List of Severe Issues - Patch 2.6.7

Thanks for the clarification and communication. One man concern is rat runs because they have been leading the meta for the past 2 years in group play. That way more options in group play because you really cant find groups unless you follow the meta.

2 Likes

I hope you don’t end up just adjusting the 6pc numbers instead of looking at Shield of Fury infinite stacks.
I say this, like others have already, because FotH is still lackluster, even with the new Darklight and FotH belt.
If the balance patch just nerfs the 6pc and leaves it at that then FotH will be useless aside for just building the 3 stacks for HF, even with Darklight, which no one is using it seems.

3 Likes

We don’t even know what changes are being made yet. Please save your complaining for when there is actually something to complain about.

1 Like

True, but I feel like they are going to end up doing to AoV like what just happened to WW barb. My prediction will be the nerf goes too far again.

1 Like

Does that imply during a season, or to the next season? Thanks

While the PTR does give an indication of changes; it’s not a perfect solution. Yes some of these changes (Monk and Sader set changes) should have been on the PTR, however it’s impossible to see exactly how things will balance until it goes live; the sample size on the PTR is just too small.

1 Like

Also, you have the problem of whether players push their favorite class. The trend is for many top end players not to push so the data is unreliable about the true potential of a new build.

That is why I looked more deeply at the data including the top 40 PTR barb clears.

3 Likes

But for all we know they’re going to increase rend damage again. Let them actually make the changes before you start criticizing them. Right now the post I originally commented on is complaining about their own prediction of changes.

1 Like

After this new fix gets put in, next Tuesday I assume, that will be the third week of what is essentially the PTR. I said it in another thread, if we learned anything, its that one week of PTR for such massive changes is woefully wrong.

3 Likes

Thanks a ton for taking the time to communicate even when a lot of the community posts are quite aggressive in tone. I hope to have a great time in S19. Mini-Tyrael FTW!!!

I especially look forward to the Context blog post.

2 Likes

Agreed. Either make it easier to play bazooka manually again, or, perhaps even ban players that use it for now since there is no way it can be done reliably with out macros. It needs to be playable manually or not at all.

4 Likes

Please dont forget that DH class exist. If you dont give us anything keep in mind that changes to other classes will leave us in dust.

6 Likes

I am so very glad to hear this Nevalists, that is all the community has ever asked for. Simple posts like these that take 15-20 minutes to draw up and is a conclusion on the next route of action on addressing many concerns about certain builds. This post has greatly excited me, and hopefully we can see some power returned to the lamentation belt. Effectively, although the rend barb feels great and i’ve played barb and fully auged my whirlwind set each and every season for the past 4 years or so, i am noticing that rend feels great for t16, but in terms of gr pushing it’s only given about 6 grs compared to using whirlwind as the primary source of damage. That being said, i’m gracious for the well needed attention barbs are getting, and in order to compete with many other classes, a reversion of the nerf giving lamentation back it’s 200% or at the lowest 125-150% would be extremely appreciated, as well as balanced when comparing to other builds. Currently the highest leaderboard clear for barb was around 134 (last i checked this morning) performed by a 8-9k paragon player using the seismic slam set. This set was great, and i’m excited for it’s buff but as the stats detail; rend is around 6-7 grs lower than that of the seismic slam. So with that being said, reverting the lamentation buff and giving it 200% damage will probably allow it to clear 135, maybe up to 137 with extremely high paragon. And the 140 cleared on season really overinflated the results due to not only the kill streaks, but the damage increase, the movement speed increase, as well as the ability to time killstreaks for elite packs. Without all of that you could easily see a 3-4 gr difference, if not more dropping from the 140s to high 130’s. So with that said, i’m graciously hoping that ww rend is addressed and given back some power to compete :slight_smile: Much love for the response and feedback nev!!

2 Likes

Love the communication Nev. This post was excellent and mostly all we really need from time to time.

Thank you!

13 Likes

Yes while we got a little increased damage via blacksmith crafted items, its very little. Rapid Fire is not a good build for someone to utilize during a season except when you have higher paragon. Need something tweaked for sure please. :slightly_smiling_face:

This is good news. But for all the ice in Alaska, please let the devs know they went WAY OVERBOARD on the Rend nerf. See my linked post. All the fun we had, gone in a flash.

This is very good news. I’m happy to hear there will be some communication of intent.

Hope your cold/flu cleared up quicker than mine. I’m still in goopy zombie mode.

20 Likes

DH updates and such will likely come in a future patch; it’s clearly not on the table for 2.6.7.

To help insure your requests are seen by the devs, I urge you to work with your class community and draft a proposal similar to what we Barbs did. That’s how several of our ideas were implemented into this patch.

In the near future, I hope DHs get a lot of love, and I especially hope Impale gets some major juice!

10 Likes

Please show some love for demon hunter. A Buff is required for this class to be a viable option in 4 man group.

3 Likes

Going to have to disagree here, What class do you main Avalon? I’ve played mainly wizard, demon hunter, and barb each season putting over 100 hours on each character. And i can tell you, demon hunter’s speed gr, bounties, and t16 farming heavily outclassed barb. Wizard heavily outclassed barb in grs, WD heavily outclasses barb in grs, Crusaders heavily outclass barb in GRS, necro heavily outclasses barb in grs, necro has speed farming variants stronger than barb, wizard has chantodo’s which is a bit slower but able to complete 100 grs in 3 mins easily, demon hunter has impale which actually pairs quite well with barb’s trash clearing. Conclusion being, most classes are in a very good spot besides barb and monk, granted WOL is much better at speed clearing 95-100 then barb. So tell me, why is it that you think the request for barbs to be buffed to simply meet other classes or at least lessen the gap between other classes and barb in speed and greater rift clears? Barb’s only effective spot in GRS the past 4 season+ was zbarb, to pull and cry and that’s about it. You can have znecro’s but you can also have necro’s play RGK’s and dominate. The trend is versatility between classes, yet barb has not seen that for a while. So i think your opinion is invalid and not backed up by any type of data or analytics whatsoever.

2 Likes

I am interested in DH changes.

When they finally nerf Bazooka, there will be a hole for other trash killers to fill.

Sentry DH or Lightning Ball DH would be cool to see as trash killer.

But it sounds like they are aware that Bazooka is too strong and that is likely the strongest trash killing build the game will ever have, until it’s gone.

I don’t expect future trash killers to do what Bazooka did, or atleast you’ll need some skill to play them (aka no macros).

3 Likes