Boubou!

I really appreciate you posting here with all the pictures and information. It was insanely helpful! Excellent way to present it.

2 Likes

Great, but the Russian blog still has the wrong start time on it.

That’s fixed… now says Season 24 will begin on July 23 at 18:00 Moscow time.

https://eu.diablo3.com/ru-ru/blog/23695733/сезон-24-|-бесплотные-воспоминания-|-обзор-09-07-2021

2 Likes