List of Severe Issues - Patch 2.6.7

Before Season 19 begins. Since we’re racing to get release clients built, tested, and submitted to third party partners, I can’t be more specific than that.

11 Likes

Thank you Brandy for listening to us. :slight_smile:
On a side note - I miss your cute Death Maiden avatar…

3 Likes

Yeah! Where did your Death Maiden avatar go?

#PitchFork

I don’t know about those barb’s nerfs , and now reconsidered, and a huge hit to crus :frowning_face: with the shield nerf. You realize that at some point in time with new legends / sets / season buff / a future patch etc etc… someone will be able to solo 150 so why not now? what will happen if in a next future patch another class will do a 150? nerf it again? I don’t now but crus shield cap to 20 stacks is too much.

2 Likes

Because that build is the best solo/2man/3man/4man build in the game. It replaces all RGKs and manual starpact by a large margin. It will be capable of sub 12 minutes 150s once players get good ancients and find what really makes the build great. You need to realize that 2 days of testing and they cleared 150 without full ancients and augments.

1 Like

The new forums don’t support GIF avatars for employees currently; I have the same access as you guys do to avatars, so I’ve stuck with default for the time being.

It would be a nice QoL for me, sure, but not the highest priority for the web team to address. We’re currently targeting fixing Armory profiles first and foremost. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

#1 Make Nevalistis’ profile look super legit
#2 Give important information to thousands of users to see

How dare they not pick #1 as priority I say!

1 Like

I’d like to say another thing in this topic. In this 2.6.7 patch I feel there are some severe communication issues.

These are all my guess so if I’m wrong just ignore them.

From PTR to 2.6.7 AoV changed a lot and I feel like the community suggestions that people want Heaven’s Fury to also work in this set are heard. But I think we still like to have a set to work for both Fist of the Heaven and Heaven’s Fury, in a way that either can be used as main DPS skill, and not in a way that having to use both but only one may be used to deal damage.

The same thing happened to monk set and we eventually got a set using Tempest Rush as main DPS skill, while we already had SWK set that can do it.

It’s actually good if devs have their own opinion but I feel they were hearing people’s suggestion but didn’t get the point.

1 Like

Another exploit use with bazooka build ( yes again that why this build should be delete ).

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av57542888 ( start watching at 11:13 till 11:30 then see the result at 13:20 ).

For explain what we see on the video ,
1/ They create a BIG stack of monster for the wizard wave stack ( in cow level or another level doesn’t matter ).
2/ They start the GR when the boss spawn wizard back in town
3/ Wizard kill every monster for get 110 stack ( this is the cap ) with the wave
4/ Return in GR continue stacking stricken
5/ SnapShot the boss with his 110 stack he obtain out of the GR ( the boss get OS with one meteor )

This issue must be fix before the season or wizard would be use as trashkiller AND boss killer …

9 Likes

ok, that’s just insane. Not sure how they fix that, but it needs to be done.

Looks like another Wizard exploit (described two posts above this one) with video.

Afraid to say it but I don’t think 2.6.7a is ready for release. That looks like a gamebreaking issue.

Bazooka needs a straight up hotfix destroying its viability until you guys can sort out that issue.

3 Likes

Hello Nevalistis, I hate to distract the conversation but as the previous posts have pointed out, there is indeed a gamebreaking exploit for bazooka wiz right now.

Bazooka wiz can solo GR 145+ (potentially 150) by exploiting the wave of force stacks outside of GR. it has already solo’d 148 in china by exploiting this mechanism.

to reiterate, when the rift guardian spawns, the wiz goes out into some parts of the world, where over 100 mobs have been pre-pulled near a waypoint, and use wave of force to get 100+ stacks. the wiz then returns to the GR and continues to stack stricken. this way, with power pylon, bazooka wizard is able to one-shot RG on 150 with one arcane meteor.

a fix can be very simple: wave of force stacks must be reset upon leaving and entering a greater rift.

Agree with the urgent hotfix with bazooka, Nev. Simply remove the spec meanwhile while pending for the dev to correct. Even if it’s one week into s19, might be doable as i doubt no one would be able to exploit this spec one week into a new season?

It’s not the build, it’s the snapshotting. That can be taken care of fairly easily relative to changing other things in the build. And opening a greater rift should close any lingering portals such as the Vault or Cow Level IMO. Cow level especially due to its density is too easy to exploit like this.

That can be a fix, but it shouldn’t necessarily be the go-to for a fix. The reason being that it would also kill the stacks by just changing floors in a rift as the most readily available means to force a stack reset is to do a blanket trigger on any zone change even if it’s within the rift itself. It generally has to do with how the abilities are coded. But if there isn’t any other viable fix found by the devs (or us) in time, then what has to be just has to be and we live with a forced stack reset on any zone change at all. It sucks, but as we’ve said many times before, “this is why we can’t have nice things”.

This is also a very good time to point out that having that extra week for padding between seasons really allows time to iron things out. Had the season gone live this week we’d have the leaderboards already tainted by the exploit. Hopefully this impresses upon the players the need for some wiggle room with regard to patch deployment vs. season start dates.

changing floors within a GR is not the same as leaving the GR and coming back into it. we just have to hope that the devs can figure out how to implement this. but in my view this is the only way to fix it, since the wave of force stacks not resetting outside of GR is precisely what the exploit is exploiting.

This will depend on how the ability is coded. It’s possible to do it the way you suggest and not have it affect the floor changes inside the rift, but the question is can it be done in time? The window here is tiny compared to back when the PTR was up and we still had over a month left til the new season.

The reason I know it can be done is because all pylon effects except the speed pylon, are cleared when you exit a greater rift into town. So the mechanic is there going one way. The devs need to reproduce that, but going the other way. I guess we’ll see how they handle it soon enough.

1 Like

As a Crusader player, I have to say thanks for nerfing the Crusader back out of the group meta again. Though to be honest having a set for Fist of Heaven that performs most of it’s damage as holy shotgun isn’t really my idea of fun. As a suggestion you could have given the set a bonus to damage and toughness for not using a shield. Which would have completed the “Imperius” theme you obviously had in mind for the set. Guess I’ll swap to barb this season like everyone else.

That’s why if a fix cannot be in time for season start, disabling the entire Deathwish+Sigil interaction might be a temporary fix, but i’m not sure if that makes wizards still a viable class to play, perhaps leaving vyrs as a go-to in the season.

many season ago there was a similar exploit where you could leave the rift as a wiz (MH/hydra RGK) and get a ton of archon stacks in a cow level or some similar pre-pulled dense areas, hop back into the rift and keep all the stacks you gathered.

they changed that. I already thought that this fix back then would avoid any similar exploit in the future since I noticed it with other skillbuffs when leaving a GR for repairing.
Guess not every skill was worked on back then. But it should be a simple fix then. It just needs to be done!

Barb in Season 19 might be okay for farming xp in low level runs but it certainly won’t replace a damage dealer in the meta.

You make it sound like Crusader got nerfed and now everyone will play Barb only.

That’s ridiculous: Lamentation at 150% is barely as good as rat necro and won’t even be the best solo build damage wise.

4 Likes