Life per hit vs life per kill

I’m using the istvan set. Is it better to have life per hit or life per kill?
one of my weapons has rcr and the other knockback which one would be better? I also have life per fury on my belt. Thank you for the help.

For playing Rend, which I assume is what you’re talking about, it’s better to have life per kill, since this is a secondary stat that doesn’t conflict with other valuable primary rolls (LpH is a primary).

Generally speaking, you’ll want your primaries to be Str-CDR-AD at low paragon and Dmg%-CDR-AD at higher paragon.

Yes the rend build. I have to learn to write my posts better. Thank you for the resopnse. What is a good cooldown and area damage ratio?

If you are using Boon, you can get away with as little as 33.33% CDR (2 8% rolls + Diamond in Helm + Paragon). But that’s cutting it close. The ideal amount of AD is 178% (50% paragon + 48% 2x weapons + 20% Shoulder + 20% Glove + 40% 2x rings).

ive got a ways to go to get to 178 percent. with my gear im at 114 percent with 46 percent cooldown. im able to clear a 125 solo so far. thanks for the help :). Im using the enchantress for cooldown right now. Any suggestions for which follower to use?

The general opinion around here is that Enchantress is the best. In an ideal situation, you’ll use her 10% elemental damage ability rather than her 10% CDR, though of course extra CDR makes everything run more smoothly even if it’s not totally needed. It’s easy to swap back and forth of course- maybe give the 10% elemental a try and see how it feels. Even without that 10% CDR from Enchantress, you should be at about 40% CDR total, plus Boon, and that should be enough.

Btw, in the future, you might want to stick questions like this in the Zodiac Rend guide thread. Less clutter, your post is more likely to get answered quickly, and we’ll know which build you’re talking about right off the bat!

ok sounds good. thanks again :slight_smile:

We talking only on your istvans swords?

Life per kill is what you want.
RCR is only helpful if you play crimson
knockback is never helpful
life per fury is not good either as you take points in resource cost reduction which makes it garbage healing. You need to take these points so you keep fury higher while pushing with istvans. life per fury is even worse with crimson as it adds 20% more fury reduction.

Id recommend 1 million health for pushing until you get to 3k paragon then slowly work down to 800k at 4k. After that you can go full glass cannon and be fine as long as you got skillzzz. Just remember the more enemies you pull the more tanky you get.

Life per hit is a primary affix, life on kill is a secondary. Prioritize in getting the 4 primaries as suggested by any guide. Life on hit is not suggested by any guide as far as I can tell. If you feel like you absolutely need this which I don’t think that you do because berserker gives you good heals and sustainability, then you can get it on your bracers instead of strength for example, and you can fill the gap by placing one augment or just get 100 more paragons (500 strength) which pretty much nullifies the loss of strength on an ancient bracers piece.

Thank you - this is helpful information :slight_smile: