Announced D2R changes - logical inconsistencies

If the goal is to maximize space for stuff, then 1 shared tab and 3 personal tabs helps.

Let’s say there’s a max of 20 characters per account. 1 Shared stash and 3 personal stash tabs means you have 61 potential stash tabs.

Now let’s do that with 1 personal and three shared. That’s 23 stash tabs.

Between 61 possible stash tabs, and 23, I think people want the 61.

9 Likes

Is the Moo King the long lost brother?

How about just a basic 30-50 shared tabs? No personal tabs at all.

If you get 1 shared + 3 personal and you have 10 playing characters and 10 mules (20 total character slots) you really only have 30 storage spaces and 1 muleing tab. You won’t be using your personal storage on your playing characters as real ‘space’ until you retire them.

More realistically we will get maybe 16 characters and if you use 8 toons to play that leaves 8 mules, or 24 storage spots.

In the end you are having to sacrifice character slots to create mules. I think we all are expecting them to give us a finite number of character slots, I would prefer to use them all for playing rather than allocate some to mules.

1 Like

Well, if you want more, take this.

Poor ‘change’ decisions:

1. 3 shared + 1 personal stash tabs instead of 1 shared + 1 personal.
  2. Keep respecs instead of removing it.
  3. Increased rune drop rate in 1.13 (long time ago).
  4. Crossprogression only, no ‘friends only’ PC/console crossplay.

Hurry up and announce changes:

1. Max gold amount in shared stash
  2. 8 players multiplayer on ‘switch’ console.

Will these spam topics from the same handful of people ever stop on this forum?

6 Likes

We have enough threads on the topic already.
And stop trying to trojan horse it with other unrelated changes.
If you want to generate a curated list, do not use emotionally charged words like “blunder”, “poor” and imperatives such as “hurry”.
Use objective measurements and do your research. And do not create duplicates.

First 100 threads we already have 6 of them:

4 Likes

Lol, this game just needs to release already so everyone can stop posting. I think people are getting antsie in their pantsie, Blizz…

12 Likes

There is already an unknown on how ladder shared stash will be transferred to non ladder. You start adding too many shared tabs, it’ll be a nightmare to move into non ladder stashes. Also, Diablo 3 already does this by not having a personal stash, and guess what happens at the end of the season? You no longer have access to that character. 1 personal and 3 shared with double the space in each tab than original should be fine for most people. For the extreme hoarders, adjust. I never had an issue with space in D3 launch, and only utilized a couple of mules.

The only point that this will become an issue, is if the game gets many patches, where players over time are hoarding bugged or legacy items. I don’t believe this will be an issue though, since it is on modern battle net, and Diablo 3 already automatically updates balance changes to equipment you have.

Its simple, every character created adds 3 shared stash tabs. Shared is better since they will always be accessible to each character.

When a ladder resets, all Ladder shared stash tabs and characters transfer to Non-Ladder, and every character created in the new ladder, is locked to ladder.

I hope they have planned this out, and keep it simple.

Ah, let’s not forget:

1. Where’s my personal loot?
  2. PvE only servers!
  3. I want increased drop rates for all the rare stuff!
  4. My class needs rebalancing so I can powercreep!
  5. Charm inventory so I can dunk on kids.
  6. Again, ploot when?
  7. I need MOAR stash space for all my white items.
  8. Nerf this runeword, buff that runeword!
  9. I want the benefits of playing ladder, without playing ladder. (Runewords)
  10. I need loot only I can pick up.
9 Likes

Outside of bug fixes, I don’t expect much more significant beyond runeword list in game by launch. We just got confirmation on key binds today through the blog, which was the other thing I figured we would see for launch, and very happy to see. Who knows what the future holds post launch! Flame on!

I don’t think, the first one is a bad thing. You are just asking for more stash space.

But if I’m not completely wrong here, you have no idea, how much space how will actually have in D2R, because we still don’t know, how many chars you can have.

Let’s assume, you have as many chars in D2R as in D2. Stashes are 2 times the size of the original ones. So in D2, you had 8 chars with D2 (50 slots) stashes. If you have only 8 D2R chars, you will have 8 D2R stashes + 3 shared D2R stashes. That is equal to 22 D2 stashes… with 3 accounts, you had 24 D2 stashes back then.

Now you are asking for 3 * 8 + 1 D2R stashes, which are 50 D2 stashes lol! That’s more than 6 D2 accounts worth of stash size dude.

Have you even thought about your request here?

1 Like

Sir, if I could give you an award like on steam for your comment, I would. You hit the nail on the head in regards to the constant and habitual demands for change in D2R that if Blizzard took notice of and (in my opinion, foolishly) acted on, you would see over the course of a couple of months, that D2R would suddenly metamorph into D3.

I think it is a subconscious thing with the ‘Gimmie Cats’, they don’t realize on the surface that they are demanding D3.

4 Likes

No my friend, if Blizzard actually gave into even half of these demands D2R would be worse than D3.

D3 was designed, for better or worse, from the ground up to be it’s own experience. These people want things haphazardly tacked onto D2R with reasoning that consistently crumbles (whether they believe it or not) under any level of practical scrutiny.

I hope Blizzard, through wisdom or sheer apathy, realizes as much and avoids implementing the blatantly greedy non-QoL suggestions.

Most people want D2 with updated graphics and a few UI/QoL tweaks.

Others want a “Create-Your-Own-Adventure” Game with a Diablo skin.

5 Likes

Yea that’s fair points, I agree.

Yes, me calling anything a blunder is an opinion of course. Not sure what I’ve said that would make the ideas/post presented idiotic though, kind of excessive there.

I’m assuming you disagree (because you called the ideas idiotic) and think multiple shared tabs > multiple personal tabs and no QoL in D2 Classic are good? Or that cow king death should prevent portal creation? Or single player gamers shouldn’t have access to ladder runewords and d clone?

I mean I completely agree with everything in your post. Maybe change the title though so people take it more seriously.

1 Like

Is it official they only gonna have 1 personal tab though? Maybe they gonna make it so we get more personal tabs by beating each difficulty?

You also forgot some important points:

1. I cannot kill immune monsters!
  2. I need a free respec per 10 sec.
  3. Why auto-gold pick up does not cover whole screen?
  4. Stop make me leave gems on the ground. You must add infinity stack for gems/runes.
  5. Microtransactions to defeat all that jobless poor noobs.
  6. Auction house!
  7. There is no modern game with shared loot should exists!
  8. Set high runes drop chance equal to tp scroll drop chance. I have a wife and 7 kids so I deserve 10 ber per day.
  9. Why I have to watch all the drop? Where is the loot filter?
  10. Melee AOE.
8 Likes

You forgot the most important one.

1. Don’t touch my game with your changes! Go to D4 instead!
2 Likes