List of Severe Issues - Patch 2.6.7

As a Crusader player, I have to say thanks for nerfing the Crusader back out of the group meta again. Though to be honest having a set for Fist of Heaven that performs most of it’s damage as holy shotgun isn’t really my idea of fun. As a suggestion you could have given the set a bonus to damage and toughness for not using a shield. Which would have completed the “Imperius” theme you obviously had in mind for the set. Guess I’ll swap to barb this season like everyone else.

That’s why if a fix cannot be in time for season start, disabling the entire Deathwish+Sigil interaction might be a temporary fix, but i’m not sure if that makes wizards still a viable class to play, perhaps leaving vyrs as a go-to in the season.

many season ago there was a similar exploit where you could leave the rift as a wiz (MH/hydra RGK) and get a ton of archon stacks in a cow level or some similar pre-pulled dense areas, hop back into the rift and keep all the stacks you gathered.

they changed that. I already thought that this fix back then would avoid any similar exploit in the future since I noticed it with other skillbuffs when leaving a GR for repairing.
Guess not every skill was worked on back then. But it should be a simple fix then. It just needs to be done!

Barb in Season 19 might be okay for farming xp in low level runs but it certainly won’t replace a damage dealer in the meta.

You make it sound like Crusader got nerfed and now everyone will play Barb only.

That’s ridiculous: Lamentation at 150% is barely as good as rat necro and won’t even be the best solo build damage wise.

4 Likes

Something to keep in mind here is that happened well before the Classic team took over Diablo 3’s development. As such, the current team may have some catching up to do in the form of sifting through the code to find out how to fix this like it was done before. That takes time, which is in rather tight supply right now given the new season starts in five days.

Time is the key element here, and it isn’t on the Classic team’s side right now. Barring a really lucky find early on when they go through the code to find the right part to fix or the part they want to duplicate (i.e. the fix for MH/Hydra), I would bet on them simply disabling one or more components of the Bazooka Wizard build in an effort to head off the problem and stall for time.

The upside to that is that the expected meta for season 19 would be thrown out the window and a new one created by the more knowledgeable players. Or we’ll see the return to purely rat runs with the loss of a viable Wizard build that can push that high.

I really hope they don’t go the same route they did with Bone Ringer anf Shield of Fury. It’s a trend that really doesn’t suit the game well given its infinite scalar nature for endgame content. It also tends to cause situations where we see overshoot/undershoot (i.e. the pendulum swings to the extremes and the happy medium is never reached until a point when players have already given up).

1 Like

Nev has already said they will look into Bazooka Wiz in the next major patch, the fact they have pushed out patch 2.76a to the three console vendors awaiting certification for next week will mean they can’t do another one in time.

Bazooka Wiz as it is will be part of S19.

He probably misread the buff to be 550% instead of 150% :rofl:

That’s right, especially since the exploit is already out in the open. Stall time into season, and the dev can just activate the powers again once the fix is in. Bazooka requires extremely high paragons and gears to pull it off, and a week into S19 is unlikely to be enough time to reach there (unless i’m dated :face_with_monocle:)

This issue will be fixed in 2.6.7a on PC. It will be coming to console in a later patch, though we don’t really see Bazooka Wizard being played on console due to the difficulties in executing the build.

Bug Fixes

• Wizard
    • Wave of Force (Arcane Attunement)
      • Stacks of Arcane Attunement are now removed upon entering a Greater Rift (PC Only)
      • Note: This change will be coming to Console in a future patch.
  • 12 Likes

Thanks Nevalistis. :smile_cat:

How old is this game?

The original D3 was released May 15, 2012.
    It had a paid expansion Reapers of Souls (March 25, 2014,) and paid downloadable content pack called Rise of the Necromancer (June 27, 2017).

1 Like

MY understanding of this is that it negates leaving a GR to go stack then returning to kill RG. A bug recently posted in a video.

Thank you so much for the update. Keep up the good work!

Thanks you for your feedback !

In other words we cannot use macros? :slight_smile:

Bad troll, reporting. We’ve been able to use macro since 2014. This has been covered numerous times in other threads.

There is another exploit similar to stacking Wave of Force outside of Greater Rifts. People can also stack the seasonal theme kill streak bonus outside of Greater Rifts. Please remove these stacks when entering the GR to prevent abuse.

5 Likes

Trolling really? By saying Console players cannot use macros…never said macros are wrong…just Console players can’t use them.

Great that this is being looked into and hopefully fixed.

What about the Seasonal buff 300 kill streak “bug”? On the PTR it was killing the players when it went off.

1 Like

Nev,

Will the seasonal kill streak also drop when leaving a GR or not go up for kills outside of a GR to prevent using highly mob dense areas that do not exist to get to a 500 kill streak spawning the Angels at the RG in the rift?

That seems like a egregious use of the seasonal mechanic.

1 Like