Let the game release Dudes!

What’s so hard to understand about that? If D2R is released without any further changes beyond the stash and some bug fixes, patches or mods can still give you as many changes as you want!! Give the purists their game. It is the only chance, to play D2 as it is without sone glidewrapper and with more than 25 FPS!

How are people so committed to change the game?! If you don’t like D2 as it is, why are you so motivated to play D2R in the first place?? Rather suggest all of this stuff in the D4 threads, where there might be a need for new ideas.

15 Likes

D2 can be played right now by everyone, with no changes just like it has been for 20 years. You can buy it on bnet for $10. It hasn’t gone anyway and will continue to be. So why are you here? Go play D2…

If you want enhancements and minor QoL, that’s what D2R promises.

10 Likes

Completely agree. Release it with the QoL already shown and the amazing rendering engine and graphics. All of the other major changes people are begging for is so futile and out-of-touch.

6 Likes

There are of course additional minor QoL that they can do. No one actually disagrees with allowing repeatable cow king/cow level.

4 Likes

Have you seen/read the recent reports with the interview with Chris Lena, D2R lead producer?

3 Likes

Chris Lena is the lead Producer.

A Producer is concerned with marketing, budget allocation, ie “Business-kind-of-things”.

A Producer does not decide if noobs, casuals and non-diablo players get to ruin a Remaster by whining and moaning for changes to a masterpiece or not.

6 Likes

As you noted, his position includes marketing. This includes marketing where he provides information about the overall development plans, testing cycles, and Blizzard’s desire to receive player feedback to inform D2R changes that the players want.

No feedback in this forum is going to change the release date.

They already likely have a date in mind and just haven’t announced it yet in case it has to be delayed. I hope it’s sooner, but it seems like they might wait until June and release it on the anniversary.

2 Likes

I agree , that D2R should be as it was discussed and shown in the interview with Llama and the 3 developers , what we need are those little QoL , change bad bugs , fix desynchnron, nothing else should be changed as new act , new monsters , new stuff , atleast not in the next 5 years
Loking forward hyped for the Alpha test!

4 Likes

As I said:

You can still have your changes later on. I think, it is very likely, that the devs are going to listen to the fans, if the majority wants changes. But why rushing it? Not a single person of you has played D2 with these changes. How are you 100% convinced, that they do not change the experience / gameplay in an unexpected way? I can e.g. give you a very unintuitive, tedious, statistical consequence of personal loot, a lot of the people do not think of / know. (The variance of the time without good drops rises with the time played → the periods, in which you don’t see a good drop get longer. Party play increases this effect. Shared loot lowers it again in some sense. I am sure, not everyone in here is aware of such consequences)

1 Like

One biggest thing I’m against is Personal Loot. I don’t wanna see it in the game. People who want Personal Loot, play other games that uses it. D3 uses it, D4 will definitely have it. But this is Diablo 2. No touch!

5 Likes

how are people so committed to buy the same old game for 40$with no changes? “why do you want to play on higher resolution and full wide screen? dont you like the original game? stop trying to change it!!” /s

1 Like

Because we love the ‘same old game’. and have been hoping for a remaster for over a decade, and are finally being given one.

2 Likes

there is equally or more people who wants more changes. people have waited decades for actualy changes, where do you draw the line?

if one d2 purists joins in here and say the graphics are way to over worked and should go back to 2D, should they listen?

why do you want a remaster if you dont like changes? just the graphics? thats a shame.

I have been wanting a remaster for well over a decade and has always, since the start, hoped for the loot system to get a remake. also charms and the stamina bar is weird balanced. that could need some re work aswell.

The graphics they totaly nailed and could not ask for any improvements, also gold auto pickup has always been wanted and thats something we actualy got, cool id say! more of these changes!

Completely anecdotal until you show evidence. You believe one thing, I believe another.

I firmly believe there are more people who want it to stay closer to the original. And guess what, there is another diablo game coming out called Diablo 4 that can have all the changes you want.

So why not let both groups of people get the games they want? D2:R for those that love D2 as it is, and D4 for those who want a new experience?

Seems logical to me.

And its not that we don’t want ANY changes, the QoL changes they’ve already announced are perfect. What we DONT want is them changing a giant fundamental aspect of the game, such as the loot system. Sorry.

2 Likes

I would be really shocked (mind you pleasantly) if this game was ready to go by June that seems optimistic haha.

I don’t actually know anything obviously but based on how Blizz usually goes I would say they are probably aiming for a late summer release and prepared to fall back on a nov/dec release date if things don’t go as planned.

1 Like

We do not have definitive proof who is in the majority or minority. We do have proof that many want FFA-only and many want to add an additional option.

and D2R with selectable option(s) for time loot or personal loot? That seems like the best compromise given the fact that significant portions of the D2 playerbase prefers option. Players that prefer FFA create games and play in parties with FFA as the rule.

1 Like

Are you referring to the Chris Lenda interview where he said.

CL: That sounds like a similar list to ours. We didn’t want to touch anything that impacts how the game plays and feels.

and then

“You can share loot between your characters, but that doesn’t change the moment to moment gameplay, and it doesn’t change how loot works or anything like that”

and

" Yeah, we made a decision not to do balance changes right now, for the very reason that we want to make sure we deliver the authentic experience."

Which part of this Chris Lena interview was hinting at these changes lol?

2 Likes

you dont haver any evidence that more people does not want any changes aswell :slight_smile:

of all the people i talk to in real life, not a single one would settle for what we have now and wish for more.

Of all the people on different forums i see, in games and other places. atlast 80-90% of them is for more changes. rest is up to you.

so i firmly believe you people who are afraid of changes belong in the wery wery small group of people who loves to get heard. And guess what? there is this old game called Diablo 2 that you can play for another 20 years without changes.

You cant compare it like this, it just shows how simple minded you are. there are a large group of players who loves D2 and have always wanted more (mods etc) and we now are getting D2R, those who are not happy can always stay with the OG d2.
you dont have to bring up any other game to play, while we are talking about d2r.

The D2 economy does not operate in a vacuum. If the option for personal loot exists, everyone who plays FFA loot will be at a disadvantage and be forced to play with personal loot; not because they want to, but to stay competitive.

On top of that, splitting the player base that much more is unnecessary and even getting this new system set up will takes months and month of additional development, testing, and balancing. All of which is secondary to getting the game released as it is in its current state.

1 Like