Let us an option to reforge Primals ...without losing their Primal status

I have a bunch of different Primals, but almost all of them still have at least one parameter that needs to be replaced, even after Kadala.

It is so hard to find Primal gear with right stats. Even harder find Primal with proper second stats. I am moustly talking about thorns in second stats, it is like impossible… For example (for my build) the shield Akarat’s Awakening w/ideal properties should have 20ctb, 20AD, 8cdr, +15 to Bombs, 25% leg bonuse and 9500 thorns. Except +11ctb wich always we have on that shield by default. So in fact i need 6-fecta for ideal shield for my biuld. And now i only able to change just one parmeter. Thats why we need reforge of red legendaries. Yes its seems like gamble, but reward will makes you extremely happy!

Notice that i’m not asking about easy way to upgrade something to Primal. But since we have Primal gear - we need the way to make them really perfect.

Obviously the Primals is an endgame “thing”. When we reach endgame we already have a billions of gold and tons of regular gems. So why we need to collect all these materials? Lets open a new way to spend them. Yes i mean wasting it on the opportunity to improve Primals. There is no need to “build a bicycle”. Just add to Kadala new “super expensive” ability for extended Primal tuning or something like that.

P.S. there is no chance, that i’ll ever find all needed Primal gear with all right stats. Mathematically it’ll takes a whole my life or even more. And there is Diablo 4 already on the horizon…

5 Likes

I’ve asked a few times to let the mystic change more than one property. Leave the first one as is, then increase the cost to change the second property, then increase again for the third, and so on. Heck, they can increase the cost for a primal. As it is, all primals are good for is salvage.

3 Likes

First of all there seems to be a bit of confusion between Kadala and the Mystic and reroll and reforge…

The downside of any suggestion of this kind is that primals would then be close to mandatory for several slots because once you had a primal you could make it perfect… So we could end up in endless bounty runs.

1 Like

Absolutely agree, hope for it.

1 Like

It should cost 50 ramaldani gifts and i’ll be happy. This stuff piles up too fast later in season. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s primal, we should be able to pick whatever stats we want on it after we find one. That’s the bottom line.

I mean it should be expensive like 5 gifts and 10 forgotten souls , but after paying the price, I should expect to be able to change any and all affixes without limits to whatever I want at anytime. It’s primal!

1 Like

Fixed, thx comerade!

2 All, I would prefer to pay for reforge with gold, gems, DBs, uber keys, mix of it or whatever else, but except forgotten souls! Because i always have tiny amount of it - this is real shortage material of all materials in the game. Even when you have 5k FS, you can only spend them 100 times on reforging. Costs are so high that i faster found good item rather than i get it through reforge. That formula is good if you are 1) lucky boy, or 2) if you have a quiet good collection of Forgotten Souls (thousands of them). The second option is possible over time - but this is the only viable option we want? I don’t think so.

Unpopular opinion! Primals don’t worth the time effort and are over rated. Even if i find a perfectly rolled primal my ancients are better most of the time. Primals are glorified crap.

1 Like

says the guy with a 126% lamentation and a 273% deathwish (and let’s ignore the 1k paragon just for the lols)

2 Likes

This has been requested so often, but I guess either Blizz just don’t care enough to do it or probably take another few years before they would be in the game.

1 Like

I think it would be fine if the rerroll always be with primal status. But rerolling more than one stat would make mystic becomes a full item editor.

Bad idea my opinion. Stop looking for primal a good ancient is good enough. F you start asking to keep primal after reforge the next one comes keep ancient after reforge. It’s so easy to gear since early days were I bought my Zuni wd set for 60€ that this question should never pop up.

Seems like i havet played the game for a while dosen’t it? And from time to time i have a crazy idea of deleting everything and start over from scrach. And since i have child and a family to support i don’t have to much time to play. But yeah i’m a joke thx.

I’m sorry to break the news to you, but your opinion about primals is indeed a (bad) joke

Thanks for the info Karen.:roll_eyes:

don’t ever see then changing it.
If you get to stage where all the gear is maxed out what is there left to play for with nothing to find

funny. you must be german

Almost XD move a little to the middle of Europe and look for a little sh#@ hole coutry.

If your ancients are better, then you didn’t find a perfectly rolled primal.

1 Like

Just make a season hero and start in adventure mode. You can even get an extra stash tab… for all your crappy primals! :slight_smile: