List of Bugs After Maintenance 9/10 and 9/18

Pc battlenet shuts down when game is loaded im surprised all my data is even beung saved…

If the BNet launcher shuts down then that is a setting in the launcher that you control. Go to Settings > General. You will see a section that lets you select from a drop down list what happens when a game is launched - make sure you select the option you prefer. You probably have it set to close the Launcher when you start a game.

As for your data, that is saved on the Server, not on your PC. The Laucher only launches and logs you in. Beyond that, it is not needed to play the game or have your data saved on the Blizzard servers.

Sweet cool thanks =-)

Also have the stupid bugs been fixed? Its rather annoying

Thanks @metalhead for posting about this. I thought about doing the same thing, by starting the thread. I have not been able to test these issues today. Have they seemed to be fixed now?

1 Like

@ Badger, thanks - I’m hoping that the current investigation by our engineers comprises these aspects as well, I continue to have my eyes on the thread and will respond back soon as more info becomes available.

@ SlimReaper - the current investigation is ongoing as far as I can see, thanks for hanging in there.

Another issue I just experienced. I may not be an alpha player but I noticed a decided and remarkable difference when entering a nephalem rift at T16. Last nite I could run through as always and kill everything lickety split. Not so today. It was as if I was running a very much higher level rift than just the T16. An issue due to maintenance or because of trying to fix other issues? Someone needs to take a look. I quit the game and reloaded and am still experiencing the problem. Like I said, I’m no alpha gamer but T16 rifts are no problem for me to run within 2.5 minutes instead. I’m not killing anything now.

1 Like

If you are referring to your Season Wiz, you have the wrong boots on.

2 Likes

Badger hit the nail on the head with the many issues happening since the maintenance.

In addition to it being nearly impossible to invite or request invites, to join other players in general, some of the requests don’t even show up to the other person.
With party chat not working it says you are not in a party. The only way of communicating has been to whisper players and the option to whisper is not always available on one or both sides. The only way you know if another player can whisper you is if they do, then you can respond back thankfully.
In both parties and solo play when leaving game and entering the lobby sometimes there is no option to return to your own game, or another player has no option to return if in a party. The only thing that can be done is to exit Diablo 3 completely or sit in limbo.

Thank you for being the lone voice in responding to the community, I hope we are not forgotten.

1 Like

Still have not been fixed after a day?!

Party chat not working. As if the players are blocked from communication. We can whisper to each other but chat types and is only seen by the sender. This has started after maintenance for the past 2 days. The issue occurs only on US server our group moved to Europe server and chat worked find.

Still have not been fixed after a day?!

Day 2 of chat gate :slight_smile:

It seems that most social aspects of D3 are not working correctly after a few days.
Chat seems to work now so some things are being worked on, thank you!
But the big one, grouping, is still not working.
There are times that I cannot leave the group, or even exit D3, I have to alt-f4 to close the game.

I agree that we should have a fully working version of the game before it goes live next time.

1 Like
  1. when joining a group, one can’t see that they are in a group while in main menu. they don’t see the other players
  2. can’t leave a game without killing the entire game (in group)
  3. when the group host joins or creates a game, others in the group take 5-10 seconds before they auto join the game
1 Like

All these bugs are still occurring, none were fixed.

1 Like

Any chance you can ask them to fix “Recent Players” list while they fix up chat and friends?

The recent players list was took out on purpose I guess, it is not a bug.
I dont know why they did it.

The reported issues, the problems resulting from the maintenance did not exist before the maintenance. How much time does it take to look at what was done during the maintenance to fix the game? How “actively being investigated” is this, or is that a smoke screen to not do anything?

I asked about it in December and was told that it is a bug. It was not intentional. I was also told that it would take not just the D3 team to fix, but the Bnet team too. It was a Bnet update that broke the current in-game chat features for example.

So, it is not a bad idea actually to have that bug reviewed at the same time as these. It takes the Bnet team after all and both are communications and grouping related.

I do have it in my Known Issues list sticky at the top of the forum by the way.

No, it means that the communications that are controlled by the Bnet infrastructure are complicated. How that interacts with each game is different. Sometimes unexpected issues arise. I would prefer they fix it right in a way that does not cause even MORE issues. At least we can play, some of the WoW folks have been unable to even get in game since the DDOS attacks on Saturday.

3 Likes